Not open for further replies.

jos90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not really.

Those who were willing to pay for it got a Wode years ago.
Those who didn't mind having only a handful of games ready to play (on SD) and the rest to be swapped out when needed went with DML.
Those who have a gamecube went with swiss.

So...yeah. There'll certainly be people interested when it's released, but the ones that really want to play GC games are already busy doing it.

Those who really want to play GC games probably already do it on their Wii, because it has this fancy thing called an MIOS which happens to allow gamecube compatibility :P /trollface

I don't know if your assertion could be taken so easily, you should think also to players who bought Nintendo Wii between last months of 2011 and 2012, i mean "Family Wii" , WE can't play in any case Gamecube titles due to the lack of retrocompatibility!

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really.

Those who didn't mind having only a handful of games ready to play (on SD) and the rest to be swapped out when needed went with DML.
Those who have a gamecube went with swiss.

So...yeah. There'll certainly be people interested when it's released, but the ones that really want to play GC games are already busy doing it.

Those who really want to play GC games probably already do it on their Wii, because it has this fancy thing called an MIOS which happens to allow gamecube compatibility :P /trollface

I don't know if your assertion could be taken so easily, you should think also to players who bought Nintendo Wii between last months of 2011 and 2012, i mean "Family Wii" , WE can't play in any case Gamecube titles due to the lack of retrocompatibility!

Yes obviously, but on Wevers points, he said

1) years ago, there were no family Wiis
2) dml won't work on the family Wiis

So, yes, these family wiis won't work, we will have to wait for devolution + wiiremote support

Reactions: 1 person

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question is, why would anyone need to use NTFS or WBFS for gamecube games? Most never exceed 1.35GB.

Well take into consideration there's other shit on their hard drive. Does that answer your question?
No. FAT32 is the universal filesystem that works on all Macs and PC's, plus can store files from any device!

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question is, why would anyone need to use NTFS or WBFS for gamecube games? Most never exceed 1.35GB.

Well take into consideration there's other shit on their hard drive. Does that answer your question?
No. FAT32 is the universal filesystem that works on all Macs and PC's, plus can store files from any device!

so you're just gonna ignore the fact that people have NTFS drives or pretend that NTFS doesn't exist ?

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

so you're just gonna ignore the fact that people have NTFS drives or pretend that NTFS doesn't exist ?
NTFS hardly has any advantages.

AKA

NO ADVANTAGES!

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Most people only use PCs with Windows.

AKA

NO ADVANTAGES!
NTFS = No 4 GB file size limit.

AKA

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

AKA

NO ADVANTAGES!

AKA

Yeah, but USB loaders can split every 4GB automatically.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

AKA

NO ADVANTAGES!

AKA

Yeah, but USB loaders can split every 4GB automatically.

I don't care what features it has or doesn't have. I use FAT32 myself. But you seem to ingore the fact that it exists and people use it. I don't care if devolution doesn't support it, because like I said i use FAT32. If I did want it, however, I wouldn't bitch about it, I would figure out how to add it myself

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
i have ntfs , and am too lazy to change it lol . so i wont be trying devo. for the few gamecube games i can be bothered to play an SD is fine. I just love to watch a genius at work .. and to lol at the fekkin morons that post some utter bilge in these threads. aka this post lol... come on tueidj the wiiU is coming lol.

will have to make the backwards compatible wii u that plays wii games but no GC .. play GC games .. in wii mode .. :) theres a challenge for ya .

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Some might switch from the less convinient methods.
Or might not even have started GC backup loading.

I for example still run my GC games from the original discs.
While running without them is more convinient I don't want to spend money on it.
Not having to switch between the three games I might actually play is simply not that much hassle.
Even if an SD to fit all of their five discs wouldn't be that expensive.
But if I could simply run them from the same HDD as my Wii games I would certainly give it a try.

Reactions: 1 person

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think everyone demanding NTFS support should instead of whining do something about it.
The best way to convince him to include NTFS support would be to present a library that can be used.
You should try to find/write/buy/whatever a small, ARM compatible, FOSS, non-copyleft library for NTFS support.
Demanding that he should write one himself is simply arrogant and first of all stupid.
Because its not going to happen. Even the two GPL NTFS implementations took decades to become usable despite multiple developers.
The Kernel one is still unusable by realistic standards.

Reactions: 4 people

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think everyone demanding NTFS support should instead of whining do something about it.
The best way to convince him to include NTFS support would be to present a library that can be used.
You should try to find/write/buy/whatever a small, ARM compatible, FOSS, non-copyleft library for NTFS support.
Demanding that he should write one himself is simply arrogant and first of all stupid.
Because its not going to happen. Even the two GPL NTFS implementations took decades to become usable despite multiple developers.
The Kernel one is still unusable by realistic standards.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Best comment so far...... :lol:

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Lets not get into a fucking format debate again. It does not matter anyways because devolution will not support NTFS.
Yeah, aside from the whole piracy debate, that was one of the biggest deraillers on this thread. Please don't start it again. This is a Devolution thread and it's already been made clear that it's not gonna happen with Devolution, anyway. Just drop it plz.

It's too bad the poll thread for that got closed, that way they could take their debate where it belongs. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SnowStormAkikaze @ SnowStormAkikaze: No, but the movie look fun XD