Hacking Did I break my R4 or is my memory card faulty?

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My R4 was working really well until today. I applied a DS Decal, and I changed the shell on my R4.
I didn't damage anything inside the shell, I'm sure of that because I did it very gently and with no rush. My memory card has been playing up recently though, but I thought that was because DSOrganize corrupts memory cards.

Please help me, I can't return it because I got it as a review sample and it was sent from Hong Kong so the sending costs would be huge.

Is my R4 broken? :'(
- Sam

EDIT
Ok, some games load but then have serious graphical defect or crash...

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i don't know much about what to d because I don't have a R4DS/M3DSS but you better hope that it is your Micro SD card and not the flashcart itself.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
You have a SuperCard Lite and M3 Simply according your sign, if your MicroSD card works in them it's the R4 that's broken, if it doesn't it's probably the MicroSD card which is broken...
And yeah, formatting is always a good idea when you think an app corrupts the stuff...

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've just had a thought.
Maybe it's these 2 ultra strong magnets that were sat in a box that I put my DS on top of...
Anyway, I'll re-format it.

- Sam

EDIT
Bad news. My card works perfectly with SuperCard Lite after formatting, but R4 is still broken.

EDIT2
Ok. I think the game I was trying was just not compatible with the R4. Tetris works great.
For the record, it was Clubhouse games that wasn't working...

SynGamer

Trophies
Website
syngamer.com
XP
Country
United States
Clubhouse Games works now...
I hate those magnets, they mess with electronic things...

- Sam
*note to self - keep magnets away from R4*
tongue.gif

ooh44

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
I think your microSD was broken!

You can use it to play SuperCard but have a problem when use in R4 like mine.

I have a 512mb kingston microsd and has no problem with my SuperCard rumble. but I got 2 white screen when I use it in EZ5 and SCDS only some game work. so I borrow my friend microsd and it work perfectly.

So it was your microsd broken not r4 i think.

I will got R4 today and I think my microsd will get 2 white screen like EZ5 and SCDS.

I'm not sure it because of DSOrganize or not, cause it make memory card corrupt. (I used to put DSOrganize and play in SC Rumble)

PS: borrow your friend's microsd to test. if you still got white screen. I think it should be R4.

HayateSlash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think your microSD was broken!

You can use it to play SuperCard but have a problem when use in R4 like mine.

I have a 512mb kingston microsd and has no problem with my SuperCard rumble. but I got 2 white screen when I use it in EZ5 and SCDS only some game work. so I borrow my friend microsd and it work perfectly.

So it was your microsd broken not r4 i think.

I will got R4 today and I think my microsd will get 2 white screen like EZ5 and SCDS.

I'm not sure it because of DSOrganize or not, cause it make memory card corrupt. (I used to put DSOrganize and play in SC Rumble)

PS: borrow your friend's microsd to test. if you still got white screen. I think it should be R4.
sorry about the question but which microsd your friend have?

just curious since i was thinking in buy a 1GB Kingston, maybe not good idea right?

glitchbit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as far as I have known solid state memory is not affect by magnets but maybe I am wrong. I supose the connectors on them are metal and maybe magnetism shows up through them? weird..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-