[Release] Ultimate GB VC Injector for 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Asdolo, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Beta been a long time :ninja:

E1ite007 and Asdolo like this.
  2. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    this is probably what I need to test some pokemon translations, but what mean by patches? the rom need to have any change for this to work?

3. Cralex

Cralex GBAtemp Regular

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    The patch is separate from the ROM, itself. It puts code into the game that the virtual console emulator uses to know when and how to start wireless functions to enable linking functionality.

Unfortunately, the patch file is unique for each game and can’t be generated automatically.

Sliter likes this.
  4. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    well, for pokemon games hacks, and translation should not be very diferent from the original games? well I can give a look later ...

5. Cralex

Cralex GBAtemp Regular

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    It might work, depending on how the patch is written. What you could do is get an official copy of the game your translation is based on. You could then unpack the .cia to find the patch Nintendo used or use Luma’s game patching feature to load your translation with the official title, and see if it works.

Sliter likes this.
  6. JordenNixNix

JordenNixNix GBAtemp Regular

Feb 11, 2012
    Belgium
    I having a hard time to colour in gameboy games.
    I try to inject gameboy games (Kirby's dream land 2, wario land 1 and donkey kong),
    but I want to play them in colour instead of the boring greyscale/green.

If I watch videos of those games it seems they all have already embedded gbc colours.

Gameboy Donkey kong (1994):

Wario land (1) Super mario land 3:

Kirby's Dreamland 2:

What I try to achieve is to play those game (cia injected / no homebrew forwarder) in there gbc enhanced colour profile.
    I know I can modify the VC palettes schemes but when I edit the palettes myself, the games always seems a bit off. I am bad with palette schemes.
    Is there a way to inject the game with their gbc or SGB (however I know SGB is completely different) enhanced mode activated, instead of scheme editing?

Can someone share .isp patches for those games to force the gbc enhanced mode?
    Or does anyone get some good looking scheme palettes that are very close to gbc enhanced mode?

I just want to play those games in colours (and looking good).

7. Rexen

Rexen Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2017
    United States
    Use the GBC injector. Using the GB injector runs the rom in classic Gameboy mode and not Gameboy Color