Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,591,864
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

Belwar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, please, dont misunderstand me. Im going to try to expplain better:
We are a translation team and we have lready translated the Digimon World DS. Right now, we are translationg the Digimon Dusk and Dawn. After complete this, we tought to translate the Digimon Story. But there was a problem, we know a very little bit of writted japanese. Then, a member of our forum said us the existence of this project. We dont know japanese. But we know english and sure you did a great transltion. Because of that I came to ask.
Sorry if someone felt injured, that wasnt my intention.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, please, dont misunderstand me. Im going to try to expplain better:
We are a translation team and we have lready translated the Digimon World DS. Right now, we are translationg the Digimon Dusk and Dawn. After complete this, we tought to translate the Digimon Story. But there was a problem, we know a very little bit of writted japanese. Then, a member of our forum said us the existence of this project. We dont know japanese. But we know english and sure you did a great transltion. Because of that I came to ask.
Sorry if someone felt injured, that wasnt my intention.
So I was right then :toot:

Infinitmon

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well Hello I have seen this project like a few months ago but I have never believed you have come this far for that I´m happy because i also want this game on english
So my question is if you need help translating from Japanese I don´t know to much but I have studied 2 years and I know the basic things because is a complex but amazing langguage, I will be helping with the story in this vacations so I want to contribute on this amazing game. Thanks and Congratulations

Cheren

Pokemon Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well Hello I have seen this project like a few months ago but I have never believed you have come this far for that I´m happy because i also want this game on english
So my question is if you need help translating from Japanese I don´t know to much but I have studied 2 years and I know the basic things because is a complex but amazing langguage, I will be helping with the story in this vacations so I want to contribute on this amazing game. Thanks and Congratulations

You Better Ask Yugix as he is the Head of this Translation

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Hi, I would like you to help me checking something in the translation I'm not sure about. So, if you are ready, please tell me.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
^^^^^^^
I just love these kind of messages
and the feeling i get when i see them
A great way to start your temp career

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i wish i could speak japanese some times maybe only the basics to play those great games that they dont care to bring over europe or usa .anyway i have been here watching the project evolve and i must say a huge thnks for your efforts .
digimon was a cool series on tv and it is a pity that they dont care to brought the games abroad ,and that is the reason that i believe in homebrew scene and coders etc

novobiljanin

Trophies
XP
Country
great job guys you are our last hope, but i was wondering why don't you releasae a beta patch that will include your curent progres ? That is good for both of us because we players could play and in the same time test your work and if there si some kind of bug or error or something we can tell you so that you can fix it.I don't know if I'm allowed to make any kind of patch requests here so please correct me if my idea is wrong, keep it up with the good work :)

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
If you have read anything at all you would know this thread was started to keep the current progress handy. If you cannot understand no patch yet...
this is intentional so that the when the patch is released its the last one, as in everything is translated. no "when's the next patch?" crap. Just one release. with a closed thread and a pm this person with any bugs in big bold letters on the first post. As hopefully any bugs would be worked out before hand. (I know of 16 graphics I need to work on that may not ever get fixed). I also know that the text will need a go through as someone/some-people keep using the online translation websites to go through the text and changing stuff that should be left alone.

REMINDER DO NOT USE ONLINE TRANSLATION WEBSITES TO "HELP". IF YOU CANNOT TRANSLATE NATURALLY DO NOT HELP. (no machine translation sites - google, bing, etc....)as that only makes more work for those who are actual translators. Actual translators if you find yourself changing something leave a note beside it as to why so others can see that they should leave it. Especially if you find yourself doing it more than once.... edit: like me... twice... the same text...

TMS1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like someone would have to be an idiot to put a machine translation in there. Anyone who knows English can see right away that there are problems with it.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Seems like someone would have to be an idiot to put a machine translation in there. Anyone who knows English can see right away that there are problems with it.
Meh.... With the correct knowledge on certain words, small but popular phrases, names, and other junk... "machine translation" works a tad bit. Of course, not 100% to where you can translate an entire game but definitely well enough for things such as names within the Digimon series and possibly extremely small bits of dialogue to be translated (somewhat...). I've done it before with Megaman games and more recently with this game when this project was first started. As I said, it only really works for the smaller stuff hence why I stopped messing with anything else here. It's really all dependent on a small understanding of the translated language, how well the translator actually works, and if you have the time and ability to break things down to an understandable point by doing a mass amount of breakdowns, compare & contrast, and fitting things together again.

tl;dr it's not COMPLETELY useless but for translating the entire game/text or just this game in particular it's pretty useless at this point of the project and an interruption. There's no arguing that it's best to have a real translator do the job instead.

Bladept

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweet! Let's hope this thread doesn't get as insanely cluttered with inane requests as with the last one! :3

Also I notice that lately I've been doing more damage control in the old thread than localization editing... XD
plz plz give me a beta english patch next weak prety plz LOL
Joking, now seriously, I tried my self translate this game and its just too much stuff to translate that i just gave up lol =)
Wish you keep the good progress so far and been looking up to this ;)

noddalives

Trophies
XP
Country
Meh.... With the correct knowledge on certain words, small but popular phrases, names, and other junk... "machine translation" works a tad bit. Of course, not 100% to where you can translate an entire game but definitely well enough for things such as names within the Digimon series and possibly extremely small bits of dialogue to be translated (somewhat...). I've done it before with Megaman games and more recently with this game when this project was first started. As I said, it only really works for the smaller stuff hence why I stopped messing with anything else here. It's really all dependent on a small understanding of the translated language, how well the translator actually works, and if you have the time and ability to break things down to an understandable point by doing a mass amount of breakdowns, compare & contrast, and fitting things together again.

tl;dr it's not COMPLETELY useless but for translating the entire game/text or just this game in particular it's pretty useless at this point of the project and an interruption. There's no arguing that it's best to have a real translator do the job instead.

remembering also that with japanese there are several words and phrases that are the same but have different meanings depending on the syllable emphasis and/or context, translators arent able to factor in these things :O

using an english example here "that guy is my mate" can be interpreted as:

a) he is my friend
b) he is my sexual partner

Reactions: 3 people

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

remembering also that with japanese there are several words and phrases that are the same but have different meanings depending on the syllable emphasis and/or context, translators arent able to factor in these things :O

using an english example here "that guy is my mate" can be interpreted as:

a) he is my friend
b) he is my sexual partner
Of course but any translator should give you those multiple interpretations. if not then the use of multiple translators is usually a good step. That's where a bit of common sense comes in handy depending upon what game you're playing... but again it's not wise to begin translating any phrases or sentences with this project using a translator whether a person thinks they are capable of doing it or not. I just figured I would put this crap about translators out there since someone decided to jump the gun and imply a person "would have to be an idiot". x_o

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong