DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So.. anything new to dis?
Dude chill!
You can't expect them to update daily. They update their blog about once every 2 weeks so go there.
The link is in the first post.
And the translation is probably going to take until next November, with some luck a month sooner, so just come back in a few months instead of posting dumb questions everyday.

Reactions: porkiewpyne

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Why not to the game :(..?
Cmon. Read the rules. People have to start reading rules. That is the least you can do.

hi
cant wait to play the game in english too.
Can nobody upload the patch ?? I know its still not rdy but enough to play it better as in language jap...
No. The team has made the decision to release only when it is fully done. And that decision shall be respected. If you want to know why, read the previous 25 pages.

Any ideas when does the patch launches?
No. Please do not ask any more. Many people have and it is starting to get a wee bit annoying. Sorry if this sounds rude but yea.

on other sites they have 25 % patch, i don t know if it may be posted
No. It has been done before and AFAIK these people are the same asshats who got hold of the files from the team and then, against the wishes of the original team, released it even though it is buggy. Because they are asshats like that. It would be nice if you would not support such asshats. :)

So.. anything new to dis?
I would like to take this opportunity to break the news to you. Translations (especially fan translations) usually take a while to complete. Asking every few posts will not make it go any faster. If you are here hoping that the patch to be released soon, then I suggest you throw that idea out. Do not ask that question again until another 10 years. Check the blog which linked in the first post for more progress status.

SuperSZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Dude chill!
You can't expect them to update daily. They update their blog about once every 2 weeks so go there.
The link is in the first post.
And the translation is probably going to take until next November, with some luck a month sooner

Don't wanna argue or anything, but I think it will be way sooner than November. I mean, if they said that they already have 60% done (approximately) I'd say that maybe in something like 4 to 5 months maximum they would complete it (if they don't have many complications).

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Don't wanna argue or anything, but I think it will be way sooner than November. I mean, if they said that they already have 60% done (approximately) I'd say that maybe in something like 4 to 5 months maximum they would complete it (if they don't have many complications).
Well I just didn't want to be too optimistic. Wouldn't be the first time a project was put on hold for a while or they find problems whith the encription etc.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Those 60% apply to the Translation part only.
It means this is how much of Japanese is translated. Please don't forget that there is also a technical aspect, and this can take quite a time, depending on factors that no one can foresee by now.

I'd say November is a quite realistic date, given that the technical aspects have to be sorted out and there is no useful debugger for the PSP.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
It means this is how much of Japanese is translated. Please don't forget that there is also a technical aspect, and this can take quite a time, depending on factors that no one can foresee by now.

I'd say November is a quite realistic date, given that the technical aspects have to be sorted out and there is no useful debugger for the PSP.

What do you mean my "Technical Aspects"? Like font postioning and such or like line breaks and things like that? I myself can't think of much coding that'd have to be done for a translation, however I've only actually done two translations.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Yeah I thought so.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What do you mean my "Technical Aspects"? Like font postioning and such or like line breaks and things like that? I myself can't think of much coding that'd have to be done for a translation, however I've only actually done two translations.

You never went for 100% did you?

only SOME technical aspects we have to deal:

- Naming screen, making the player to be able to name his character more then 6 characters and using the Vfw there
- Repositioning of the Year/Day to have no overlapping and restoring the old format of Digimon World 1 for that
- Finding all graphics and inserting translated ones without having a VRAM overflow
- Resizing some Boxes to fit in longer text.
- Adjusting Positions
- Removing Overlaps
- Applying the Vfw where it is not used yet.
- Gaining control over the size and width of the font (optional so far)
- Optimizing Text Routine for English Text (In case the text limit will drive us to a dead end)

This is only a very short list of what I can think of out of the top of my head.

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not to the game :(..?

italian-baby-meme-generator-hey-hey-get-a-load-of-this-guy-30cfb4.jpg

People like you are called stupid for a reason....

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
You never went for 100% did you?

only SOME technical aspects we have to deal:

- Naming screen, making the player to be able to name his character more then 6 characters and using the Vfw there
- Repositioning of the Year/Day to have no overlapping and restoring the old format of Digimon World 1 for that
- Finding all graphics and inserting translated ones without having a VRAM overflow
- Resizing some Boxes to fit in longer text.
- Adjusting Positions
- Removing Overlaps
- Applying the Vfw where it is not used yet.
- Gaining control over the size and width of the font (optional so far)
- Optimizing Text Routine for English Text (In case the text limit will drive us to a dead end)

This is only a very short list of what I can think of out of the top of my head.

100%, yes and no. I went for everything except story. I get what you mean by technical aspects now though. I've usually just tried to work with what system is already in place rather than changing it up.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
100%, yes and no. I went for everything except story. I get what you mean by technical aspects now though. I've usually just tried to work with what system is already in place rather than changing it up.
Yeah you see, there is is a subtle differnce between "translating a game" and "localizing a game".
Localizing a game involves things where in the end you will have a product that will be just as if the game was released here.
Or if possible, will even surpass a local release by fixing bugs and similar, utiilizing a more friendly UI or things like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro