Hacking Disc Channel stopped working?

Col70

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone help out here. Loaded up a disc today and got the banner appear ok with the game image. Clicked it and the Wii started its usual disc cycle, screen flickered as usual then nothing...

Tried the above using both an original and bup and got the same result. Even tried booting with the 'Y' on the GC and got the usual 3.2(E) in the corner and then once again nothing!?

Anyone help please????

Col70

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
superrob said:
First the Recovery mode will only boot autoboot discs... and the discs youre trying.. did they ALL work 100% before?

Yep they all worked up until about a week ago and I havent changed anything at all. The weird thing is that its originals thats affected as well. If the laser was broken, it wouldn't display the banner in the disc channel would it?

Col70

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Even more weird - have been tryimg other stuff and Game Cube bups seem to work fine through the disc channel and all discs work through backup loader????? Then to make it even more weird the only game that works through the disc channel straight up is a BUP of House Of The Dead 2&3 pateched to 249..!!>!>!> WTF?????

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
Col70 said:
One of you wonderful chaps must have some kind of idea about this?

I assume you have CIOSCORP installed by the sounds of it?
What firmware are you on 3.2e?. Did you install any CIOS lately like rev9 or 10? As I think there is a known issue with CIOSCORP.
Can you give rundown on your specs and any hacks you have like preloader and stuff

Looks like that as if your backups work though backup channel your lens is fine.
Gamecube games work on different basis to Wii discs, so it does look like you have installed some IOS lately or you have not selected the correct IOS for running backups via your disc channel. If you have Preloader check what IOS you are running.

I am on 3.2e running IOS30 for running my backups via disc channel.
I have cioscorp installed, cios rev10 for USB loader. I use USB Loader for running most my games. Only a few like Mortal Kombat don't run on USB so I play these via my disc channel and works 100%.

Col70

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spec:
3.2e
Preloader O.29 (using IOS30)
Cioscorp v2
Cios rev9

As I say the odd thing is that its worked fine but since I've been using USB its been untouched. The backup loader will start both originals and bups and the GC loader starts when I boot a GC bup from disc channel.

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
Col70 said:
Spec:
3.2e
Preloader O.29 (using IOS30)
Cioscorp v2
Cios rev9

As I say the odd thing is that its worked fine but since I've been using USB its been untouched. The backup loader will start both originals and bups and the GC loader starts when I boot a GC bup from disc channel.

Has the disc channel worked lately. Have you tried it since installing USB Loader and rev9?.
Or Since installing Cioscorpv2?. As I remember you to need to run the MIOS patcher to run via disc channel after installing Cioscorp.

You must of stuck on Cioscorp v2 and preloader 0.29 lately did disc channel work since putting these on.
I have a older version of cioscorp and preloader 0.28 and they works fine. But I do know that cioscorpv2 running games from backup channel and rev9 or 10 have problems but I do belive it is supposed to be corrected in rev11.

Col70

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Fixed!

For some reason Force Region was enabled in Preloader - disabled it and voila!

Thanks for your input Jarock - appreciated your help!

Finally can someone explain (to someone like me who is clearly a d*ckhead) what the diagnostick disc check enable/disable and IOS reloading options in system hacks on preloader are/what they do?

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
Col70 said:
Fixed!

For some reason Force Region was enabled in Preloader - disabled it and voila!

Thanks for your input Jarock - appreciated your help!

Finally can someone explain (to someone like me who is clearly a d*ckhead) what the diagnostick disc check enable/disable and IOS reloading options in system hacks on preloader are/what they do?

No probs good to see you got it working. So many hacks and IOS's hard to tell whats causing the problems.
Anyway here you go.

diagnostick disc check will let you boot retail discs from the recovery menu when Y is pressed on gamecube controller

IOS reloading forces disc channel to load everything with cIOS249 a modified IOS36 don't think it works with cIOSCORP tho or games which requires ios37 like Rockband 2 .

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 4.0 having almost the same problem,

4.0U
Cioscorp v2
preloader 0.29
bootmii beta 1
ios36_rev9

I upgraded from 3.2u to 4.0U for the SD features, and installed cioscorp, then the patched ios60, then preloader again, now about 40% of my backups wont boot through disc channel...i tried reinstalling cioscorp..samr problem...tried setting preloader to boot the system menu from ios30 and tried ios36 instead of ios60...still the same problem!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.