Gaming Is there a Wii U game that makes use of the 3DS Download Play feature?

CuriousTommy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently, nn_dlp.rpl is a library that is responsible for giving the Wii U the ability to host a 3DS Download Play session (Nothing has been documented about this library, unfortunately). Seeing that this library exists, it makes me wonder if there are any games that take advantage of this library?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Apparently, nn_dlp.rpl is a library that is responsible for giving the Wii U the ability to host a 3DS Download Play session (Nothing has been documented about this library, unfortunately). Seeing that this library exists, it makes me wonder if there are any games that take advantage of this library?
maybe smash bros does it since it lets you use the 3ds has a controller and displays the %s on the 3ds screen im guessing it uses this library.

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Have you looked into:
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Packet Relay Tools for Nintendo 3DS [0005000010133600]
> Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [0005000010118300]
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Packet Relay Tools allow you to play the Nintendo 3DS version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate with other players online via a Wii U console that is connected to the Internet using the Wii LAN Adapter or Wii U LAN Adapter (to be sold separately).

To play co-operatively over the Internet, at least one of the party of up to four players must own a copy of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Wii U, and must host the online game for the other players to join.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Packet Relay Tools can be downloaded for free from Nintendo eShop on Wii U.

- https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/...ter-3-Ultimate-Packet-Relay-Tools-736395.html

Last edited by datahoarder,

CuriousTommy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe smash bros does it since it lets you use the 3ds has a controller and displays the %s on the 3ds screen im guessing it uses this library.

Have you looked into:
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Packet Relay Tools for Nintendo 3DS [0005000010133600]
> Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [0005000010118300]

Thank you both for your suggestions; however, it sounds like those options require the user to have the needed software already loaded on the 3DS. I want to see a game for the Wii U that allows software to be downloaded from the Wii U through download play (Kind of like how Mario Kart 7 allowed other people who don't own the game to play the game in local multiplayer mode).

Plus those games may be taking advantage of nn_uds.rpl instead since that library is responsible for hosting local 3DS WLAN networks.

Last edited by CuriousTommy,

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you both for your suggestions; however, it sounds like those options require the user to have the needed software already loaded on the 3DS. I want to see a game for the Wii U that allows software to be downloaded from the Wii U through download play (Kind of like how Mario Kart 7 allowed other people who don't own the game to play the game in local multiplayer mode).

Plus those games may be taking advantage of nn_uds.rpl instead since that library is responsible for hosting local 3DS WLAN networks.

The packet relay tools are for the Wii U.
It's saying you have to install the relay tools to the Wii U, then run the Wii U game Monster Hunter Ultimate and host a server from the Wii U. After that you can just load up Monster Hunter Ultimate on your 3DS and be able to connect. This does not require additional software on the 3DS. but maybe you're looking for something different.

CuriousTommy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After that you can just load up Monster Hunter Ultimate on your 3DS and be able to connect. This does not require additional software on the 3DS.

It says on Nintendo website that I need the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate game for the 3DS. I consider that requiring additional software.

You will need:
  • A Wii U console connected to the Internet via a Wii LAN Adapter or Wii U LAN Adapter (to be purchased separately)
  • A Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 3DS XL system
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate software for Nintendo 3DS
  • The Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Packet Relay Tools, downloaded free from Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Maybe this would be a better example: Imagine that I bought a 3DS from a random store. There are no games on my 3DS and I have zero interest in buying any games physically or digitally or even going to the eshop at all (this includes demos). I have no friends to borrow 3DS game from. I also don't even want to connect my 3DS to the internet.

Now, I have a hacked Wii U with internet access. I want a Wii U game that can send a game through the 3DS Download feature.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It says on Nintendo website that I need the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate game for the 3DS. I consider that requiring additional software.

Maybe this would be a better example: Imagine that I bought a 3DS from a random store. There are no games on my 3DS and I have zero interest in buying any games physically or digitally or even going to the eshop at all (this includes demos). I have no friends to borrow 3DS game from. I also don't even want to connect my 3DS to the internet.

Now, I have a hacked Wii U with internet access. I want a Wii U game that can send a game through the 3DS Download feature.
tbh i dont think any other game i remenber even has any 3ds features.

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol