Hacking Can you boot up switch normally on stock to download eShop games and play online Safely?

R3MEDY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have hacked my switch a few times so am not a complete beginner (if that helps). I have multiple SD cards that I have created an EmuNAND on and all my games & homebrew apps ect. have all be installed onto those SD cards and not on the system itself. My question is, I would like to download some games from the eShop like Rocket League and play online safely. I have purchased a brand new clean SD card, so if I insert this card and boot normally into stock can I just start downloading eShop games and start playing online, or because I've previously hacked it will I have to create another EmuNAND and boot off stock through that?

I thought I would have to create another EmuNAND so I done this last night. When I booted into stock I had been told that you can update the stock switch and it will not affect the CFW on the EmuNAND, so I updated the stock firmware to v17.0.0. Just to be sure I inserted all my previous SD cards and booted through the EmuNAND and everything still works fine. When I inserted the brand new SD card and boot into stock through Hekate I get the error 'Unknown pkg1 version. HOS version not supported!'. I am using Hekate 6.0.7.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just in Hekate do Reboot -> OFW and you will boot to 100% stock sysmmc OFW. Doing it other way will result in using Hekate's bootloader which means your OFW won't be 100% stock.

Never connect emunand to nintendo servers, since connecting two different MMCs to Nintendo servers can result in triggering ban because of differences in reports.

R3MEDY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just in Hekate do Reboot -> OFW and you will boot to 100% stock sysmmc OFW. Doing it other way will result in using Hekate's bootloader which means your OFW won't be 100% stock.

Never connect emunand to nintendo servers, since connecting two different MMCs to Nintendo servers can result in triggering ban because of differences in reports.
Thanks for the reply masagrator.

So just to confirm, I will reboot the switch and just let it boot up as normal (OFW), no RCM to Hekate and then choosing stock?

Also, if that's the case couldn't I just reformat the SD again to get rid of the EmuNAND and use it as normal as I will be only using this SD for stock eShop games and my other SD's for all the homebrew stuff?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So just to confirm, I will reboot the switch and just let it boot up as normal (OFW), no RCM to Hekate and then choosing stock?
Yes.
Also, if that's the case couldn't I just reformat the SD again to get rid of the EmuNAND and use it as normal as I will be only using this SD for stock eShop games and my other SD's for all the homebrew stuff?

There is one big issue with this approach:
sdcard slot socket on PCB is very fragile. By changing sdcard too often one of pins in those connector can pop out, and you will be forced to either replace it or solder sdcard slot to pcb. I don't think you want that.

Example:
8y2mz7zl3mz91.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto