Homebrew [DISCUSSION] New Super Ultimate Injector (NSUI)

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Rom hacks don't always work with Virtual Console injections. If that game fails to launch as a NES VC, try your luck with VirtuaNES emulator.
Gonna do it.
It's weird because I downloaded from that iso site and nobody hasn't complained.
Meh... gonna give it a shot.
Lot of thanks man!

Last edited by E1ite007,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany

cihalfaon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a weird place to ask, but it's the best place I could think of short of a new thread.

Is there any, like, collection thread for custom VC inject borders (for GB/GBC)? I'm making one for Pokemon Brown right now, and I thought I might share it, but I'm not sure if there's anywhere good for that.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a weird place to ask, but it's the best place I could think of short of a new thread.

Is there any, like, collection thread for custom VC inject borders (for GB/GBC)? I'm making one for Pokemon Brown right now, and I thought I might share it, but I'm not sure if there's anywhere good for that.

Is this for the banner in HOME Menu or the GB(C) screen area in the game?

TheRaven81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
downloaded Beta 27, with goal to make CIA of Donkey Kong. Didn't get far though, because the content seems to be cut off.

sEc4aAV.png

TheRaven81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a higher DPI or text scaling?
yeah, i had windows set to show my display at 125% in the control panel. So I figured it might be that and set it down to 100%(even though 125 is recommended), and it works fine now. but I don't prefer using my PC this way so i am hoping this can be fixed in a future version because i don't want to have to switch back and forth just so I can use it.

EDIT: So now that I have it looking good, I have the same question as the fellow before me in the previous thread for this:
[Release] Ultimate GB VC Injector for 3DS
As you may have noticed, i've been turning Donkey Kong '94 for Game Boy/Super Game Boy into a VC CIA. They did an awesome job with the Super game boy feature, so much so that if you stick it in a tile ripper, like YY-CHR, you see 8 color palettes, and 6 greyscale palettes:
bJ9FumN.png

So I'm wondering what there is - even if it isn't this injector, that I could use to be able to play the game using the Super Game Boy palette set so that it gets shown in its full color glory? It'd be really nice. Maybe a Super Game Boy Rom with Donkey Kong, that you could use in a SNES inject? :unsure:

EDIT 2: I tried adding it as a GBC ROM - and I made a frame for it, but it looks funny in the preview. If I learned anything from this program, it's "What you see is what you get".
This is the image I used
w5OOIiX.png

and this is what happened:
pPZsfaQ.png

Last edited by TheRaven81,

TheRaven81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering about when the injector for the TurboGrafix 16/PC-Engine would be in and working? It's currently greyed out in the options menu and can't be done.

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Last edited by E1ite007,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still, it doesn't work properly.
Maybe Asdolo is trying to find a way to make the T16-PC Engine VC more functional, but actually it doesn't work with more than the 50% of the catalog (that's available in Emuparadise anyway).

:( That makes sense. Did you know only like a handful of (3DS) PCE VC games were ever released only in Japan? Not much to work with reverse engineering the injector container. I would hate to think of him trying to use the Wii U branch of PCE VC to mash it in the 3DS one through ARM assembly. < that is seriously awful hacking.

Well, thank goodness for bubble's TemperPCE emulator until the next NSUI release is ready. :D

Reactions: E1ite007

Reid_Dead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The NSUI doesn't work for me at all.
The app opens one time only, I change the language and the app crash all the time after that....
Windows 10, Windows 7, VMWare....
Only opens again after I format the HD :D

Someone can help and bring some light to this? :D Thanks

using beta 27
bug.png

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

tyrantnyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The NSUI doesn't work for me at all.
The app opens one time only, I change the language and the app crash all the time after that....
Windows 10, Windows 7, VMWare....
Only opens again after I format the HD :D

Someone can help and bring some light to this? :D Thanks

using beta 27
View attachment 146282

I had this same issue, I had to delete NSUI, redownload it, delete the config file before, then start it. It works fine most of the time, but occasionally still gets into a crash loop, in which case I just delete and redownload it again.

Reactions: Reid_Dead

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As much as the NSUI tool is / will be about every existing VC / Forwarder option being available to generate in one super badass tool...the official PC Engine / TG-16 VC wrapper is really poor. Whilst once upon a time it was the only way to play PC-E full speed on O3DS, the low compatibility and janky audio / video suggest that it was basically knocked up as a quick 'n dirty R-Type player - and it doesn't really do that all too well either.

xD-FireStriker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How well does this work compared to the old injectors? Should i give this a spin or should i continue to use the individual ones till this is fully released?

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How well does this work compared to the old injectors? Should i give this a spin or should i continue to use the individual ones till this is fully released?
Almost everyone works the same than the old injectors.
The only one that works better here, is the GBA Injector.
And also, the main change between this and the separate injectors, is that NSUI is more automated and user-friendly than the others.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @PandaPandel, Hey Samus