CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Translating without a team takes even longer (refering to my new blog post)

Hey man like I said, if you ever need some general translation done or tech issues work out (I can't do heavy programming but I can do a lil) I'm always just a PM away. Granted Danball will take priority, Digimon will always be up there.

Seph54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man like I said, if you ever need some general translation done or tech issues work out (I can't do heavy programming but I can do a lil) I'm always just a PM away. Granted Danball will take priority, Digimon will always be up there.

its pointless to ask i dont even think Romsstar working on this anymore i PM'd twice offering help and never replied so my conclusion this project is on hiatus

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
its pointless to ask i dont even think Romsstar working on this anymore i PM'd twice offering help and never replied so my conclusion this project is on hiatus

It's not. But what is left for translating demands high skills and also profound digimon knowledge. It is only dialogue and story. And you need to know a lot about Digimon for that. And the grammar constructions are colloquial and mixing keigo in between.

I'm sorry I never got back to you, but this wasn't due to me not working on this anymore, but because I was busy finishing my thesis.
If you don't have a team anymore and have to make sure university still won't kick you out, it can be tough you know...

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's pointless to ask I don't even think Romsstar "IS" working on this anymore
For someone who wants to translate from Japanese to English, you sure do know a lot about the English language.
The least someone can do when he wants to apply in a translation team, especially textual things like that, is to be good at it.

Reactions: Black-Ice

SolomonGodsSoldi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! It's been a few months since I've looked at the thread and let me say bravo! Just to see how much has been done in such a short time is simply amazing! Especially working on your thesis also, you've all made great strides in 4 short months! Keep it up everyone!! I know there must have been times where you all have wanted to give up and quit but thank you for not doing so. Let's go Digimon Team! :toot: Tamer Nation! :yaypsp: You guys rock!! :yay:

Pseudosaur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for everything you guys are doing, keep up the good work!
I don't know any Japanese, but I definitely have profound digimon knowledge. If for some reason there's info you can't find online, I'm your man.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
is the translating still on going?
Take 2 minutes and clear your head. Then read the Romsstar's post which you quoted. Now, tell me. Did he say anything at all about NOT translating? Cmon. =___=

Rule of thumb. Unless

a) the team officially announces that they are not going to continue translating

OR

b) there has been no updates of progress from the team in 20 years

OR

c) they have finished translating

assume that the team is still in progress and have not dropped the project, ie They are still on it.

Rogue132

Trophies
XP
Country
Take 2 minutes and clear your head. Then read the Romsstar's post which you quoted. Now, tell me. Did he say anything at all about NOT translating? Cmon. =___=

Rule of thumb. Unless

a) the team officially announces that they are not going to continue translating

OR

b) there has been no updates of progress from the team in 20 years

OR

c) they have finished translating

assume that the team is still in progress and have not dropped the project, ie They are still on it.
:glare: considering i just signed up like 1hr ago didnt go through all the comments yet

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Then you should. I do realise there are 25 pages. So take your time And since you did quote Romsstar's post, by just reading that it should have given you the idea that it is still ongoing as the post was made within a week ago. Whether or not you are new is irrelevant. :glare:

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Also, there's already a lot of screenshots, new one won't really matter but I guess you could be happy about it ^^

Seph54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not. But what is left for translating demands high skills and also profound digimon knowledge. It is only dialogue and story. And you need to know a lot about Digimon for that. And the grammar constructions are colloquial and mixing keigo in between.

I'm sorry I never got back to you, but this wasn't due to me not working on this anymore, but because I was busy finishing my thesis.
If you don't have a team anymore and have to make sure university still won't kick you out, it can be tough you know...

yeah i understand Romsstar lol I just thought you put the translation on hold until you got back from school or something, this thread fell to the next page and people was starting to wonder if this project was over or on hiatus until it got back because there hasn't been any information since you last said your team disappeared over the holidays. My Bad

Seph54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For someone who wants to translate from Japanese to English, you sure do know a lot about the English language.
The least someone can do when he wants to apply in a translation team, especially textual things like that, is to be good at it.

This is the internet i dont have to type proper english am i correct?

Seph54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Lol and im not applying for a job i was offering help to a fan made translation but whatever. Keep up the good work Romsstar and get school finish don't worry about this

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Lol and im not applying for a job i was offering help to a fan made translation but whatever. Keep up the good work Romsstar and get school finish don't worry about this

1st, don't triple post. There's an edit button for a reason.
2nd, if you want to help with a TRANSLATION PROJECT you need to at least be fluent in the language which the game is being translated into. If you can't type with proper grammar people aren't going to think twice about saying no. It may be a fan project, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be done well or with near professional quality.

Reactions: SolomonGodsSoldi

Seph54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1st, don't triple post. There's an edit button for a reason.
2nd, if you want to help with a TRANSLATION PROJECT you need to at least be fluent in the language which the game is being translated into. If you can't type with proper grammar people aren't going to think twice about saying no. It may be a fan project, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be done well or with near professional quality.

Whatever I honestly don't care anymore about being on the team I myself is about to start back up in school I was offering help while i was on a two month break because he said his team disappeared. I didnt triple post I replied back to Romsstar and to Stormryu I didn't mean to post again though. It's not THAT serious I'll never post on here again. Again good luck Romsstar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • B
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Fuck sigma, go with sugma.