Dissidia Final Fantasy NT leaked by Amazon

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    91VOc3NRSBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    81YMpxB5Q+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg 61bZYWT-HEL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    Amazon has let it slip that the ever-popular Final Fantasy arcade game, Dissidia, will be making its way to PlayStation 4 consoles early next year. The official press release is likely to arrive later today, as Square Enix will be holding a stream for the arcade version of the game. According to the retailer leak, the game will feature 20 characters, FFXV's Noctis as a playable combatant, and a "deeper and more methodical" combat system. Dissidia NT's story will be written by Kazuhige Nohima, known for his work on FFX, and Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by Chary, Jun 7, 2017
    Amani, DarthDub, lcie nimbus and 9 others like this.
  2. Meteor7

Meteor7 Guess where this thumb goes.

pip Contributor
    Jun 9, 2014
    United States
    New Jersey
    I collectively put over 1000 hours into Dissidia+Duodecim. Unfortunately, trying to go back to them today was a drag, but I loved them in their day. I hope this game can bring back that feeling the original had when it first launched, but if they're going to do that, then they're going to need to at least; 1.) improve that terrible camera, 2.) make the game less rewarding to defensive play, and 3.) improve the AI+make it more aggressive. I don't know if they can make the quality of sequel that Dissidia deserves, but I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this game.

EDIT: There's actually a gameplay trailer on Amazon's listing. It looks like they have 6 combatants on the field at once using more or less the same targeting system of the originals. How exactly to they intend to balance something like that? You could potentially constantly have your combos broken by attacks from another player you couldn't see coming. You'd just get dog-piled at some times, and be tangentially involved in an un-nuanced gangbang at others. What mechanic could be there to even out something like that? Looking at the footage again, it looks like there is none. I don't see a give-and-take possible like that, but perhaps I'm just jaded by how sloppy DBZ: Tenkaichi Tag-Team was. Still, I can't see how this is going to work out. Maybe it's just a mode, and the game won't force it on you, but I kinda doubt it. It might be interesting to note that Dissidia was apparently developed by Team Ninja and only published by Square Enix, while Duodecim was an SE refinement of the game. The 2015 Dissidia arcade game, of which I assume this is a port, was developed by Team Ninja again, and was apparently rebuilt from the ground up. In short, I don't know what to expect, other than quite a different feel from the originals.

Overall, that trailer has me less than excited for this game, as it looks like it turned from a skill-based fighting game into a frenzied party brawler without room for technical cleverness.

Last edited by Meteor7, Jun 7, 2017
    Amani, MajinCubyan and Chary like this.
  3. supermayo8a

supermayo8a Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2015
    Mexico
    Guadalajara, Jalisco
    Is this the real life?

Amani likes this.
  4. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Switzerland
    Oh PS4... I've never been so happy to have a PS4. All the PSP/PSVITA games I wanted to play are veing released on PS4. Is Sony trying something? I don't know what they are doing but it's working on me :D

5. masenko

masenko Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2007
    Nottingham, England
  6. leafeon34

leafeon34 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 30, 2014
    Time to get a PS4

Amani likes this.
  7. Xandrid

Xandrid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 27, 2016
    Nigeria
    F off, no vita release, screw them

8. supermayo8a

supermayo8a Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2015
    Mexico
    Guadalajara, Jalisco
    Is this even surprising?

9. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    I have been waiting for this for so long... Makes me very happy to have a PS4.

TheDarkGreninja likes this.
  10. Xandrid

Mar 27, 2016
    Nigeria
    Honestly, kinda not, but a really wanted a dissidia game on the vita

11. sTo0z

sTo0z GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2004
    United States
    USA
    But everyone has been screaming for a proper console release, now we have it, and you're wanting to drag it down back to mobile? :P

12. deinonychus71

deinonychus71 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2008
    United States
    Chicago
    It is just fantasy.
    Combo breaker of puns!

Anyway. Rip E3. That's the one game I was looking for to be announced xD

Amani likes this.
  13. Xandrid

Mar 27, 2016
    Nigeria
    I could careless about a console release, I never asked for that, I want a vita release

14. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    Probably getting a Vita port too.

15. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    Forget Vita.. Vita is dead to most of the developers.

16. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    Has more of a chance on Vita than on PS4 where anything outside of EA/Ubisoft games flops hard.

17. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    *hoping Kingdom hearts characters make the cut* :creep:

18. Xandrid

Mar 27, 2016
    Nigeria
    But it's not completely dead so......

sephurchin likes this.
  19. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    Right. It is not complete dead but a minor games are being release. Don't get me wrong that I really like Vita appearance however no major video games are supporting it at all like 3rd party supporting. So I don't bother to get it. 3DS is the stronger one of all. Again, I am not into 3DS either for other reason, lol.

20. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    This trailer is too much confusion. First of all, why is everyone NAMELESS "********" They have names. Second, there is way too much stuff going on the HUD, this sounds a bit more complex than the 2 psp games i have. Third. this is a 3 vs 3 battle game now? Who is the gopher.... chipmunk reject known as "Nameless Matron"? And last why they replace the other two main characters cosmos and chaos? Now we got a horned human being with a sword and young princess looking person, hope they are playable at least. O_O