Homebrew DeSmuME Wii - DS Emulator for Wii in development.

secretchaos1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So it sounds like compatibility has really shot up. It'd be nice to get a compiled version of the newest rev, I can never figure out how to compile stuff properly, not even sure where to begin in that regard.
EDIT: Well, I found a guide and tried compiling myself but I get the same error as the poster above me.

Excelsiior

Trophies
Website
www.nanolx.org
XP
Country
Germany
Those are caused by unresolved merge conflicts.

grep ">>>>" **/*.cpp | uniq | gawk -F \: '{print $1}'

says the following files have them:

Code:
source/src/cp15.cpp
source/src/debug.cpp
source/src/filebrowser.cpp
source/src/gfx3d.cpp
source/src/GPU.cpp
source/src/GXRender.cpp
source/src/mc.cpp
source/src/MMU.cpp
source/src/NDSSystem.cpp
source/src/rasterize.cpp
source/src/rtc.cpp
source/src/saves.cpp
source/src/thumb_instructions.cpp

I'm currently fixing stuff locally... maybe I'll provide a patch, if I get it to work...

secretchaos1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried the rev just before and no luck with it either. I'll just be patient until you can get that patch of yours working.

ECSS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
in r239
Big update time!
- Updated a lot of macros and little things
- Dramatically changed some MMU code
- Actually updated some of the code to 0.9.8 version! Huzzah!
http://code.google.com/p/desmumewii/source/detail?r=239

O_O

secretchaos1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I must be doing something wrong when I compile it, I'm still getting the same error as before.
EDIT: I decided to take a crack at making it compile myself, it seems like the code for the conflicting file is really messy. Just cleaning up stuff where errors are occuring and I'll see if I can get it working
Nevermind, I don't have enough knowledge about DS emulation to know what's going on, half the time I'm just making educated guesses on stuff. With how many issues there are it's probably better I just wait until someone more qualified gets to it.

Excelsiior

Trophies
Website
www.nanolx.org
XP
Country
Germany
... seems we have been looking on the wrong brach, checkout this way:

Code:
svn checkout http://desmumewii.googlecode.com/svn/branches/GCC-Update desmumewii

currently compiling rev239 - let's see...

Edit: one thing to fix, if you use newest libogc:

in source/src/main.cpp in line 285 change

Code:
TVPal576IntDfScale

to

Code:
TVPal574IntDfScale

secretchaos1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Awesome, thanks so much Excelsior, I'll be giving it a test right away.
Edit: Well it works. Speed if definitely improved from the last time I used it, Yoshi's Island DS is slow, but playable. Mega Man ZX worked, seemed a bit too slow though. Sonic Rush is also slow but playable.
Didn't there used to be an option to adjust the screen placements? I swear you could view like, one at a time, or put them sideways and stuff...

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well,here are my initial impressions with r240.

-New Super Mario Bros : It is running with no graphical glitches but super slow.It seems that the game runs at 1/4 of its speed.

-Mario & Luigi Partners in Time : It is the most playable game.Acceptable speed and sound.

-Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inseide Story : It's pretty weird that while the game is 2d,it has serious speed issues.It runs so slow that it is unplayable.

-Another Code : Ok,this was a surprise for me that this game is even running.Slow but not in atrocious levels.Playable?It depends for your patience.

-Apollo Justice : Acceptable speed and this is a very good sign because this game was not running in previous versions.The speed again is acceptable but after the intro there is no sound.

-Super Mario 64 DS : I tried it once but after the intro the emu crashed and returned to HBC.

Well,this is a nice boost in performance from previous versions.Keep in mind that the most playable games run at around 50% speed.As I can see,Dancininja has resumed working on DesMume Wii but he is left alone,alas.
It is almost impossible for one man alone (even if he is pretty talented as Dancininja) to achieve a DS emulator with decent speed for Wii.In the past,team work has made wonders for Wii emu scene (Wii64 team for example) and I would like to see talented people assisting Dancininja to his heroic task,even some members from Wii64 team.

As of now,I wish any luck and success to dancininja,I thank him for his dedication and offer to all of us who do not have any programming skills and knowledge.

P.S r241 is up. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf