Homebrew [DISCUSSION] New Super Ultimate Injector (NSUI)

wii_go

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i wan't to know if a retroarch will be added (found a rep in my pc that have all i want in cia... shame shame shame)... sorry if already asked

Last edited by wii_go,

SnowShark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use USA (U region) roms and "NES Virtual Console method" for single player games and "NES Virtual Console (download play enabled)" for multiplayer games.

Battletoads - I have tried all 3 injection methods and all regions. Same goes for Castlevania III.
Yeah I had this issue for a min. Finally got Battletoads and Battletoads + Double Dragon to work consistently using Retroarch QuickNES with "Enable Suspend Point" disabled in Content Options.

JambonBeurreMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just a copy/paste of what I wrote on the GBA VC injector thread.

Hi Asdolo,

Just by popular demand, I was thinking about replacing the old 3D banner by a true 3D GBA model, but I have some issues to implement it. For exemple, I don't know how to properly implement the skeletal animation (rotation).

Here a sneak peek of what I have in Ohana3DS Rebirth
49v5Sds.png

Don't hesitate to contact me if you wish to give this choice for the NSUI.

Reactions: Vulpes-Vulpeos

MultiKoopa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know where to even try to fix this problem I'm having. Guess I'll start by asking here

I'm having issues with a very specific game and New Super Ultimate Injector: Mega Man Battle Network 3 (Blue and White). Specifically, it's the Wii U patched versions of those games (which added some exclusive chips, changed map tile brightness, and that's about it).

When I use NSUI to generate CIA files with them, they work just perfectly with no problems. If I use NSUI and add Sleep and Hard Reset patches, the games will run, and both Sleep and Hard Reset will work. But... the second I try to enter an in-game menu (Save, Network, Folder, or anything else), the game just soft-freezes. Music will keep playing, but I can't control the game anymore. The Hard Reset will still work, Sleep Mode combo will still work, but nothing else.

The non-Wii U patched MMBN3 games will work just fine with Sleep/Reset patches. The other games in the series have no issues of any kind like this.

So uh... Where would I even start on trying to figure this out? It's a very specific case, since there's not many GBA games with Wii U specific goodies.

What I really don't get is why a problem like this would occur with in-game menus when adding those patches, especially when none of the other games have that problem, and the non-Wii U patched MMBN3 games don't have this problem. Anybody have any ideas?

Reactions: Asdolo

Muladhara86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used the RetroArch PocketSNES method on a number of games (7th Saga, Terranigma, Super Metroid).

The first time I loaded them they worked fine. I've noticed that they seem to create a save state when I close them, so Super Metroid loaded straight to the file select screen mid-audio. 7th Saga loads into the intro cinematic, then crashes. Terranigma loaded to the second room and the screen faded to black. Controls don't work but the sound is still playing.

How do I load these games normally (not from a save state)? I'm confused as to whether or not I need to also be installing RetroArch PocketSNES, and if that might help me manage these cias I installed. I chose the cia method because I wanted all the games available from one screen, regardless of original platform.

Wacko22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have the game projects saved in your NSUI library, open them, then click Edit content options, and uncheck Enable Suspend Point. This will disable the auto save/load state function.

If you don't have the projects saved, then you can start fresh. The other way is just a bit more seamless with keeping your savedata, else you will have to go into the nsui_forwarders_data folder on your SD card and transfer things around there.

RetroArch PocketSNES can't manage the forwarders' settings, the cfg used in the forwarders is loaded from RomFS and isn't editable. If you want to change something, the basic process is change it in NSUI, re-export CIA, reinstall.

Last edited by Wacko22,

Muladhara86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, Wacko22. I just deleted all the games and created new .cias without Suspend Points. I've since been able to launch and relaunch all games without error.

I've got a new question regarding Star Ocean (SNES). My first attempt saw me using a pre-patched ROM with DeJap 1.0 (I've been using the RetroArch PocketSNES forwarder). All the graphics were jumbled and the game was unplayable. Cursory searches tell me that I need to install some sort of graphics patches, but they aren't available anywhere. I found a patch on romhacking.net to uncompress the graphics to make up for a lack of a certain chip, and I applied this to the pre-patched ROM. Now the game boots to a black screen and nothing happens.

Is this a known issue issue with a known solution?

Mrtoad883

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that nds bootstrap has really taken off and made ds games playable on 3ds off SD card, will there be a way to make an emulator/injector version for DS CIAs?

Vulpes-Vulpeos

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine

TheMooX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm loving this tool so much, it's an ease to create nice presets and then generate a lot of custom injections. I like to use the retroarch features, remaping is a huge plus. (Just keep in mind that you can't double bind, took me a while to figure it out)

I enjoy my time with it, reorganizing my rom library and creating my own titles. I've done 6 bottom screen images to use with retroarch forwarders, I was thinking that they were worth sharing, so here they are:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_diBSqH6G4aBzaditWQQFBcKxe-XGPX5

2018_06_28_00h_01m_48s.png

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm loving this tool so much, it's an ease to create nice presets and then generate a lot of custom injections. I like to use the retroarch features, remaping is a huge plus. (Just keep in mind that you can't double bind, took me a while to figure it out)

I enjoy my time with it, reorganizing my rom library and creating my own titles. I've done 6 bottom screen images to use with retroarch forwarders, I was thinking that they were worth sharing, so here they are:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_diBSqH6G4aBzaditWQQFBcKxe-XGPX5

2018_06_28_00h_01m_48s.png

Really like them!

Could I add them to NSUI? :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: because he legit gets annoyed when someone says irregardless