Homebrew DeSmuME Wii - DS Emulator for Wii in development.

luckwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just looked at the compatibility list. It looks as though the emulator is coming along very well. Good job to all the devs working on this.

Oh, and speaking of which, since we are asking full release date questions of the devs... You guys have any idea when the Playstation 5 is coming out? How about the Intel i13 processor? You know the one with 1TB RAM, and the 100GB graphics card? I was just wondering...

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luigi728 said:
I don't want to push anyone, but.. how are things going?
Yes, you wouldn't want anybody mocking your innocent question now would you?
glare.gif
I actually happen to have a little information though. This is from the blog of Arikado, who is working on the emulator:

Now onto DeSmuME Wii: Yes we are still working on it even though the SVN hasn't been very active lately. I've been working with Dancingninja to help him rewrite our 3D Renderer in pure GX (Wii video hardware calls). Even though it's not working completely yet, the speeds I am seeing now make Super Mario 64 DS and the Castlevanias more than playable. Hopefully they will remain at these speeds as the renderer is completed. Thank you very much for patience regarding this project. I would like it to have at least one major release by the time November hits.

the blog can be found here: http://arikadosblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't read this whole thread cause it's long. But are emulators able to be played on the Wii yet? The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks would be amazing.
laugh.gif

B

Bladeforce

This isnt going to go anywhere same as the dreamcast emu. I wouldnt get your hopes up for either running smoothly on the Wii at all. Like i said numerous times before the PSX emu is running ok and that hasone of the biggest parts missing in the meulation, cd audio

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I work three jobs and I take 7 classes now. Despite this, I helped some Chinese dude get DeSmuME Wii running on PS3 ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS5grrue2-U ) a few months back which has given me a ton of ideas for little speed boosts and other tweaks. What we really need is a dynarec, but the performance can still be turned up quite a bit I've found out.

And Bladeforce, no need troll. It won't make me work any faster
smile.gif
Last I checked, dynarec in nulldce was working and we have some fullspeed gameplay. This was back in the beginning of January. I've since stepped away from the project because I'm too busy to contribute to it anymore. I dont when drk will release it, but I know you'll be quite surprised whenver he does. Trust me, it runs much better than it does on Android.

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OArikadoO said:
I work three jobs and I take 7 classes now. Despite this, I helped some Chinese dude get DeSmuME Wii running on PS3 ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS5grrue2-U ) a few months back which has given me a ton of ideas for little speed boosts and other tweaks. What we really need is a dynarec, but the performance can still be turned up quite a bit I've found out.

smile.gif
Last I checked, dynarec in nulldce was working and we have some fullspeed gameplay. This was back in the beginning of January. I've since stepped away from the project because I'm too busy to contribute to it anymore. I dont when drk will release it, but I know you'll be quite surprised whenver he does. Trust me, it runs much better than it does on Android.

Hey I just wanted to let you know that I frequently check your blog for updates on DeSmuME Wii. I know you're working on several things and you're really busy, so kudos to you for getting done all that you have, but I really want this thing to work already. I'm not really complaining (I know it's coming off like that), just letting you know how much I'm looking forward to the release. Are there any other blogs or websites I should be checking for updates on the project?

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I guess you can always hang around the SVN ( http://code.google.com/p/desmumewii ) updates tab. Without going into too much detail scanff really cant contribute to it too much anymore and dancingninja has mostly stepped away from it for a number of personal reasons. Yes, I'm busy as can be now but no I'm not going to step away from it. It would be nice to get more developers working on it, but I will eventually get it boosted up myself; Just not anytime soon. It bothers me just as much if not more than it bothers you
frown.gif

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well given the circumstances it's understandable that it'll take a while. Just know that you'll be making a lot of people very happy when it does finally come out
smile.gif

B

Bladeforce

OArikadoO said:

smile.gif

Until i see proof of this i call false on this, i have looked into both DS and DC emulation on the Wii and it just doesnt have the horsepower to play at decent rates with FULL emulation unless you have a special Wii that has a completely different chipset. It's ok saying NullDC was working, was that on the PC because i guarantee it's not full speed on the Wii (Believe me) It's not trolling it's being VERY realistic and not dragging people along
smile.gif

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Bladeforce said:
OArikadoO said:

smile.gif

Until i see proof of this i call false on this, i have looked into both DS and DC emulation on the Wii and it just doesnt have the horsepower to play at decent rates with FULL emulation unless you have a special Wii that has a completely different chipset. It's ok saying NullDC was working, was that on the PC because i guarantee it's not full speed on the Wii (Believe me) It's not trolling it's being VERY realistic and not dragging people along
smile.gif

See this. It's NullDCe running on Android devices. If Wii is like 2 or even 3 times more powerful than an Android device, can it run that like 2 or even 3 times better?

Arikado is now one of my Wii homebrew heroes!

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Juanmatron said:
Bladeforce said:
OArikadoO said:

smile.gif

smile.gif

See this. It's NullDCe running on Android devices. If Wii is like 2 or even 3 times more powerful than an Android device, can it run that like 2 or even 3 times better?

I'd say the wii could probably do it but the wii isn't really more powerful than that android phone. The phone has a 1 GHz processor whereas the wii's ppc processor is only 729 MHz. The phone also has half a GB of ram and the wii only has 88MB of ram.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Juanmatron said:

As the above poster pointed out, you're more likely to find an android device that's 2 to 3 times more powerful than the wii - not just the CPU and RAM, but also the framebuffer size and storage space.

(Not sure why you're thanking Arikado either, why not thank the people who actually did the work?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/7EqY4iZP4iI?si=SnXrNV8JyKnbrp9j