Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,592,320
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

TMS1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Rekmond

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm a newcomer to the site and only recently started replaying Dusk and Dawn but when out of curiosity I searched for english translations of the non-ported games I was excited as can be to see this project. I might not be able to help with any of the work, but I can guarantee that when it is finished
<--- This guy
is going to be one of the 1st to download and start playing.

I eagerly await the day you finish this, and fully support the 'Not releasing an unfinished version' status quo.

DomiKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
im watching this thread for over 2 years now and i still think its awesome that the people working on this sacrifice their time and put so much effort in this project
its a real shame i couldnt understand japanese even if my life depended on it or i would have offered my help long ago

also i think its alright that you dont want to release an unfinished version its up to the project leader to decide when it gets released

sry if my english is bad

Yuuki Tera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hey Black-Ice can you answer my question honestly (Maybe you too Yugix but not anyone else):
Should I play the game in the Japanese version? I really would like to understand the story but I've got this month really free and I thought it would be great to play Lost Evolution now but as I said I'm hesitant about it...Do you think I can expect the game anytime next year or is the ETA that vague?
And if I should play it in Jap is there any good walkthrough you know so I can play it easily? Thanks BTW.

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I know you said you didn't want anyone else to answer it but TOO BAD!

I played through the entire game in Japanese a few years ago, it's pretty easy to get through. The story... you kinda get the gist of it but not really. Honestly if you really want to play through it in Japanese, it's very doable. Or you can wait, either way.

Reactions: Black-Ice

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Black-Ice can you answer my question honestly (Maybe you too Yugix but not anyone else):
Should I play the game in the Japanese version? I really would like to understand the story but I've got this month really free and I thought it would be great to play Lost Evolution now but as I said I'm hesitant about it...Do you think I can expect the game anytime next year or is the ETA that vague?
And if I should play it in Jap is there any good walkthrough you know so I can play it easily? Thanks BTW.
What @Mirby just said basically.

If you want a walkthrough, I have this bookmarked from a while ago so it must have been decent: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/980253-digimon-story-lost-evolution/faqs/60421

As for ETA's I wish I could give you one. Its frustrating for me having always relay news you don't want to hear, I wanna be a bearer of good news too. But for now no updates

Reactions: Pablitox and Mirby

Yuuki Tera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I know you said you didn't want anyone else to answer it but TOO BAD!

I played through the entire game in Japanese a few years ago, it's pretty easy to get through. The story... you kinda get the gist of it but not really. Honestly if you really want to play through it in Japanese, it's very doable. Or you can wait, either way.
I was seriously gonna put "Especially you Mirby" in my last comment XD
And thanks Ice for the walkthrough I might start playing it soon.
Good Luck on it, it seems you need it

XDragon2688

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What @Mirby just said basically.

If you want a walkthrough, I have this bookmarked from a while ago so it must have been decent: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/980253-digimon-story-lost-evolution/faqs/60421

As for ETA's I wish I could give you one. Its frustrating for me having always relay news you don't want to hear, I wanna be a bearer of good news too. But for now no updates

Ice, why don't you give us random good news? Ie: The sun shone today!

Or, I heard a bird sing and it sounded like the angels themselves?

:-P

Yuuki Tera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
For everyone who wants good news: Digimon Adventures Tri. Movie 1: Saikai/Reunion is out as a 4 part Jap Audio Eng Subs on Horriblesubs.info
It's finally out People!
Hey Ice can we talk about the Movie here or should I just go to MAL?

Reactions: Mirby

Yuuki Tera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
For everyone who wants good news: Digimon Adventures Tri. Movie 1: Saikai/Reunion is out as a 4 part Jap Audio Eng Subs on Horriblesubs.info
It's finally out People!
Hey Ice can we talk about the Movie here or should I just go to MAL?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry for double post

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol