Hacking Dios Mios Question. (Searched google and the forums before posting)

Evan_212

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

I have used ModMii to fully update my Wii to current settings using the automated program.

I installed Dios Mios 2.2 (I believe) - If there is a huge updated one please post link!!!!

I then installed cfg loader (outdated I am sure) then updated it through the program update option using NUS I assume>?

Now the problem ... I am using a NTSC formatted 2tb hd , 1500gb partition to NTSC, and a 500gb partition set to active primary.

I boot my Wii games fine, but when I try and load the gamecube game I have ... it says installing..... seems how I did not install DMlite ... is this normal?? and wtf is it doing installing if it's already on my HDD in game/weird shit name/game.iso???

Also a side note I am completely stumped about .... they tell me to go into settings and change DML to DM.... but in the latest updated version .. it seems like it's stuck in DML trying to install to SD?

..... AND!! ... there is no option to switch DML to DM .... so I am so stumped

I read I need a modded version of the loader and someone told me cfgmod rev72+ but I cant find anything higher than cfgmod rev 65 i think...

HALP ME????

thanks for your knowledge in advance!!!!

EDIT:
Found r35 to have the DML options to switch to 1.2/DM etc.

Need help cause it seems maybe I am missing something in the IOS area... do i need to install something ModMii did not? - thanks!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you installed DIOS MIOS, your games MUST be on your USB.
if you installed DIOS MIOS Lite, your games MUST be on your SD.

If you try to launch a game on the wrong device, some loaders automatically install the correct loader (DM or DML) in order to launch the game.
If you have games on SD but you installed DIOS MIOS, it will install DIOS MIOS Lite !

Some loaders don't install the GameCube loader for you, you need to do it manually to match the device you want to use.

DIOS MIOS/ DIOS MIOS Lite latest version if v2.10
http://code.google.com/p/diosmios/wiki/Downloads?tm=2

Evan_212

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If using Dios Mios - your primary partition must be FAT32, above you hint at it being NTSC.

I have manually installed DM 2.2

I have a ntsc partition/fat32 32kb clusters partition 2tb hdd ... this drive reads fine with wii games as primary active on the fat32 side of it.

It seems to me I need to do more testing myself before posting anything else I will search a little more like cyan says and then post a complete detailed reply/bump to this topic if I am still stumped

Details for you:

2tb HDD External Left side ntsc // right side fat32 32kb clusters (primary/active) - Loads wii superb.

GC boots to black screen no DM splash and freezes there.

Used ModMii to re update my Wii and once I was done installed cfg for DM and DM 2.2 (not lite) ...

hopefully thats enough details for now for you to notice something to help.. otherwise I will do more research on my own before bumping this again.

EDIT:
I also believe the cfg loder is something like rev35? for DML/DM options. FYI

I will re-organized my 2tb which will take some time and just redo the whole thing to fat 32 primary i guess then retry

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you have two partitions on your drive, the FIRST one need to be FAT32, not NTFS (and not NTSC which is a video signal).
DIOS MIOS always mount the first primary partition of the drive. if it's not FAT32 then it doesn't work.

Evan_212

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have two partitions on your drive, the FIRST one need to be FAT32, not NTFS (and not NTSC which is a video signal).
DIOS MIOS always mount the first primary partition of the drive. if it's not FAT32 then it doesn't work.

I have seen on multiple posts that you have tried to help various new users with problems and are consistent.

I thank you for all your advice and help on this topic and others.

I will be formatting the HDD soon as you said, but 2TB will take me some time to organize and re-partition properly, to me it seems you are right because the first time i booted windwaker it tried to install it to my SD by itself, so maybe it was seeing NTSC and trying to use DML?

As I've said tho, I will take proper care in re-allocating the Ex. HDD as I need and post if it solved my problem when it's all fixed.

Thanks again!!!

chevycss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to use dios mios and play gc games via hdd. How can i create a .iso image file that is boot-able with the dmt tool or disckex tool. If the file is downloaded as a .iso image file already I have no problem, however, when they come as a .rar file and i have to extract the files and create a iso image file I run into problems with the tools.When I try to run the .iso I created through the dios mios tool it says unknown ISO format.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
when you extract the rar(s), you obtain a .iso ?
This .iso file should be compatible unless it has been altered/compressed (some data were removed to take even less space).
An untouch/uncompressed .iso file is 1.35GB
If the iso doesn't work, or DMToolbox doesn't recognize the game, it could be a bad dump.

.iso works fine, as long as you rename it correctly "game.iso" (g+a+m+e, not the game's title).
you can also use DMtoolbox to modify this .iso :
- Raw : only rename the .iso and place it in the correct folder's name on your SD or USB. additionnaly you can select :
- compress : removes unused data in the file to reduce it's size, you can then store more games on your device.
- Extract : Extracts all usable files and folders from the game in a folder on your SD or USB device.

ISO and Extracted format is compatible with DIOS MIOS (Lite), but not with Devolution. So it's up to you to choose the format you prefer. Personally, I'm using only Clean 1:1 untouched ISO.

You can also create your own .iso from your own Retail Disc.
Use an USBLoader or CleanRip to dump your game to .iso format.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: