Status
Not open for further replies.

BasedHelix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use this to run ROMs from flashcard. That includes Pokémon.
Sadly, the mainstream Pokémon games don't work yet from SD card. Only Pokémon Trozei/Link and the Mystery Dungeon games work from SD card.
The backend of TWLoader which does the SD ROM loading, known as nds-bootstrap (developed by ahezard), will be worked on again soon.

The Mystery Dungeon series stutters so badly that it's literally unplayable (for me). It's smooth sometimes, but it like stutters like crazy. I can't think of anyone who's sane enough to run the game at that state. Hopefully the next version improves. Btw, I'm on a n3DS 11.3, using L2 + Clock. Still stutters.

Last edited by BasedHelix,

xJoelituh

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The Mystery Dungeon series stutters so badly that it's literally unplayable (for me). It's smooth sometimes, but it like stutters like crazy. I can't think of anyone who's sane enough to run the game at that state. Hopefully the next version improves. Btw, I'm on a n3DS 11.3, using L2 + Clock. Still stutters.
I'm pretty sure that "L2 + Clock" doesn't improve any perfomance of this because it's a different processor.

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone help me get Aperture Science to work? Lots of people have said it works fine, but I just can't get it to do anything other than hang on white screen for abut 5-10 minutes then give a guru meditation error.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me get Aperture Science to work? Lots of people have said it works fine, but I just can't get it to do anything other than hang on white screen for abut 5-10 minutes then give a guru meditation error.
Use version 0.0.3 of nds-bootstrap, which is currently the stable version for homebrew roms.
https://github.com/ahezard/nds-bootstrap/releases/download/V0.0.3/nds-bootstrap.zip
Rename the .nds file to "unofficial-bootstrap.nds" if you don't plan on using unofficial builds of nds-bootstrap.

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
Forgot to say. That version doesn't work with retail ROMs.
Not a problem, I tend to use the official one anyway, so using that as the unofficial one works great. I don't suppose it would be possible to add a third option to the bootstrap selector to choose 0.0.3 for homebrew?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a problem, I tend to use the official one anyway, so using that as the unofficial one works great. I don't suppose it would be possible to add a third option to the bootstrap selector to choose 0.0.3 for homebrew?
nds-bootstrap will eventually be fixed to improve support for homebrew ROMs again.

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
nds-bootstrap will eventually be fixed to improve support for homebrew ROMs again.
Now it just says 'No arguments passed! TWL MODE enabled' when I try and load it. I'm beginning to think I may never play this game on real hardware.

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that "L2 + Clock" doesn't improve any perfomance of this because it's a different processor.
It's the same processor but it underclocks it to either DS or DSi speeds (whatever was selected in thd settings menu) regardless of what you have set in Luma.

thalyy720

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, my twloader is locking on the white screen, ARM9 SCFG_EXT is off, but nothing has changed, do you have any recommended settings or something i should do?:nds:
sorry for my bad english:unsure:

thalyy720

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Which game are you trying to run? :)
I tried:
Super Mario 64DS
New Super Mario Bros
Mario Kart DS
Mario Party DS
Sonic Colors
Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Crash Of The Titans
Nintendo DSi Browser
Mario Clock
Mario Calculator
Flipnote Studios
Real Soccer 2009
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Mario Craft
Sega SuperStar Tennis
Kirby Canvas Curse
Kirby SuperStar Ultra
Super Scribblenauts

I have a old 3DS 11.4U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a itch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol