Did I break it?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by tura910, Mar 28, 2015.

1. tura910
    OP

tura910 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2014
    United States
    So, I've been playing games with the gateway card no problem for over a year. But I recently had to take out the cart and put in Nintendogs Dachshund and Friends briefly to test it. Ran fine. I tested it from regular mode, not gateway mode. Turned off the ds. Put the gateway cart back in, and now when I click on Nintendo DS Profile, it does not go into gateway mode and just has my username and color options, etc. :P So, did I break it? Can I fix it? Why did putting in a retail cart mess things up? Thanks in advance! <3

2. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    When you run a DS-mode game (whether it's a DSiware game, a retail cart, or a flash cart), it "fixes" the profile, so you'll have to re-install the exploit with a flash cart or using the 4.x web browser hack every time you're done playing.

3. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Playing a DS cart fixes the DS profile exploit.

Just run the GW blue card and install the exploit again (or any other DS flashcart)

4. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Sounds like to me all you need to do is just reinstall the nintendo ds exploit using a nintendo ds flashcart. Running anything ds mode related retail game or flashcart will uninstall the ds exploit needed to bootup the gateway menu. You can switch back and forth between ds and 3ds as long as you have a ds flashcart you can use to install the gateway ds mode exploit again.

5. Gamemaster1379

Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 5, 2008
    United States
    United States
    Not a big deal, your "gateway" (pun not intended) is just not bugged out at the moment. All your saves, emuNAND all are still there. You just need to redo the "blue cart" step.