Can someone verify that emunand still works if updating OFW to fw17?

Akumara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've seen two topics now where OP has a problem booting anything (emunand, stock, ofw) and NORMALLY you can still boot hetake and play your non-internet connected exosphere emunand and update the stock FW and it works separately and fine.

Can someone verify if this is not the case for fw 17? As i have my official stock fw with online games + real purchases which i would like to update. But im worried since I've seen two reports so far saying it doesn't work (I'm inclined to believe that OP's just did something wrong)

Akumara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No CFW yet for firmware 17.0.0 if your emunand is on 17.0.0 then no CFW, also Hekate 6.0.6 seem to work with firmware 17.0.0
I dont think you understand the question...

I dont plan to update my emunand yet, just my stock. Will both work fine after updating my stock?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think you understand the question...

I dont plan to update my emunand yet, just my stock. Will both work fine after updating my stock?

Someone showed a video of hekate 6.0.6 booting OFW, but not CFW, if you have an emunand 16.1.0 or below you should be fine.

norol115

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
in my case, i accidently update my ofw to 17.0 .
i still can launch cfw, still can play games. but i cannot enter sleep mode. it will turn off if i go to sleep mode.
so pls wait till cfw updated then u can update the ofw to 17.00 .

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to bump the thread.

But you should always be able to boot into hekate and cfw emunand (as long as it's not been updated). It doesn't matter what Nintendo do or what fw you are on.

Basically your using either a chip or RCM hack. Nintendo can't patch that out with an update.

When you boot emunand your booting into a copy of your switch on the SD card (not the flash memory in the switch). So you can use your old atmosphere files if you updated the normal switch in legit mode.

If you downloaded new fw for the emunand you might need new hekate and will definitely need new atmosphere or it won't run (but hekate will still open). You'll also need new Sig patches or games won't run.

Reactions: ASCiiDiTY

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Sorry to bump the thread.

But you should always be able to boot into hekate and cfw emunand (as long as it's not been updated). It doesn't matter what Nintendo do or what fw you are on.

Basically your using either a chip or RCM hack. Nintendo can't patch that out with an update.

When you boot emunand your booting into a copy of your switch on the SD card (not the flash memory in the switch). So you can use your old atmosphere files if you updated the normal switch in legit mode.

If you downloaded new fw for the emunand you might need new hekate and will definitely need new atmosphere or it won't run (but hekate will still open). You'll also need new Sig patches or games won't run.
The hardware vulnerabilities can not be patched. (RCM vulnerability is almost considerate a hardware one)

NVidia is working on a circuit integrated to the new CPUs which monitor voltage spikes and avoid the current way to make a hardware entry point but that can not be patched once the chip leave the factory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto