Hacking Disc channel loading w/out modchip?

SYN_ZEN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the only way to load a backup from the disc channel by installing cioscorp? I have a friend who wants to load via the disc channel instead of using the HBC but I've been reading that cioscorp is a little risky. Does the system menu matter either? They are on system menu 4.0 with cios rev 10 installed.

I also read about softmii. Is that less risky than cioscorp or is it the same thing?

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
softmii is the same thing its just a guide on how to do it.Im a noob and i didnt have that much of a problem with it,just make sure you have bootmii and preloader

WaRMarinE

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You can get MiiWii, is an alternate pack for loading discs from Disc Channel and installing hacks.

MiiWii comes with the latest cioscorp and different hacks and things than SoftMii.

SYN_ZEN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lemme see if I have this straight: so installing both preloader and bootmii on 4.0 and then installing cioscorp via softmii won't mess up anything?

Thanks for the replies so far, I've been modding systems for a while now but this whole cioscorp thing has thrown up a red flag, and I only seem to find conflicting opinions on the usage of this hack...

I use a Wiikey but my friend prefers not to use a chip but he wants his backups to boot from the disc channel as if they were normal. He's not to keen on using either the USB loader or the backup loader Gamma (which is what he's using as of now).

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Can't Preloader be configured to run the system menu off of IOS249 and get disc channel loading that way?

yep sure can, and if you also use IOS-Reload i think you can load most games that way though the disc channel un sure how well it works on newer game like rock band but most games should work

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you don't replace every IOS with a cIOS(cioscorp), it's possible to hack the system menu to identify games with IOS249 and also use IOS249 to start them. If you would understand how things work, you would know by this why the IOS Reloading games would only work in this if they were patched to use IOS249.

PS: IOS Reloading games with 002 error(if there are any) would show 002 error for this when launched from the disc channel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.