m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dont know if we got a icon or not but have had this one in the gallery for a how minute if needed
1ecylJa.png

https://imgur.com/a/CLbOKbY

I am 2 steps ahead of you! (already used that :P )
Edit: Added you to the main post btw

Last edited by m4xw,

ernieshmitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested a good chunk of Silent Hill 1.
Felt about 75% up to speed with v-sync. bout 85% with v-sync off.
otherwise super stable build

Unbelievably excited to see this thing faster and with audio.

Thanks again !!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

lifajucejo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@m4xw how would you prefer we get the Genesis GX Plus core added to your CI/CD? What branch are you currently releasing stable builds from? Have you had any luck with the input sampling/drops (or know where to look)? Thanks!

l_steve_l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested a good chunk of Silent Hill 1.
Felt about 75% up to speed with v-sync. bout 85% with v-sync off.
otherwise super stable build

Unbelievably excited to see this thing faster and with audio.

Thanks again !!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️
It really was just a PoC - someone was trying to port it and he fixed the code to pass the build phase.... there aren't plans to add audio to beetle-psx (or optimization) afaik (initial post about it)

Last edited by l_steve_l,
Reactions: m4xw

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It really was just a PoC - someone was trying to port it and he fixed the code to pass the build phase.... there aren't plans to add audio to beetle-psx (or optimization) afaik

100% correct, you earned a HTTP Cookie

But I didnt only let it pass the build phase, had to rework all the File access

But that might come in handy for future cores and fixing the snes9x mainline core

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@m4xw how would you prefer we get the Genesis GX Plus core added to your CI/CD? What branch are you currently releasing stable builds from? Have you had any luck with the input sampling/drops (or know where to look)? Thanks!

stable is develop and master

feature/threading is somewhat stable (not working in docked tho and issues < 4.1)

thread_full is the lasted threading + fullscreen branch

koogas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
<SNES9x2010>
Is there any way of playing co-op with two single joy-cons?
And also is it normal that it takes around 20 seconds to load a save state?
Besides that, thanks for your work it looks and feels great!

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
<SNES9x2010>
Is there any way of playing co-op with two single joy-cons?
And also is it normal that it takes around 20 seconds to load a save state?
Besides that, thanks for your work it looks and feels great!

I would need to change the joypad driver slightly.

Someone else can easiliy do it.

2. Yes they need that long (saving does nearly take that long too btw, but on the threading branch they load nearly instant; can't reommend that yet tho)

lifajucejo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe someone mentioned this earlier but I noticed that the input timings in fceumm from at least the latest CI autobuild may be slightly off as I found it very difficult to get back up when knocked down in Mike Tyson's Punch-Out for NES. This was with stock config. I presume the inputs may not be registering properly during each iteration (or I seriously suck!). To be sure, I benchmarked this in Track & Field for which I can generally get 950-1000 cm/sec in the 100-meter dash but despite hitting the A-button as quickly as I could I was only able to register in the 350-500 range.

I imagine if the discrepancy is indeed true, that it would be core specific or could it be retroarch-wide on libnx?

@m4xw I think I fixed the root cause. Patch provided if you want to apply. Testing looks good on my side.

(I knew I didn't lose my T&F skillz that quickly)

FYI: this patch should fix all cores; not sure if it's entirely related but even the retroarch menu seems to respond much better now

tldr; the current input mechanism only recognizes buttons pushed at the precise time they're polled resulting in potential lost input. This patch ensures buttons pressed leading up to the poll within a frame cycle are not dropped => much better responsiveness in games

EDIT: dpad was messed up on the first patch, 2nd patch fixes that!

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 286
  • hid_polling_fix2.patch.zip
    561 bytes · Views: 143
Last edited by lifajucejo,

hitodesu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway I can troubleshoot a game that refuses to load? I deleted the game and put back the raw version to find that it works but then to be betrayed by corrupted states... This happened after I did an in game save normally (save, quit content, quit retroarch). I even had backup states for this scenario and somehow those were effected...

Is there anything I can do? I still have the games original file that won't load but has all the data. Im really desperate I've spent so much time on it.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently on 4.1.0. i have access to a JIG and can load hekate. how do i load emulators? I understand the directory structure but do i have to load anything specifically in some sort of manner?

l_steve_l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently on 4.1.0. i have access to a JIG and can load hekate. how do i load emulators? I understand the directory structure but do i have to load anything specifically in some sort of manner?
SD Card > X:\Switch + HBL + Folder with EMU + Roms folder > Jig > RCM > Hekate > Album > Boot EMU

Edit: SD Card Files should have the structure built for you along with a HBL Build in there.... you can get one with a touch interface as well - just load the files on the SD Card no magic needed.

Last edited by l_steve_l,

crazy_p

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Last edited by crazy_p,

lifajucejo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@mx4w another observation is that cores should ideally have -march=armv8-a -mtune=cortex-a57 and remove -g

mame2003 for example seems to run a bit smoother that way (framerate stdev drops from around 20% to 10%)

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a fix for the weird pixelation effect I get in the top left corners of SNES9X games? It doesn't show up in screenshots otherwise I'd post one, but when walking around the pixels in the top-left corner kind of get scrambled into each other. It's very odd. I have vsync on, but other than that all my settings are stock.

l_steve_l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a fix for the weird pixelation effect I get in the top left corners of SNES9X games? It doesn't show up in screenshots otherwise I'd post one, but when walking around the pixels in the top-left corner kind of get scrambled into each other. It's very odd. I have vsync on, but other than that all my settings are stock.
If it is like a wave effect - you probably want a threaded build (if your into living on the wild side). The stable build I don't believe has been optimized to fix that yet - believe this is because of audio and video on the same thread (on the non-threaded stable build).

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Three questions:
  1. 4DO crashes the Switch with the Yabause config, modified with the BIOS loaded, as well as VSync off and threading on. Any fix or specific configuration needed to work?
  2. Any hope for a compiled build of Mednafen-PSX without the fullscreen hack on by default?
  3. Shouldn't anyone be working on why the current build of Yabause doesn't work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny