Hacking Digimon Adventure [PSP]

silverwolf689

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact that there are 2 translations doesn't have to do with which translation is more japanese and which one more english. There are 2 translations going on because the team who knows how to do the translation in the correct way (by correct I mean using the right software and tools) don't want the unexperienced people in their team, so they're doing a separate translation on their own via hex edition (which is not the correct way to do that, but should be enough for the menus... or most of them).

The rest of this thread is basicly a massive fight between people who support the translation team, and people who support the other ones.

what he said. just one tiny edit. There is no "CORRECT" method. It's a matter of working with the skills you've got. The main difference between them is EFFICIENCY and debuggin

Reactions: SuperSZ

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
ok guys so, this doesn't have to do with the translation at all but it IS about Digimon and it's awesome. Warning: it MAY destroy your childhood :lol: (maybe the last part is a little bit too much, but oh well... it is what it is :P )

lcleong

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
ok guys so, this doesn't have to do with the translation at all but it IS about Digimon and it's awesome. Warning: it MAY destroy your childhood :lol: (maybe the last part is a little bit too much, but oh well... it is what it is :P )

main reason to strictly stay away from any dub

Reactions: Roxas75

Roxas75

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys, a question.
Do you prefer the Dubbed names or the japanese ones?
I mean Taichi/Tai or Baby Flame/Pepperbreath, Vandemon/Myotismon etc...
I personally prefer much things in the dubbed way, like the protagonist's names.
My idea is to use the dubbed names, and leave the japanese for some beautiful things (Like Dukemon... *__* I can't heard Gallantmon...).
What do you think about this?

Viris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, a question.
I personally prefer much things in the dubbed way, like the protagonist's names.
My idea is to use the dubbed names, and leave the japanese for some beautiful things (Like Dukemon... *__* I can't heard Gallantmon...).

you can send the font table (letters) of digimon adventure? So I can translate it too

Volkster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.xat.com
XP
Country
United States
hmm, well personally idm the Japanese names since I seen the japanese series but I also like the dubbed ones too... It's hard to say=/ but I might go with the japanese ones just to experiance the game itself in it's own luster=P But the dubbed ones aren't bad either. But DEFINITELY keep "Giga Destroya!" That move is Sick!

Abcd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
roxas75 please can you tell me which is your file where are the names of the digimon
I'm doing a mini patch in Spanish and I need the file

Ronteque

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Guys, a question.

Please keep the Japanese one.....

Taichi, Baby Flame, etc...

Because I believe the voiceover are in that version too. It is strange if you were to choose pepperbreath and the in-game voice agumon shouts baby flame.

Japanese all the way! Even the Japanese opening theme song for Digimon Adventure sounds better than the English version.

The Japanese version song Braveheart beats the crap out of the cheesy English version.

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Good news Everyone!
I have translated 90% of the menu :D
What is left now is the categories of the items :P
Well I want to translate the Digimon names,Skills and Item names :)
And then I will release a patch :)

Reactions: Amber09 and SuperSZ

Abcd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
liberta
you could tell me where the files to translate the names of the digimon and skills because I'm doing a patch in Spanish and I can not find them

ewinko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Missing texts (Items, Digimons, Skills etc) is in EBOOT.BIN. Its encrypted but google knows the answer for this question :) LET TRANSLATION BEGIN

Reactions: Liberta

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Guys, a question.

Plausibly two patches? One for Dub one for Subbed?
IMO I like the dub names cause it's what I grew up on, but at the same time I enjoy the subbed names as they're what I've gotten used to in recent years.
EDIT: Alternatively do a full patch of subbed versions and then toss it off to someone else to do the dubbed names? (Just let them no where things are stored)

kal_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Personally, I'm more inclined towards dub names, since that's what I grew up with, but I see how it would make sense to keep the original names so I wouldn't mind too much. The Digidestined names are pretty much just nicknames of the original names anyway. Keep in mind that only the partner Digimon actually say the attack names. One small thing I'd like, just for continuity's sake, is for the Digimon 'list' to be called the 'Digimon Analyzer'.

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@Liberta, could you translate the battle menu too?

I mean, like the translation team did here
snap093.png

silverwolf689

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To RomStar:
hmm hard to say about the names. I grew up with the dub. The dubbed names and attacks for the digimon would be better (gatomon > tailmon, omnimon > omegamon) with some exceptions ( gallantmon < dukemon)
But I'm getting used to the Original names for the DigiDestined (Taichi, Yamato, etc.) The kids original names sound better. For e.g. The original name for Xros Wars protagonist, Taiki, sounds much better than the dub's, Mikey Kudo (dub name).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet... +1