Status
Not open for further replies.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why not using the NAND, the Memory Card data being a save file on Wii?

Just a random idea, but I think it's not that bad.

I think of it as a save file which is named "Devolution" or something...
I already said why I can't used the NAND, it's probably buried back somewhere in all the off-topic bullshit.
Bad idea anyway, NAND is not that big, this would be a problem eventually.
Much better on USB... :D

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Ya know, I wonder if the timeout patch would be the solution to NMM in DML and the memory card emulation in Swiss. The revolutionary answers people just never think of are often the simple fixes that were always overlooked.
Dolphin, I'm sure doesn't quite have the problem because the clock speed and timing stuff just slows down when emulation is getting slow. Having Devolution, on the other hand, just have the game stop and wait for it to get the memory card stuff done could cause hiccups in the video and music and stuff that people would start complaining about. I'm sure it would have been a bit harder to code, too. Since it's the same memory card format used with Dolphin, that would have been what would come to mind with me but, as usual, not the best option (not that I think I'm nearly a good enough coder for such an undertaking myself.)

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Because there are 90% offtopic messages?
If users were really concerned about finding important informations quickly, they wouldn't post unuseful messages.

That's why I closed the first topic, I hoped it was only used to talk about the project progress, but I was a fool to believe that :P

Edit:
If I really want information, I take the time to read, whatever the length of a topic.

Reactions: 1 person

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You havent heard WiiBricker, sorry but I increased your warning level, if you continue it will just get higher and I'm sure you dont want that.

Reactions: 2 people

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice moderating there fix lol

Now for my real question...tueidj got anymore updates for us? I mean on the technical side of things. I always enjoy a good technical read. Any word on how far along you think you are? How about compatibility? Should we expect this app to be awesome on day 1 or is it more like how USB loading progressed ? We all appreciate your efforts even though some sound stupid and make off topic chatter.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I only get to do real work on it on sundays, the rest of the week is busy with other things (but it gives time for ideas to pile up in my head).
It won't be awesome from the beginning, probably 50% of games will run perfect, 40% will have minor issues and 10% won't work. The good news is that it normally only takes a small amount of time to figure out why a specific game isn't running properly.
Edit: A brand new copy of Odama complete with microphone just fell into my lap, so "gamecube microphone emulation using a USB (guitar hero/rock band) microphone" just got added to the list of goals after controller emulation.

Reactions: 6 people

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice hopfully this thread can progress without people flaming each other and arguing over bullshit. Why can't ppl just get along -.- No need to take shit so personal and offensive

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Just wanted to issue an apology for every off-topic post I may have posted in this long thread. You may don't care but this was important to me personally to get this off my chest. Thank you and good night.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only get to do real work on it on sundays, the rest of the week is busy with other things (but it gives time for ideas to pile up in my head).
It won't be awesome from the beginning, probably 50% of games will run perfect, 40% will have minor issues and 10% won't work. The good news is that it normally only takes a small amount of time to figure out why a specific game isn't running properly.
Edit: A brand new copy of Odama complete with microphone just fell into my lap, so "gamecube microphone emulation using a USB (guitar hero/rock band) microphone" just got added to the list of goals after controller emulation.

nice. very nice. sorry if im prying just trying to get info out there on this, im excited as im sure many hundreds of others are, and thousands will be once its out.

whats holding you back on releasing, again from a technical standpoint, like bugs/glitches/things just not working? just a tiny hint? lol

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice. very nice. sorry if im prying just trying to get info out there on this, im excited as im sure many hundreds of others are, and thousands will be once its out.

whats holding you back on releasing, again from a technical standpoint, like bugs/glitches/things just not working? just a tiny hint? lol
Don't you think he would have told us if he wanted to?

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think hundreds is a bit of an overstatement, let alone thousands.
The main thing I have left to finish is polishing up the FAT code, making sure it works with 4KB sector drives and doesn't have any bugs that might wipe out someone's drive.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think hundreds is a bit of an overstatement, let alone thousands.
The main thing I have left to finish is polishing up the FAT code, making sure it works with 4KB sector drives and doesn't have any bugs that might wipe out someone's drive.

Glad to hear that this project is coming along fantastically. Keep it up!

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sweet thanks for the reply tueidj. do i really need to start a poll now to see how many people are waiting for this? lol. im sure its hundreds of people now, once its out news will spread like wildfire.

Ziggy Zigzagoon

Trophies
XP
Country
You actually responded to this thread! WOOOOOOO!

Seriously, the fact that 90% of the games will work (issues or not) is already awesome. Given the fact that you are essentially making Wii hacking history here, I actually expect the fully completed project to be awe-full!

P.S. The "falling on my lap" expression gave me a funny mental image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/6LyU76xArHc?si=_RDZgB1jHfKrZAiz