Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah i agree Magus...
we can let him do mespak03 or 04....
since he has a workable knowledge of japanese...
maybe he can translate the game script/descriptions much better

so can anyone tell me what mespak are they working on right now since
Im not sure on what mespak to try and translate....
im trying to translate 02 or 01 and i could fairly say that my japanese is not good
because i just started learning jap...and this is one way to further my knowledge

MagusZero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, mespak03 is much easier for me than the others were. I still can't do it all, but I'm actually capable of it. It's the ones that have wierd grammar that worry me. Like in mespak01.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Gahhh Well I did what I could with MESPAK00... I'll continue with what I'm capable of doing with MESPAK01 in a little bit... I just gotta get my school work out of the way and stop lurking GBATemp @_@

prototype_u

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Working on MESPAK00 currently (why not start at the beginning?). Anyway, this file seems to be everything that can appear in your in-game menu. Save messages, egg names, Digimon names, elongated names for the ones that don't fit the character limit for names (which, by the way, I really need to know this limit so I can try and shorten some of these to workable names), items, types, moves... you name it, it's pretty much in here. I'm up to entry 432, which is the end of all the shortened names. I'm going to have to go back through it and fix them later once the character limit is known.

And blaaargh, this is going to be a lot of work I'm not getting paid for. =P Regardless, I'll work on it in my free time, but I have several more important things going on at the moment, so expect any work from me to be few and far between. Feel free to hit me up if you hit a road block working on it yourselves, though.

jesh89

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
let's just do our best with the translations.....
and i think normatt is also doing his best with the font pak....
which is very important to the way the translations will be displayed....
also too busy do to some translations at the moment....

goodluck guys

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
prototype_u said:
Working on MESPAK00 currently (why not start at the beginning?). Anyway, this file seems to be everything that can appear in your in-game menu. Save messages, egg names, Digimon names, elongated names for the ones that don't fit the character limit for names (which, by the way, I really need to know this limit so I can try and shorten some of these to workable names), items, types, moves... you name it, it's pretty much in here. I'm up to entry 432, which is the end of all the shortened names. I'm going to have to go back through it and fix them later once the character limit is known.

And blaaargh, this is going to be a lot of work I'm not getting paid for. =P Regardless, I'll work on it in my free time, but I have several more important things going on at the moment, so expect any work from me to be few and far between. Feel free to hit me up if you hit a road block working on it yourselves, though.

The character limit is more of a width limit if we used a different font for the menus it would allow longer names. I need to look into the font they used in the officially translated games so i can possibly copy it across.

romeo89

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
where are the updates
frown.gif
or is the project DEAD
hate2.gif
cry.gif

Reactions: 1 person

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
romeo89 said:
where are the updates
frown.gif
or is the project DEAD
hate2.gif
cry.gif
Errrr Some people are busy with their own things so there's not much to say at the moment until they speak.
With myself, since it seems there's nothing for me to do anymore with having an actual translator working from scratch on MESPAK00 to possibly beyond that... I'm just watching from the sidelines in hopes something actually happens with this stuff.

SirCB85

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Guys, a project isn´t dead just because you didn´t hear any news for a week.
Yeah I´m thrilled about this project as you are, but it´s not gonna get done any faster if everyone just creates an account to say he doesn´t hope it isn´t dead.

MagusZero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose releasing patches with completed pacs may be a good idea. I think I'll put in some actual work on this tomorrow, translating the dialogue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol