Homebrew DeSmuME Wii - DS Emulator for Wii in development.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
VashTS said:
[ i have a ds phat and lite so i don't really need this too much, but i would love to fool around with it.

get a room
tongue.gif

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
To be honest,I am willing to test every rom I have with every new revision available,but I can't afford the hassle to manage my SD card everytime.How difficult and time consuming is to organize the saves in a subfolder?Please....

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
panmusic said:
To be honest,I am willing to test every rom I have with every new revision available,but I can't afford the hassle to manage my SD card everytime.How difficult and time consuming is to organize the saves in a subfolder?Please....
I don't understand the problem with managing the SD card and save files (and this is just a beta, the saves are where they are, it's working fine).

Put all your roms you want to test on the SD card, keep the saves where they are.
Of course, if you are willing to test all the existing DS roms until now, you will need more than an SDcard (hey, USB is working too .... but slower for me).
You don't need to remove/reinsert the SD on every new revision, just use Wiiload to run the .dol

farcry15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cwstjdenobs said:
Cyan said:
You don't need to remove/reinsert the SD on every new revision, just use Wiiload to run the .dol

+1

I think people forget just how useful wiiload is.
i tried that with transmitmii yesterday, and it was very annoying to have to run to the computer and resend the dol every ten seconds

EDIT:
why does this thread die for a day everytime i post?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
*ok, let's wait 1 more day now*
No, joking
tongue.gif

(I'm often the one making a thread dying)

I see the devs changed a lot of thing in the 3D gfx and Fifo memory.
I'm yet to try the new changes. I didn't have time these few days (power supply problems).

erolz

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
can get this working
frown.gif
i tried 2 zelda roms and mario roms.. they all wont work and give me a black screen with anoying sound..

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It is too early to try games with heavy 3D engines.My feelings are complicated at the moment as I am very excited for the project but on the other hand I feel that it is almost impossible to accomplice a DS emulator with great speed and compatibility...:-(

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we should wait until they said something about 3D engines improvement. Try to give it about 2 weeks or so. No hurry. Be patient.
smile.gif

night_chrono

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am sure thus has been asked, but I don't have the time to read through 33 pages of posts so here it goes:

Would it be possible to have this communicate with a physical ds for multiplayer? What about wifi play?

I know its not in the current build but I am asking if it is possible at all. I would think so because of the 802.11b in the Wii.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
night_chrono said:
So I am sure thus has been asked, but I don't have the time to read through 33 pages of posts so here it goes:

Would it be possible to have this communicate with a physical ds for multiplayer? What about wifi play?

I know its not in the current build but I am asking if it is possible at all. I would think so because of the 802.11b in the Wii.

No, not right now. I asked this question before, and Arikado told me that no one has found a way for Homebrew to communicate with the ds. So unless someone does or Arikado and his team figure it out, it isn't gonna happen.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tonitonichopchop said:
No, not right now. I asked this question before, and Arikado told me that no one has found a way for Homebrew to communicate with the ds. So unless someone does or Arikado and his team figure it out, it isn't gonna happen.
Someone who could "easily" do it is Stephen (DSwifi lib author which found and documented DS wifi and created the lib for homebrewers).
On his last blog's message, he says he want to go back to DS wifi research this year. But he is always busy and pushing back the releases date of all his project.
He wanted to create a DS Wifi tunnel (to play local DS game (like with sending demo to other DS) over internet through Access Point), but never completed it.

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
r141 should have most games working really pretty well. It fixes all of the 2D issues in which some things wouldn't be rendered (NSMB invisible sprites for instance). There's also been a speed increase by dancingninja getting rid of a significant unneeded code.

I would appreciate a little feedback on r141. (like if this fixes the invisible sprites in sonic rush)

Right now scanff and I are working super hard on getting all 3D to be rendered perfectly (there are some missing textures and screwed up colors in some places).

@DStoWii Communication
Not unless someone makes it happen. blasty (significant Twiizers member) put months and months into it and couldnt come up with anything. And if he can't, believe me when I say no one can.

@Subfolder for saves
It'll definitely happen. My main priority atm is fixing 3D. Perhaps one of the devs more involved with the front-end rather than the core will get around to doing it before I get around to doing it. Good things take time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1