[Discussion] HaxxStation: Download Play for the Wii U?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by kornychaos, Jun 10, 2017.

1. kornychaos
    OP

kornychaos Organized.

Jul 7, 2007
    United States
    Last edited by kornychaos, Jun 10, 2017
    NoNAND likes this.
  2. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Relay Tools works like a server.
    Server is hosted on Wii U and players can locally play it on 3DS using 3DS version of the game.
    Download Play is a other thing, that's more likely Spotpass and automatic software downloads.
    But, I know nothing so I'll leave it to professional such as @QuarkTheAwesome and many other devs.

3. QuarkTheAwesome

QuarkTheAwesome Working for Hugs

Apr 19, 2015
    Australia
    Stuck in the PowerPC
    I'm not really sure how that DS exploit works (do you host a .nds? Is there a server? I have no idea) but I can tell you a bit about nn_dlp. There's not much on it since nobody's turned up a game that uses the library. It's also not immediately obvious how to use it based on things like function names (as a counter-example, one can easily deduce what OSForceFullRelaunch does. nn_dlp's function names aren't so descriptive). This means, short of looking it up in the SDK, it's hard to tell how to use the library since it's not self a documenting and we don't have a reference implementation. To top it all off, iirc it's C++. Nintendo's C++ libraries have never been used in homebrew to my knowledge and it's not immediately obvious how one would make it work. So yeah, it's possible from a technical standpoint, but practically it'd be a PITA.

As for MH3, it doesn't look to be using Download Play; since the software has to be already on the 3DS.
    We know that the hardware is capable of doing Download Play stuff for both the DS and 3DS, it's just a case of how...

CuriousTommy and kornychaos like this.
  4. Whovian NineThreeSixNine

Whovian NineThreeSixNine Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2016
    United States
    You modify a copyrighted DS Download Station 01 rom to inject Homebrew, as far as I can tell. Put that on a flashcart, boom.

Now that is IF I'm reading it correctly.

5. kornychaos
    OP

kornychaos Organized.

Jul 7, 2007
    United States
    QuarkTheAwesome likes this.