Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,592,957
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
And still the progress from the first post its still the same as 1 and half month ago.
But at least it's goog to know that the translation is not put on hold
Since there is not much change in translation, the progress will not change.
As for now, since I can't do much in translation, I'm trying to fix issues we found in the translation. Whether it is graphics or text-wise.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do this is still alive?

....haaaaaaaah
soOjJCk.gif

JamesAaronSpirin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wifi 90%? With DS's wifi support kaput, leave that for last, as the functionality will be useless unless an emulator can be updated to use non-Nintendo wifi connection.

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Wifi 90%? With DS's wifi support kaput, leave that for last, as the functionality will be useless unless an emulator can be updated to use non-Nintendo wifi connection.
It is 90% because I can't test it. It is already translated but not tested.
And since now DS Wi-Fi got disconnected, only local Wireless will serve as a base to test this.

Devilluck

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Glad to see it's still alive. Gotta be hard to translate, I wouldn't know, never tried anything like this. Though I have noticed in reading the thread that you guys seem to have little tolerance for anyone asking any questions about release dates or commenting on the time period it's taking. I get why this must be annoying, but I also get the other side of it too. I mean, this game came out 4 years ago, and a lot of people, like me, have been waiting anxiously to play it. I know that translating takes a long time, but 4 years is a long time to wait for something. This isn't me telling you to work faster or anything of the sort, just saying that when someone asks about a release date, or why it's taking so long, you might want to look at it from their point of view. I see a game that lots of people have been waiting for, for a long time, and when it seems like little progress is made (Due to a variety of reasons, such as errors, real life time constraints ect) people start to get worried that the people working on it aren't giving it their all. I think something that could be helpful to try to silence some of this, would be an explanation of what's going. Maybe I haven't read back far enough, and I'm sorry if I haven't, it's a 54 page forum topic, but I all I know right now is you guys are having some sort of error that's holding you back, or there is some time constraint. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong I just think a little more information would go a long way.

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Glad to see it's still alive. Gotta be hard to translate, I wouldn't know, never tried anything like this. Though I have noticed in reading the thread that you guys seem to have little tolerance for anyone asking any questions about release dates or commenting on the time period it's taking. I get why this must be annoying, but I also get the other side of it too. I mean, this game came out 4 years ago, and a lot of people, like me, have been waiting anxiously to play it. I know that translating takes a long time, but 4 years is a long time to wait for something. This isn't me telling you to work faster or anything of the sort, just saying that when someone asks about a release date, or why it's taking so long, you might want to look at it from their point of view. I see a game that lots of people have been waiting for, for a long time, and when it seems like little progress is made (Due to a variety of reasons, such as errors, real life time constraints ect) people start to get worried that the people working on it aren't giving it their all. I think something that could be helpful to try to silence some of this, would be an explanation of what's going. Maybe I haven't read back far enough, and I'm sorry if I haven't, it's a 54 page forum topic, but I all I know right now is you guys are having some sort of error that's holding you back, or there is some time constraint. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong I just think a little more information would go a long way.

Hi,
Thank you.
I think the little tolerance came from the fact that it was stated more than 1 time (even in the OP) that we will only release it when it is finished, but people doesn't read most of times.
Also, the reason that we are too slow is due to 2 facts
1) There is no one right now who is translating the story (due to various reasons as you stated). Most active team members who reply here are proofread team.
2) Due to 1, I have a little data to enter in the PAK (the game itself).

The error you are talking about is in Graphics, I don't know how much it will take to fix it but it is not game destroying thing. You can see the error when you check the screen shots in OP, the Back Button is not showing correctly.

Also, as when there is new info about the translation, we directly post about it here. Most people here don't concern themselves with issues (some say real-life constraints are bla bla bla).

Ailwuful

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've been checking this forum for quite a long time also waiting for this and my problem with it is exactly this:
There is no one right now who is translating the story (due to various reasons as you stated). Most active team members who reply here are proofread team.
The lack of information kept me silent, but I always thought about it, everyone must think about it: there isn't anyone really working on it. Will it be finished? I really waited for a long time, I can wait for more. But the one thing that I don't want to happen is for the work accomplished thus far to be wasted. If the translation isn't progressing, even if slowly, then why not release it as it is? I'll be more than happy to play it with half a story translated. The most important part is the gameplay stuff anyway.

Reactions: dimmidice

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi im going to use my 1st post on this forum to ask a question that has been responded with NO a million times coz im special and I think I can make them say yes. When in reality im just asking for Black-Ice to waste another message telling me:

Guess what?

No.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1