Homebrew (Discussion) How long were you in the 3DS hacking community for?

How long were you here for? (Be honest!)

• Total voters

VictorMoreno015

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just very curious about everyone on here. I've been stalking the community since Gateway but started at the EmuNAND era. What about you? Also wanna get a discussion going around here

D

Deleted User

Started with tubehax in late 2015,one thing led to anoughter then the 10.3-9.2 downgrade came out in January 2016 (which was a gamble at the time) and that was the leaping point to cfw for most of this community.That is why some people had a problem letting go of rxtools/emunand/menuhax setups because they just switched to cfw midway.

Last edited by ,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Since the beginning. I had a Gateway back when there was no emuNAND and you could only put one game on each MicroSD card. I even bought a second 3DS on a low firmware to be able to use it. Needless to say, I didn't have a lot of games on there, so I mostly used it as a way to try out new games.
Though I didn't get one the moment it came out. I got one once it was reasonably certain that they would be adding the ability to put multiple games on one card.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I originally started with tubehax, then with the original 10.3 to 9.2 downgrade (which at the time was a bit unsafe) I installed rxtools emunand. I installed a9lh at the advent of safea9lhinstaller making a9lh installation easier, but before ctrnand transfers when we had to manually downgrade emunand, transfer that to sysnand using otp transfer tool, then extract the otp.bin and finally use safea9lhinstaller to install a9lh.

Reactions: proflayton123

Somebody Whoisbored

it's all okeydokey
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Began watching the community when ninjhax was released. Etika's video was what got me into it. I think the first exploit I tried was tubehax, then later rxtools.

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Joined with Gateway on 9.2, then moved on RxTools and last joined A9LH army with the very first guide (I think 3ds.guide wasn't even born yet)

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May 1, 2016. The day I joined GBATemp. Was asked to by friends to look into CFW for 3DS, since they had no idea what to do or how to do it. Read up on so much information. From old to new methods.

Actually ended up getting a Gateway pretty late in it's life, simply because I love cheats and NTR cheat plugins were not really doing it for me. I also don't mind spending money on cheat tools. I mean, I imported a Cyber SAVE Editor for 3DS from Japan way back when and that was a lot more expensive than a Gateway.

Life has been kicking my butt, so I haven't had much time to help others around here, as I used to when I was newer. But I guess that's just how life is. I still browse//lurk, but I think others are a lot quicker to post messages, than I am able to.

Aerocool

Man in a Box
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was around when Gateway launched but my Mom wouldnt buy me one, lol. After a few years of pointless updating (I was bored and updated my 3DS multiple times just to access the eShop, didnt buy anything) I discovered those QR Pokemon hacks. But I was dumb and updated from 9.0/9.2 to 9.4, just to realize a few months later that I made the worst decision of my life. Then finally the 32c3 came and all the new exploits got released, this is where I started using Menuhax + rxTools.

Edit: Used TubeHax and IronHax when they came out, too. I was so hyped that I checked GBATemp and smeas twitter every hour to see if something happened.

Last edited by Aerocool,

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Around about the time of my join date <-- was when Gateway carts began shipping and I've been here ever since.

Feels good to have been apart of a console hacking scene from day one. In my younger years when money was scarce and not as free flowing as it is now, I was always the latecomer to hacking scenes due to waiting for pre-owned console prices to drop.

Reactions: Aerocool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1