Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Well some news that some of u might and might not know. Although Crediar has gotten some bits of coding in for DM, a release in the "near" future is unlikely. He's no longer working on Wii/U projects as he is away from his setup, so testing DM is of course out of the question. Not saying it won't be released just sayin don't get your hopes up for something next week lol.

In other news TerraCraft is looking dope as f**k. Good day ;)

EDIT: In the meantime I hope we continue to see updates for the mod from airline38, Always makes me happy to see those. And remember that you can always use 2.4 for prog/padhook combo and 2.6 when it comes time to switch those 2 disk games. So we can still get the best of both worlds.

Just make sure to uninstall the WAD with a WAD manager first then install the new WAD. A minor inconvenience to enjoy AP free GC backups.

Happy Gaming.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I had already promised to include the source code (patches.c is the
only file I changed) along with the next mod version.
(if there will be a new one)
http://gbatemp.net/threads/dios-mios-lite.329342/page-194#post-4547275

Just curious if there is no need to include the source for "beta/test" version ?
I did several times to release "beta/test" version of CFG USB Loader (mod)
before and never asked to include source code until the "official" version
is released.

I don't agree with the way without informing me in advance.

===========
@MassiveRican ,@sdoc96, thanks for your encouragement. Just PM me
if you would like to try another beta version.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just curious if there is no need to include the source for "beta/test" version ?
I did several times to release "beta/test" version of CFG USB Loader (mod)
before and never asked to include source code until the "official" version
is released.
the gpl does not distinguish between beta/final/whatever

it says you either need to include the complete source or a written offer to provide it upon request (afaict thats what he meant with contact info)
most people use a variation of the second option: host a second source archive beside the binary and mention that fact in the readme.

formally only providing a patch or the changed files wouldn't be enough
but personnally I would not complain in cases of betas and the like

the cfg betas were bad too, but with the smaller audience for betas aparently no one noticed

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
Just make sure to uninstall the WAD with a WAD manager first then install the new WAD. A minor inconvenience to enjoy AP free GC backups.

I've always heard to simply write over rather than uninstall (and uninstall to what, an empty channel temporarily?). Why do you suggest that way instead of installing over?

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
I've always heard to simply write over rather than uninstall (and uninstall to what, an empty channel temporarily?). Why do you suggest that way instead of installing over?
Let's say you installed DM 2.2 a long time ago. In any WAD Manager it gives you the option to uninstall that same WAD. So you would choose to uninstall the DM 2.2 WAD. It cleans out everything that the WAD install properly.

I recommend doing it that way because sometimes (not every time) during the overwriting process, even though it will say successful install, certain tickets are not overwritten properly.

I don't know why and I don't know the details, but when people were getting green/black screens during GC launching, uninstalling the old WAD first then reinstalling it would fix the issue. So I err on the safe side so I don't waste time.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Finally got some time to test GC games again, I tried several games including Mario Kart DD and Billy Hatcher, Mario kart and the other games worked fine no issues but Billy Hatcher does indeed crash, it starts fine until you start a level and during the level it crashes on its own, tried it with both GX and DML Booter, once with DM 2.6 and once with Mod 2, I can confirm it worked fine on DM 2.5 because I remember re-playing the entire game before not long ago, anybody knows why this happens?

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's say you installed DM 2.2 a long time ago. In any WAD Manager it gives you the option to uninstall that same WAD. So you would choose to uninstall the DM 2.2 WAD. It cleans out everything that the WAD install properly.

I recommend doing it that way because sometimes (not every time) during the overwriting process, even though it will say successful install, certain tickets are not overwritten properly.

I don't know why and I don't know the details, but when people were getting green/black screens during GC launching, uninstalling the old WAD first then reinstalling it would fix the issue. So I err on the safe side so I don't waste time.

Just out of curoiusity, think maybe you could look into getting a game that only works with DML to work with DM?
A good example is with Tony Hawk's American Wasteland. Works great with DML not at all with DM.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Just out of curoiusity, think maybe you could look into getting a game that only works with DML to work with DM?
A good example is with Tony Hawk's American Wasteland. Works great with DML not at all with DM.
I don't do any coding, I just test. So no I couldn't do anything like that. That question should be re-directed @airline38. I don't know if he's capable of doing something like that or not.

I'll check to see if it works with my setup of DM.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
So I got the fix for Billy Hatcher by airline38 a couple of days ago but he won't post it on the forums, if you're having trouble with the game you can ask him for the link "or PM me" but if you use USB Loader GX the Pad Hook won't work for some reason, it works fine with DML Booter though!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't agree with the way without informing me in advance.
You were informed in advanced (it's called reading the GPL license)
Then, I asked nicely if you could provide the sources of the files you linked, I thought it was a nice hint to tell you that you needed to provide them.

You didn't provide the sources: fine, you are authorized to not provide them with the file you link, but you need to provide them to anyone asking. (to be even more right, you needed to include an information to contact you if someone wanted them)
I asked but you didn't want to provide them, breaking the GPL clause.

Now you take it the wrong way and decide to post it only elsewhere or in private only because you don't want to provide the sources.
it's a very nice spirit you have there.

kp_centi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tried using DIOS MIOS again. I use WiiFlow to boot my games. When I try to boot games using DIOS MIOS it makes it go to 480p which does not make sense at all because my Wii is set to 480i. I used my capture card to see what happens during the time I can't see my TV, it shows the DIOS MIOS splash then just goes black. I've used it before and never gave me problems, I'm not sure why this happened now.

EDIT: Okay loading games using the Disc Channels some how just worked. It's weird that to show the DIOS MIOS splash it's in 480p.

EDIT2: I tried reinstalling DIOS MIOS and reverting back and such. It does not work at all, I even tried the DIOS MIOS Booster. Can anyone help me out?

xTimmy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Trying to load PSO 1&2 plus on Dios Mios 2.6 with USBloader GX 1207, The game loads, but stops at "An Error Has Occured" screen. any advice? any other loader says to update loader, and all my loaders are updated to most recent one. Wiiflow, CFG, USB GX, etc... ive been fighting with this game for several days now...

EDIT: padhook off, nmm off, no disk off, led on, these are my settings. devolution wont work as it wont read my retail disk (too scratched up) i do have a good backup though i can play it in dolphin.

player594

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I didn't see it on either of the compatability list, I thought I would report on a game.
Spyro: A New Begining has graphics errors if you enable NMM in any of the loaders and with versions 1.5 and 1.6 of DM. Makes it unplayable.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
^ I believe you mean 2.5 and 2.6 because as far as I know there is no 1.6 version of DML, anyway I have the game working fine with a memory card so I never noticed the issue in NMM!

@ddetkowski Actually hun, DM can't run the 'Plus' version of PSO as far as I know, only the regular "hacked" PSO and the only loader that works as far as I can tell is DML Booter!

xTimmy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
@ddetkowski I havent been on this forum for a longggggggg time... theres been many changes and i cant find a "PM" button, please excuse my ignorance.
@sonictopfan do you know if save games from the "plus" version will work on the "hacked" version? i wanna load up my old hunter, i havent played this game since like 05 or 06, and i found my old memory card and would like to play my old save without starting over... if i remember correctly, i had just obtained one of the two scythes and already had a bunch of rare armor and items....

i know the "plus" version contains all the online quests available offline. which makes me wonder if i can use my old save :/

edit:I have a dump of the regular game now as well, and Dios Mios is telling me Apploader size isnt correct now. if i extract these files with Gcreex is there anyway for me to edit my dol file and add in the plus quests? also, this "hacked" version you speak of, what is the difference? does it connect to schthack servers with the BB adapter?

so many questions... so little time. If anyone has any advice or answers for me, PM me please.

btw, i found the PM button, so ignore that comment....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi