DeSmuME Wii - DS Emulator for Wii in development.

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by wiiman123, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    If you want the source code, you should use a SVN client.

If you want the emulator in a working state, you will have to wait for the next release announcement, they are still changing many files.
    Of course you can try to build and test the current versions. If you are on windows I recommend TortoiseSVN to make a copy of the source to your computer.

2. panmusic

panmusic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 11, 2009
    Greece
    As it seems,r210-230 are pretty HUGE steps in performance!
    I find it strange that noone has tried to compile the latest revisions yet...

Anyway,I visit the google code page every day in anticipation for their next release!!!
    God bless them!

3. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    It is good to know but If you didnt know about desmume and N64 emulator was in the work for PS3.. A emulator called MednafenPS3: and the developer are working hard for those things... They are quicker:

Very exciting.

4. Jacobeian

Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 15, 2008
    Cuba
    what make you think so ?
    All I see is that they are in the process of updating Desmume to the last official version available (0.9.7).
    This does not necessarily means more speed or more performance, and generally is the contrary (see snes9x 1.5 vs snes9x 1.4)

5. panmusic

Sep 11, 2009
    Greece
    Well,I didn't know that... DeSmumeWii has not seen a public release for the last 15 months while the google code page is active.So,I thought that after so much time,they will release 0.9.7 and the progress will be significant...My bad. [​IMG]

6. StupidGamer1

StupidGamer1 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 30, 2010
    United States
    So the emulator is being worked on the PS3, Shouldn't post that crap here it crushes our dreams of seeing a playable Ds on our wii. Thanks alot! *Bitter*

7. OArikadoO

OArikadoO GBAtemp Regular

Dec 30, 2009
    United States
    USA
    DeSmuME Wii (literally DeSmuME Wii, not DeSmuME) was ported to the PS3 a long time ago : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS5grrue2-U . I have no idea if it ever saw release or what the status of the project is. I still have several builds of the source code to it.

And it's nice to see people finally paying attention to DeSmuME Wii's changelogs [​IMG] We're doing a lot of cool things with it. It's overdue for another "official" release; We just need to fix up our audio core to be compatible with newer libogc updates (too much static in the audio right now) before the emulator is of high enough quality to make an "official" release once again.

8. panmusic

Sep 11, 2009
    Greece

This is excellent news,Arikado!!! [​IMG]

May I ask about the current progress?Is emulator's speed increased?Are some 3D games finally playable at near full speed?

9. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Yeah when Arikado speaks, good things comes =D

10. hack3r

hack3r Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2009
    United States
    SO glad to hear an update with such good news [​IMG]

11. StupidGamer1

StupidGamer1 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 30, 2010
    United States
    didn't expect that kind of update at all! Thanks Arikado!

12. catuligbat

catuligbat Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2010
    Colombia
    in place i dont know it
  13. iSubaru

iSubaru Kitsune

Apr 14, 2009
    Poland
    Gensokyo
    Hmm seems like it's still going on, I may give him one more chance, maybe it will work better now after so much time has passed...

14. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Tested this out this evening, amazing progress! managed to play professor leyton! video lags a bit but it was freaking awesome!

15. panmusic

Sep 11, 2009
    Greece
    Unfortunately,NSMB is now totally unplayable.... :(

16. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Seeing as http://desmume.org/ posted on 09/04/12
    I thought I would give this a bump, as I am fully eager for another release!

17. Shano56

Shano56 noobie

Apr 29, 2010
    United States
    change log seems boring "There's a brand new top shelf Cocoa frontend to make life far more pleasant for OSX users, and a host of compatibility fixes." I dont have OSX

18. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom

19. Shano56

Shano56 noobie

Apr 29, 2010
    United States
    where did you find that :O

20. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    http://dl.qj.net/nin...smume-v098.html

I understand most of these changes are cosmetic, and wouldnt apply to the wii at all, but its promising that there are a few bug fixes (although that probably doesn't equate to higher compatibility, but may improve speed in previously unplayable games)

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted