Status
Not open for further replies.

BasedHelix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use this to run ROMs from flashcard. That includes Pokémon.
Sadly, the mainstream Pokémon games don't work yet from SD card. Only Pokémon Trozei/Link and the Mystery Dungeon games work from SD card.
The backend of TWLoader which does the SD ROM loading, known as nds-bootstrap (developed by ahezard), will be worked on again soon.

The Mystery Dungeon series stutters so badly that it's literally unplayable (for me). It's smooth sometimes, but it like stutters like crazy. I can't think of anyone who's sane enough to run the game at that state. Hopefully the next version improves. Btw, I'm on a n3DS 11.3, using L2 + Clock. Still stutters.

Last edited by BasedHelix,

xJoelituh

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The Mystery Dungeon series stutters so badly that it's literally unplayable (for me). It's smooth sometimes, but it like stutters like crazy. I can't think of anyone who's sane enough to run the game at that state. Hopefully the next version improves. Btw, I'm on a n3DS 11.3, using L2 + Clock. Still stutters.
I'm pretty sure that "L2 + Clock" doesn't improve any perfomance of this because it's a different processor.

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone help me get Aperture Science to work? Lots of people have said it works fine, but I just can't get it to do anything other than hang on white screen for abut 5-10 minutes then give a guru meditation error.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me get Aperture Science to work? Lots of people have said it works fine, but I just can't get it to do anything other than hang on white screen for abut 5-10 minutes then give a guru meditation error.
Use version 0.0.3 of nds-bootstrap, which is currently the stable version for homebrew roms.
https://github.com/ahezard/nds-bootstrap/releases/download/V0.0.3/nds-bootstrap.zip
Rename the .nds file to "unofficial-bootstrap.nds" if you don't plan on using unofficial builds of nds-bootstrap.

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
Forgot to say. That version doesn't work with retail ROMs.
Not a problem, I tend to use the official one anyway, so using that as the unofficial one works great. I don't suppose it would be possible to add a third option to the bootstrap selector to choose 0.0.3 for homebrew?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a problem, I tend to use the official one anyway, so using that as the unofficial one works great. I don't suppose it would be possible to add a third option to the bootstrap selector to choose 0.0.3 for homebrew?
nds-bootstrap will eventually be fixed to improve support for homebrew ROMs again.

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
nds-bootstrap will eventually be fixed to improve support for homebrew ROMs again.
Now it just says 'No arguments passed! TWL MODE enabled' when I try and load it. I'm beginning to think I may never play this game on real hardware.

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that "L2 + Clock" doesn't improve any perfomance of this because it's a different processor.
It's the same processor but it underclocks it to either DS or DSi speeds (whatever was selected in thd settings menu) regardless of what you have set in Luma.

thalyy720

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, my twloader is locking on the white screen, ARM9 SCFG_EXT is off, but nothing has changed, do you have any recommended settings or something i should do?:nds:
sorry for my bad english:unsure:

thalyy720

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Which game are you trying to run? :)
I tried:
Super Mario 64DS
New Super Mario Bros
Mario Kart DS
Mario Party DS
Sonic Colors
Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Crash Of The Titans
Nintendo DSi Browser
Mario Clock
Mario Calculator
Flipnote Studios
Real Soccer 2009
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Mario Craft
Sega SuperStar Tennis
Kirby Canvas Curse
Kirby SuperStar Ultra
Super Scribblenauts

I have a old 3DS 11.4U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Shouldn't preservation be legal tho?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.
    +1
    Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku story.
    +1
    I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade machines are old and busted very few ever saw any sort of home conversion
    We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, There's a lot of obscure Japanese arcade titles that are either lost to time or dumped.
    +1
    It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol
    I mean if a company could use AI to do the work of a home conversion for essentially free why not? The rights for some games are completely lost though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, AI is taking our jobs!
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol