Hacking DIOS-MIOS Lite proof of concept release!

king666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a Micro SD Kingston 2GB with your Adapter and in Disk Administrator on the PC i can't mark it as active with no program any solution?
th_115481364_icon_rolleyes_122_583lo.gif

Greetings.

hellboy2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PabloACZ said:
Who in here has a working setup using BootMii IOS? For me, it works perfectly using BootMii as Boot2, but it doesn't if I use SNEEK + DML the other way around (I get the same problems described here by carlitos92jose).

zelda wind waker and others games like mario sunshine, are not working for people who have bootmii as ios.
but if you have bootmii as boot2 those games are working.

i already tried DML with bootmii as ios = not working those games
but DML same emunand=same SD and SAME setup+boot2 = working games

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
hellboy2010 said:
PabloACZ said:
Who in here has a working setup using BootMii IOS? For me, it works perfectly using BootMii as Boot2, but it doesn't if I use SNEEK + DML the other way around (I get the same problems described here by carlitos92jose).

zelda wind waker and others games like mario sunshine, are not working for people who have bootmii as ios.
but if you have bootmii as boot2 those games are working.

i already tried DML with bootmii as ios = not working those games
but DML same emunand=same SD and SAME setup+boot2 = working games

Yes, I know. That's exactly the reason of why I'm asking about that in here, because a lot of people in my forum have the same problem. Unfortunately, most of them have BootMii as IOS.

Personally, I have both BootMii installations present, so I got no problems. As I said before, I even beated SMS with DML, and I'm waiting for my 64MB Memory Card to arrive.

RODAuOM599

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
From what I've read, it's impossible to format a FAT32 SD in a 64kb cluster size. And even in the SNEEK + DI tutorial in here, it says that you have to format the SD in 32kb cluster size.

BTW, i'm using bootmii as an IOS and the problems i've found so far is some audio bugs. And no, I haven't tried Super Mario Sunshine nor windwaker 'cuz i have them original and it seem a little pointless for me to download them.

Be that as it may, the games i've tried so far are just 4. I'm using a new GC shrink tool, it's called GCMUtility. So... That's all folks
biggrin.gif

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
RODAuOM599 said:
From what I've read, it's impossible to format a FAT32 SD in a 64kb cluster size. And even in the SNEEK + DI tutorial in here, it says that you have to format the SD in 32kb cluster size.

BTW, i'm using bootmii as an IOS and the problems i've found so far is some audio bugs. And no, I haven't tried Super Mario Sunshine nor windwaker 'cuz i have them original and it seem a little pointless for me to download them.

Be that as it may, the games i've tried so far are just 4. I'm using a new GC shrink tool, it's called GCMUtility. So... That's all folks
biggrin.gif

1. Just use FAT16 with 64KB clusters if your SD card is less than 8GB. Works fine with my 2GB Nokia and SanDisk SD Cards.

2. You can always dump them by yourself using CleanRip or the disc dumping utility from the DI Menu.

3. That's and old program, so it's very possible that it doesn't properly handle/preserve file alignments. It's way better to just use DiscEx with the -c option, imho.

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
PabloACZ said:
RODAuOM599 said:

biggrin.gif

1. Just use FAT16 with 64KB clusters if your SD card is less than 8GB. Works fine with my 2GB Nokia and SanDisk SD Cards.

2. You can always dump them by yourself using CleanRip or the disc dumping utility from the DI Menu.

3. That's and old program, so it's very possible that it doesn't properly handle/preserve file alignments. It's way better to just use DiscEx with the -c option, imho.

thats why the games dont work!!!!!!

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
paced98 said:
I feel fine that it is real and it has a couple of bugs, but it's still a working progress
nope, this is the only release of DML lite, so if it doesn't work, it just doesn't work. crediar dropped all his work. unless he realeses the code, so a nother great coder can work on it. everyone is SOL.
thats why it's still easier just to go to the swap meet, flea market. an spend 5$ or less on a gc game. an play that.
blink.gif
i had DML on my system for a week, an got rid of it. although the "leaked DML" worked a little better then this. but still, still cheaper just to buy the gc cd's.
closedeyes.gif

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
shortz1994 said:
paced98 said:
I feel fine that it is real and it has a couple of bugs, but it's still a working progress
nope, this is the only release of DML lite, so if it doesn't work, it just doesn't work. crediar dropped all his work. unless he realeses the code, so a nother great coder can work on it. everyone is SOL.
thats why it's still easier just to go to the swap meet, flea market. an spend 5$ or less on a gc game. an play that.
blink.gif
i had DML on my system for a week, an got rid of it. although the "leaked DML" worked a little better then this. but still, still cheaper just to buy the gc cd's.
closedeyes.gif

True, original games are always better(at least in this case) referring to the leaked DML´s better compatibility, this had kinda timebomb built in, no?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
G0dLiKe said:
shortz1994 said:
paced98 said:
blink.gif
closedeyes.gif

True, original games are always better(at least in this case) referring to the leaked DML´s better compatibility, this had kinda timebomb built in, no?
yep but the good part about the "leak".. you can keep adding it to reset the run time bomb, so when it stops, just redo the app. an play on. (yes i have done it, three times.) but as it has been said. unless crediar releases the source. this is what we get as far as a sd gc loader.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shortz1994 said:
yep but the good part about the "leak".. you can keep adding it to reset the run time bomb, so when it stops, just redo the app. an play on. (yes i have done it, three times.) but as it has been said. unless crediar releases the source. this is what we get as far as a sd gc loader.

shortz1994 - Since you have both the leak and the final version, are there any improvements with the final version, or is the compatibility about the same?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xfcrowman said:
shortz1994 said:

shortz1994 - Since you have both the leak and the final version, are there any improvements with the final version, or is the compatibility about the same?
they are close to the same as far as i can tell, the "leak" looks to be the last tester before the actual release. just has the play clock in it. the audio streaming is a little better. but not by much. just depends on the games you play with it.( reminds me of the early release of wii64) it doesn't do well with dual layer disk. just as this one does (DML). an yes you should have boot2 an not boot ios. thats why it would be nice if crediar would release the codes, so it could be worked on. or if there is someone who could "reverse" engineer this. just as they did to giantpune before they smacked him in the face. this is why i stopped using these apps, just cheaper to buy the gc disk as low as they are. an play them..

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
I actually think this PoC is better in some games than in others. I remember I saw shading glitches in MK:DD!!, and now they're gone. Heck, even the music didn't play sometimes, and now I've yet to find audio problems.

In any case, I think I'll buy a SD Gecko.

carlitos92jose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PabloACZ said:
I actually think this PoC is better in some games than in others. I remember I saw shading glitches in MK:DD!!, and now they're gone. Heck, even the music didn't play sometimes, and now I've yet to find audio problems.

In any case, I think I'll buy a SD Gecko.
me to, i found a sd gecko on dealxtreme for 3.40$
smile.gif
I hope that zelda and mario sunshine works with swiss
smile.gif

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
G0dLiKe said:
Seeing all the problems ppl with Bootmii IOS having with DML, I´m uberhappy to have it @boot2

^ This.

But really, I would like to know why DML has all those problems when SNEEK is loaded through BootMii IOS. Shouldn't it be the same? Crediar's answer on Twitter was a bit too... short.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all the reasons to have the source. i know if it was an average person, who made this app, everyone would be pissed, anthe person would be called every name in the book. because the source wasn't released. but because this is crediar. it's ok.. (beeing very sarcastic).

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
PabloACZ said:
G0dLiKe said:
Seeing all the problems ppl with Bootmii IOS having with DML, I´m uberhappy to have it @boot2

^ This.

But really, I would like to know why DML has all those problems when SNEEK is loaded through BootMii IOS. Shouldn't it be the same? Crediar's answer on Twitter was a bit too... short.

i believe it has to do with bootmii boot2 being a directlink to the ARM( stuff ), while bootmii IOS first has to call IOS to CALL ARM( stuff )Stuff = GC Mode

anyway thats what i am getting from the 2 different bootmii installs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/GVs1tc_vq0g?si=iEFwQrZgTr004u5g