Hacking [Discussion] HaxxStation: Download Play for the Wii U?

datahoarder

Organized.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by datahoarder,
Reactions: NoNAND
D

Deleted User

Relay Tools works like a server.
Server is hosted on Wii U and players can locally play it on 3DS using 3DS version of the game.
Download Play is a other thing, that's more likely Spotpass and automatic software downloads.
But, I know nothing so I'll leave it to professional such as @QuarkTheAwesome and many other devs.

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm not really sure how that DS exploit works (do you host a .nds? Is there a server? I have no idea) but I can tell you a bit about nn_dlp. There's not much on it since nobody's turned up a game that uses the library. It's also not immediately obvious how to use it based on things like function names (as a counter-example, one can easily deduce what OSForceFullRelaunch does. nn_dlp's function names aren't so descriptive). This means, short of looking it up in the SDK, it's hard to tell how to use the library since it's not self a documenting and we don't have a reference implementation. To top it all off, iirc it's C++. Nintendo's C++ libraries have never been used in homebrew to my knowledge and it's not immediately obvious how one would make it work. So yeah, it's possible from a technical standpoint, but practically it'd be a PITA.

As for MH3, it doesn't look to be using Download Play; since the software has to be already on the 3DS.
We know that the hardware is capable of doing Download Play stuff for both the DS and 3DS, it's just a case of how...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo