Hacking Did you brick your wii?

Yes Or No!

• Yes, Bootmii saved my wii's life.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, Preloader saved my wii's life.

• Yes, My wii is screwed up, I don't have a working wii anymore.

• Yes, But nintendo repaired it for free.

• Yes, But nintendo repaired it , but I had to pay for it.

• No, never.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Yes, but I used a Game Disk/Repair disk to fix it.

• Total voters

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Banner Bricked a few times. Preloader saved it. No bootmii installed, even though i have a compatible boot2.

I just got back from vacation, and i was thinking about posting a poll like this...Someone beat me to it
biggrin.gif

Reboot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically, yes, so I votes Yes Preloader...

BUT

It was part of the guide I was following. Although if preloader hadn't been there, I would have been SOL. So yea, voted Yes for that reason alone.

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, my Wii didn't bricked at all, becuase I have no Preloaders, no 'The Homebrew Channel', no Hacking, no modchips, no Bootmii and no USB and SD loader. I just use a few original game packages (sold at retail) as well some modified packcage games (which I bought this in the Philippines, selling most modified package games (with a modified box art, front and back), and some original package games, which I live before immigrating to Canada on August 17 2009) for my Wii.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have bricked it like 10 times when I did my theme for the SoftMii competition, but I have preloader and I knew what I was doing..!!
biggrin.gif

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never bricked my Wii. The last cios I installed was ages ago when the last version of the backup loader was released. (cios 249 or something, I don't remember) I have no interest in USB loader, or installing some cios to play certain wiiware. Honestly I have no idea what recent cios to install or what they do. As long as I have my backup loader and homebrew I am fine.

LOL every day I real a new post about someone bricking their Wii, so I guess I don't want to be another statistic.
smile.gif

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually i'd be against useless topics. This gives some insight on how many people did what option. Seems allot of us are smart about not getting our wii bricked. I'm curious about the 6 people who permanently bricked their wii whether they didn't have preloader or bootmii or maybe they just did something really dumb.

Lexip;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never. I installed preloader before making any custom wads, but ditched it after bootmii was released. Never had a problem.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never bricked. Most likely because I have this stupid habit of reading readme's and taking the time to comprehend guides
smile.gif

I have restored using bootmii however, but not to unbrick....rather just to test it out
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: