ROM Hack Question Distinction between NSP and XCI still relevant with EmuNAND?

vendettared

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not tech savvy at all but I was given the impression that an EMuNAND basically serves as a second instance of a Switch, separate from the OFW. Does this mean if I install NSP (instead of using XCI like I usually do) will it carry the same risk as using an XCI since they're considered separate from the OFW anyway?

I'm just basically trying to justify using NSP for some games. I'm using the latest FW and SX OS and I can still go online with the OFW (i.e downloading updates, going to eshop, etc) despite running XCIs but if I install NSP, will it increase the risk of getting banned (despite having EmuNAND)?

Nippontradamus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're on EmuNAND you can use both NSP and XCI and not worry about a ban so long as you use Stealth Mode. You will not have access to online services while in EmuNAND as long as Stealth Mode is active and cannot access the eShop etc. but otherwise you're "safe" as far as anyone is concerned. You can always go the extra mile but if you're on SXOS I would simply say to stick with what ya got. It works fine out of the box.

As far as XCI and NSP that's entirely up to you. XCI is basically a Game Cart mimic, and NSP is like an eShop installable. Both do the same thing just in different ways and the only real difference is that few seconds it takes to switch the XCI in Album in comparison to just hitting the game on the main menu.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but that's really it as far as I know. I'm personally an NSP guy myself but to each their own.

Reactions: Mythical

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're on EmuNAND you can use both NSP and XCI and not worry about a ban so long as you use Stealth Mode. You will not have access to online services while in EmuNAND as long as Stealth Mode is active and cannot access the eShop etc. but otherwise you're "safe" as far as anyone is concerned. You can always go the extra mile but if you're on SXOS I would simply say to stick with what ya got. It works fine out of the box.

As far as XCI and NSP that's entirely up to you. XCI is basically a Game Cart mimic, and NSP is like an eShop installable. Both do the same thing just in different ways and the only real difference is that few seconds it takes to switch the XCI in Album in comparison to just hitting the game on the main menu.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but that's really it as far as I know. I'm personally an NSP guy myself but to each their own.
This is a great bunch of info. I would use 90dns alongside stealth mode even if it might be unneccesary

Edanls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
If you got your emunand banned, your sysnand is also banned.
Use Incognito, a perfect solution to erase your console information from your emunand. Keep your sysnand untouch then you should be fine. Feel free to use both XCI and NSP.
Don't rely on those 90DNS and stealth mode (also a DNS). Way slow down your internet speed and your console is still vulnerable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw