Hacking Did you brick your wii?

Yes Or No!

• Yes, Bootmii saved my wii's life.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, Preloader saved my wii's life.

• Yes, My wii is screwed up, I don't have a working wii anymore.

• Yes, But nintendo repaired it for free.

• Yes, But nintendo repaired it , but I had to pay for it.

• No, never.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Yes, but I used a Game Disk/Repair disk to fix it.

• Total voters

EddyWally

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
If so, has bootmii saved your wii's life?
Just curious.
rolleyes.gif

I've bricked my wii like...5 times? But I have bootmii as boot2 installed, so I fixed it.

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For me it's somewhat difficult. I saw the "System files are corrupt" message one time, so this could be one brick, which was a result of Preloader being installed. However I wouldn't count that as a brick, because I just missed the last step of a guide.

Anyways, I'll choose "Yes, Preloader saved my wii's life.", since Preloader allowed me to boot into HBC and do the last step.

El-ahrairah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, I never have. I try to be careful about it, using only wads and software that have been made by well-known developers. I didn't even have Preloader installed until a few weeks ago, so if I would have bricked I would have been up a creek!

teddystacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, here is my story for anyone interested..

1) I wanted to go To 4.0 - So I installed preloader (Bootmii would only install to IOS)

2) Updated fine with Winie's updater - but then ran the ISO60 fixed wad so I could run stuff from SD

3) The got the "file system corrupt" errors that preloader gives if you install it before the iso60 wad.

4) I did not know at that point that all I needed todo was re-install preloader.

5) So like a Total idiot (yes I know I am) I removed the ISO60 wad..

6) Result - FULL brick - even preloader would not load...

Returned my Wii to the Big N under warranty - within five days , they sent me a refurb - the good news this was still on 3.2U and I could now install Bootmii on boot2 - so i am a very happy camper.. i think they call it a Serendipity.

The interesting point here is that this proves that with this type of Brick Nintendo had no way to tell the Wii in question had been hacked (or did not care) , and they had no way themselves to reflash the NAND with a "clean: inage...

Animotion

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah once
blink.gif
. I remove some ios an then I got some fuzzy text for a start up screen
frown.gif
. I was like oh shiii!. But then lucky I remember i had preloader installed. I hold the start button an preloader came up. I was able to get back into the homebrew channel an reinstall ios.

Thank you preloader
biggrin.gif

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
I've installed about 60 wads in total on various wiis, tonnes of ios and cios etc. with no chips or brick protection and nothing ever bricked. Only thing I ever used bootmii recovery for was to see what 4.0 was like and then went back to 3.2

Stupidest thing I ever did, I lost my 5* of TTFAF on gh3 :/

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My Wii's story

Shipped with 2.0
upgraded to 3.1 over time
got brawl, updated to 3.2

all the homebrew started, so I got HBC, and Starfall (wow, old, I know!)

bricked my Wii on the install of a new H&S screen (well, tried to restore my original, and semi-bricked it)

SaveMiiFrii saved my ass... booted Zelda, ran WadManager, installed my SystemMenu again...

Installed Preloader the next day, and still have it... as well as BootMii... so I'm double protected

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been lucky to have no bricks so far. I've installed everything you could want minus preloader. I installed bootmii just to have it.

I'm going to try and softmod my friend's wii for her though i will be starting at 3.4 instead of 3.0

SanzioSan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive bricked my wii many times... and preloader saved me, but i bricked it recently because i didnt know
that the system menu wads overrite preloader... so thinking preloader was there i tried installing a theme
i made and it failed... so right now my wii is fucked
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: I met you in my dreams.