Gaming Digimon World Re:Digitize - Anyone making translation?

Sayjin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, to those properly working on the translation patch, thank you for taking your time to not only do this, but to do it right.

To those of you who keep pestering them: are you serious? The game hasn't even been out a week yet, and the translation started after it came out. Are you seriously asking for daily/hourly updates on how far along it is? Do you not read the thread before posting? Rommstar stated two things quite clearly that you need to remember:

1) He has exams soon, so he cannot devote as much of his time to this as he'd like for the next two weeks. That doesn't mean the patch will be ready in two weeks, it means that progress will ramp up in two weeks.
2) They are not going to release partial patches. Stop telling them what they "should" do, or suggesting things to appease yourselves.

Furthermore, they've stated they haven't properly hacked into the image files or the... what was it called, VRAM? yet. The VRAM issue is the most significant, since without properly fixing it, the game appears to not work 100% properly.

Seriously, I know it's 25 pages, but take the time to read before making unreasonable demands/requests. Though I say this, it's obvious a lot of you aren't reading past the first post, so this won't really do much good.

And thank you again to the patch makers.

Reactions: 7 people

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I obtained a psp software development kit from sony i can correct any vram issues if u need help?
Please stop talking about stuff that you don't understand, no sony dev kit can help you with this problem.
VRAM is a special section inside ARCVINFO.BIN, it says the game how big a file is in psp's vram.

/edit:
after decrypting EBOOT.BIN, i found a hint that the game "may" get an us/eu release:

Keep/LanguageKeep_jp.res
Keep/LanguageKeep_en_us.res
Keep/LanguageKeep_en_eu.res
Keep/LanguageKeep_fr.res
Keep/LanguageKeep_it.res
Keep/LanguageKeep_de.res
Keep/LanguageKeep_es.res

Reactions: 1 person

trhennly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I obtained a psp software development kit from sony i can correct any vram issues if u need help?
Please stop talking about stuff that you don't understand, no sony dev kit can help you with this problem.
VRAM is a special section inside ARCVINFO.BIN, it says the game how big a file is in psp's vram.

/edit:
after decrypting EBOOT.BIN, i found a hint that the game "may" get an us/eu release:

Keep/LanguageKeep_jp.res
Keep/LanguageKeep_fr.res
Keep/LanguageKeep_it.res
Keep/LanguageKeep_de.res
Keep/LanguageKeep_es.res
When you open any of the other files in the text editor what text do they show? Or do they show anything at all?

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When you open any of the other files in the text editor what text do they show? Or do they show anything at all?
Great news :) it would be even better news if the files contained the languages lol would make this translation much quicker

The files does not exist (except Keep/LanguageKeep_jp.res), but the game loads them depending on a fixed language value, 1 = jp, 2 = en_us, 3 =...

BryanKek

Trophies
XP
http://www.mediafire.com/?qfll130crhgtwe5

Files 000 - 004. I've translated most of the item names with the exception of a few digifishes name, item description is done for all usable items, except for fishes and evolution items. Key items fully translated and description for about 10+ key items.

DarianLoL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Files 000 - 004. I've translated most of the item names with the exception of a few digifishes name, item description is done for all usable items, except for fishes and evolution items. Key items fully translated and description for about 10+ key items.
Good work there

Roxas75

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

/edit:

Keep/LanguageKeep_jp.res
Keep/LanguageKeep_fr.res
Keep/LanguageKeep_it.res
Keep/LanguageKeep_de.res
Keep/LanguageKeep_es.res
I hate that kind of noobs... Anyways it's not sure of an us/eu release, these are only variables that they create at the begin of the projects.
Did you find anything about vram? I stopped to study the archive, 'm watching the images.
PS: The games doesn't freeze with me at the passwords input, maybe it's an error of that guy.

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you find anything about vram? I stopped to study the archive, 'm watching the images.
PS: The games doesn't freeze with me at the passwords input, maybe it's an error of that guy.
I think VRAM is generated from the Pack header, but it depends on the fileformat.
I have not much time to work on anything right now, i have exams and must concentrate on learning ^^

here Text Editor v1.1 + source:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ksot0wmtly7422y

Bugfix:
- proper saving and loading of UTF8-Textfiles (the exported text files should now have an UTF8 header)
- internal text length saved as integer and not string...

New:
- removing of Furigana
- some message boxes
- try & catch errors by exporting & importing

Reactions: 2 people

Roxas75

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think VRAM is generated from the Pack header, but it depends on the fileformat.
I have not much time to work on anything right now, i have exams and must concentrate on learning ^^

http://www.mediafire...ksot0wmtly7422y

Bugfix:
- proper saving and loading of UTF8-Textfiles (the exported text files should now have an UTF8 header)

New:
- removing of Furigana
- some message boxes
Thanks, and good luck for the exams! ;)

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

http://www.mediafire...ksot0wmtly7422y

Bugfix:

New:
- removing of Furigana
- some message boxes
OMG I love you. Thanks for Furigana Removal Function, they drove the Translators crazy.

Working hard on this, and I noticed that the thread got a bit less love since we stopped posting progress.

But guys I can tell you we are progressing, and we are progressing rapidly fast.
I won't post any details, but as soon as I feel we have something REAL to show,
there will definitely be screenshots here.

darcangel

Lovely Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
it is not like the we are "loosing the love" for this game,
is more like that we are realizing that we will have to wait about 1 to 2 years to play this game...

The only game fully translated on PSP: Idolmaster took 2 years
Monster hunter 3rd 85% translated 'till now, and took about a year

All DS games fully translated took about 2 years...

Oh man I'd do almost anything to play this, but we need to keep it real

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it is not like the we are "loosing the love" for this game,
is more like that we are realizing that we will have to wait about 1 to 2 years to play this game...

The only game fully translated on PSP: Idolmaster took 2 years
Monster hunter 3rd 85% translated 'till now, and took about a year

All DS games fully translated took about 2 years...

Oh man I'd do almost anything to play this, but we need to keep it real

Realisticly we want to play this game as much as you do and we are working as fast as possible,
but we want to provide quality as well.

Whether this will take 1 month, 6 months or 1 year I can't tell at this point. It all comes down to factors out of hand right now.

And also: Even two years is still better than never :P

With Nintendo you wait at least 6 month for a solid translation. And the guys doing it DO get paid and have access to tools and stuff we don't.
Not to mention that you would have to pay for the game as well.

You are getting provided a solid quality translation for free and yet find the time to complain how long it will take? God I wish I had so much time.

Comments like that really drain out the fun out of this...

Reactions: 4 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: my eyes already feel tired