OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PROBLEM SOLVED, READ MY LAST POST

I bought Motion Plus today and immediately tried to get Wii Sports Resort working.

I burned at 4x, 2.4x and 4x (three different times, two different burners/PCs) on good quality Verbatim DVD-R.

All three burns give me the following error:

"The Disc could not be read.
Please refer to the Wii
Operations Manual for details"

I have been trying all day to resolve this issue. I'm on a PAL Wii, currently at 3.2E.

I'm not sure what IOS files I've installed, but I have done quite a few.

I am launching through NeoGamma with the alternate DOL file and the 002 error skip.

On NeoGamma at the bottom it says:
NeoGamma R6, IOS249, Rev13

Any help? Please? Been at this all day with no luck whatsoever. Can I perform the update on the disc with no loss? I want to continue playing all of my backups and homebrew and so on. Going through Backup Loader 0.3 I can see the Wii Sports Resort logo but launching the game gives an 002 error. Going through normally offers an update which I have been told to avoid.

Picture:
dsc00373g.jpg

StealthSoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Getting ridiculous. Followed lots of guides to get stuff installed, tried so much. Installed more IOS files, now updated to 4.0 as well, still can't play the damn game. Same error.

Been trying this for AGES. Any suggestions at all?

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
MicShadow said:
Different media. Verbatim sucks ass in my experience.
Hmm, Verbatim is about the most recommended brand to burn Wii images on. I don't know if it's really he best, but I'm playing WSR on one now, so t shouldn't be the problem. Especially when other games do work with Verbatim for him...

@ts: Are you blocking the updates? Some games that come with updates actually require parts of it. I guess this is one of them...
I just did the update from the disc and the game works fine. I would not recommend doing so though if you're playing SSBB on a single layer disc, it updates to 3.4E which disables that from working... Dunno a solution for that one yet...

StealthSoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm nearly 100% sure it's not the media, maybe just an error with my updates and IOS files and whatnot.

After updating to 4.0 I was going to go and do the WSR update but my system got corrupted. I performed a NAND load thing so now I'm back at 3.2E. On 3.2E, I performed the Wii Sports Resort update and the game has yet again presented me with the same disc error (with all 3 discs). Updating also pushed me to 3.4E, which I guess isn't a problem as I have SSBB on a dual layer disc and I don't really play it anymore anyway.

Any ideas? Shall I go up to 4.0 again THEN update from the disc?

Thanks for the replies so far
smile.gif

Is there a way I can start from scratch, uninstalling all IOS files and so on so I can follow a guide and start over?

Picture:
dsc00373g.jpg

vallandil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Having same problem but there are solutions...

Fix the iso...

Wiiscrubber and generic wii patcher V1.2

Extract the main.dol from partition DATA

Open with Generic Wii patcher and click the FIX 002 ERROR.

Add the .dol to the iso again DONE....

Install a new backuploader with the 002 fix.

NEOGAMMAR6HBC
Backuploader 002F

Posts merged

P.s

Verbatim DVD-R are the BEST.
Burn on 2x ( 2.4 not supported by disc)..

For best result wait the hour and burn 1x1.

StealthSoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I fixed my problem..
It turns out it was a media issue, which is surprising as I was using good quality Verbatim DVD-R discs, and tried it four times.
I went on to use some crappy ASDA brand DVD+R discs I had lying around, burned at 4x using ImgBurn and the game worked immediately.

I completed the update on the disc and I was pushed to 3.4E, and since I have a hardmodded Wiinja Deluxe I didn't need to use NeoGamma to skip the video - the video played fine when I went through the game using the Wii system menu.

Just thought I'd post this for anyone experiencing similar issues.

stevey034

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the help but i am trying with a disc and i used wiiscrubber and neogamma r6. I turned on alt dol after putting the file in my sd card and i also said yes to the 002 fix. I then loaded the dvd but it went straight to a movie menu with 5 movies on connect the motion plus and the nunchuk. You had a choice on which movies you could watch. I then clicked an option that said return to game and got a 002 error. I was using a motion plus mote but i didnt have the nunchuk connected. Does it have to be? Can someone please help me solve the problem. Thanks.

ankushkatari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having the same issue for so many times... i just gave up. Today i burned the game to a different media (used Sony DVD-R, didnt have Verbatims), I was originally using TDK. I first used the Alt-Dol feature on the disc selecting "player.dol" and then ran the game (after reboot) and it worked.
Using NeoGamma r7 with IOS38 and cIOS rev 14 and 3.2U with 002 fix and no IOS 53,54 etc. Hope this helps people.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!