Dissidia Final Fantasy NT leaked by Amazon

91VOc3NRSBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81YMpxB5Q+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg 61bZYWT-HEL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
Amazon has let it slip that the ever-popular Final Fantasy arcade game, Dissidia, will be making its way to PlayStation 4 consoles early next year. The official press release is likely to arrive later today, as Square Enix will be holding a stream for the arcade version of the game. According to the retailer leak, the game will feature 20 characters, FFXV's Noctis as a playable combatant, and a "deeper and more methodical" combat system. Dissidia NT's story will be written by Kazuhige Nohima, known for his work on FFX, and Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2.

• Final Fantasy, everything you could ever want - Over 20 playable Final Fantasy heroes and villains to play, over ten iconic battle arenas, legendary summons, tons of equippable weapons and moogles
  • The return from Eos - Noctis makes his triumphant return to the PS4 as a combatant, fighting to save the world of Dissidia
  • Legendary narrative - Dive into an all-new Final Fantasy story, written by writer Kazushige Nojima (Fantasy VII Remake, Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, and Kingdom Hearts II)
  • Your fantasy. Your fight - Each battle you wage, you will gain XP and gil to deepen the customization of your Final Fantasy champion - from EX skills to weapons to skins, level up
  • Only the brave survive - The bravery combat system allows a much deeper and more methodical approach to the fighting game genre, separating luck from skill

:arrow: Source

Last edited by Chary,

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
I collectively put over 1000 hours into Dissidia+Duodecim. Unfortunately, trying to go back to them today was a drag, but I loved them in their day. I hope this game can bring back that feeling the original had when it first launched, but if they're going to do that, then they're going to need to at least; 1.) improve that terrible camera, 2.) make the game less rewarding to defensive play, and 3.) improve the AI+make it more aggressive. I don't know if they can make the quality of sequel that Dissidia deserves, but I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this game.

EDIT: There's actually a gameplay trailer on Amazon's listing. It looks like they have 6 combatants on the field at once using more or less the same targeting system of the originals. How exactly to they intend to balance something like that? You could potentially constantly have your combos broken by attacks from another player you couldn't see coming. You'd just get dog-piled at some times, and be tangentially involved in an un-nuanced gangbang at others. What mechanic could be there to even out something like that? Looking at the footage again, it looks like there is none. I don't see a give-and-take possible like that, but perhaps I'm just jaded by how sloppy DBZ: Tenkaichi Tag-Team was. Still, I can't see how this is going to work out. Maybe it's just a mode, and the game won't force it on you, but I kinda doubt it. It might be interesting to note that Dissidia was apparently developed by Team Ninja and only published by Square Enix, while Duodecim was an SE refinement of the game. The 2015 Dissidia arcade game, of which I assume this is a port, was developed by Team Ninja again, and was apparently rebuilt from the ground up. In short, I don't know what to expect, other than quite a different feel from the originals.

Overall, that trailer has me less than excited for this game, as it looks like it turned from a skill-based fighting game into a frenzied party brawler without room for technical cleverness.

Last edited by Meteor7,

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Oh PS4... I've never been so happy to have a PS4. All the PSP/PSVITA games I wanted to play are veing released on PS4. Is Sony trying something? I don't know what they are doing but it's working on me :D

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But it's not completely dead so......

Right. It is not complete dead but a minor games are being release. Don't get me wrong that I really like Vita appearance however no major video games are supporting it at all like 3rd party supporting. So I don't bother to get it. 3DS is the stronger one of all. Again, I am not into 3DS either for other reason, lol.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This trailer is too much confusion. First of all, why is everyone NAMELESS "********" They have names. Second, there is way too much stuff going on the HUD, this sounds a bit more complex than the 2 psp games i have. Third. this is a 3 vs 3 battle game now? Who is the gopher.... chipmunk reject known as "Nameless Matron"? And last why they replace the other two main characters cosmos and chaos? Now we got a horned human being with a sword and young princess looking person, hope they are playable at least. O_O

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi