Homebrew Deleting Wii U user without NID password?

YuushiDaSuushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This thread is great. I had a friend's account whom I wanted off, and I was able to get it off with the ftp method.

However, what screen in specific do you press x/y on?
When you get to the screen where it tells you that you can't use the nnid with the console, hold x and y. Then, press ok while holding it, and that should unlink the nnid from the acc. However, if the NNID does work with the console, by chance, it won't work since the NNID prompt about not being able to use it doesn't show up.

Reactions: Firexploit

kram72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried deleting the folder a few times and changing the 8xxxxxxxx number to 00, but every time it came back. I finally got frustrated and deleted every instance of the unwanted account in every folder I could find. usr/ sys/ boss/ all of them. I then edited the common.dat file and left everything in its place but changed the unwanted account to 00.
PersistentIdList=80000001\08000007\00\00\00\00\00\00\00\00\00\00\0
PersistentIdList=00\08000007\00\00\00\00\00\00\00\00\00\00\0
It worked. It was finally gone and a single Mii stood in the center.

Naendow

Brick-Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey :)

I have 2 accounts on my Wii U, but I want to remove one of it.
The thing is that I've bought a few games with the unwanted one. Is there a way to delete it without removing / breaking the games? If not, is there a way to hide it?

Alexpwp

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried deleting the folder a few times and changing the 8xxxxxxxx number to 00, but every time it came back. I finally got frustrated and deleted every instance of the unwanted account in every folder I could find. usr/ sys/ boss/ all of them. I then edited the common.dat file and left everything in its place but changed the unwanted account to 00.
PersistentIdList=80000001\08000007\00\00\00\00\00\00\00\00\00\00\0
PersistentIdList=00\08000007\00\00\00\00\00\00\00\00\00\00\0
It worked. It was finally gone and a single Mii stood in the center.
I've tried this, and for some reason it's not working. I deleted every single folder I could find, and then changed the PersistentIdList to suit the changes. When I restarted my Wii U, the users were still there.

djcracka36

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried this, and for some reason it's not working. I deleted every single folder I could find, and then changed the PersistentIdList to suit the changes. When I restarted my Wii U, the users were still there.

Resurrecting this guy again. I've tried it all as well.

1) Just deleting the folder
2) Deleting the folder and modifying the common file
3) Doing both of these AND deleting every single instance of 8000002 (used the remote file search feature in Filezilla to be thorough)

Spinning my wheels now. Not sure why this works for some, but not for others.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Resurrecting this guy again. I've tried it all as well.

1) Just deleting the folder
2) Deleting the folder and modifying the common file
3) Doing both of these AND deleting every single instance of 8000002 (used the remote file search feature in Filezilla to be thorough)

Spinning my wheels now. Not sure why this works for some, but not for others.
I'm not sure, but back when I was trying to delete the folder to prevent automatic updates, I noticed it would come back if I didn't completely exit out of homebrew and return back to the Wii U menu before rebooting the system.

GladiusX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys please help me! I hope someone Will read this at 2019. I want to reset parental pin and make a new user account. Here is my problem, I don't know what is the parental pin is, and neither the account password so I'm unable to access the Wii u . Here's the story, I have a second hand Wiiu, bought from someone that I have no communications anymore. So I noticed that it is locked with parental pin so I'm unable to make a new a account so I didn't bother and used his account. But now my 3 year old boy some how managed to log out that account without knowing. So now everytime I turn on the Wii u it asks for the user password, if i click forgot it just sends a temporary password to the old owner's email. And if I add new user it just asks for a 4 digit parental pin... I don't know what to do now... anyway my Wii u is nodded with cold boot haxchi. Please help me

GizzmoJones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guys please help me! I hope someone Will read this at 2019. I want to reset parental pin and make a new user account. Here is my problem, I don't know what is the parental pin is, and neither the account password so I'm unable to access the Wii u . Here's the story, I have a second hand Wiiu, bought from someone that I have no communications anymore. So I noticed that it is locked with parental pin so I'm unable to make a new a account so I didn't bother and used his account. But now my 3 year old boy some how managed to log out that account without knowing. So now everytime I turn on the Wii u it asks for the user password, if i click forgot it just sends a temporary password to the old owner's email. And if I add new user it just asks for a 4 digit parental pin... I don't know what to do now... anyway my Wii u is nodded with cold boot haxchi. Please help me

Contact Nintendo directly, they helped me with a master key to remove parental controls on a console I purchased

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi all, I’m very new to the forum etc but I think this is where I need to be. Is there no “simple” way to remove an account on a Wii U I bought which has a Nintendo ID linked? Do I have to someone get into the coding? If so, how??

gustavok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
View attachment 110265

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Each folder is a different account. Click on folder and view/edit account.dat to look at information. When you find the correct one delete the folder example 800001, 800002, 800003, etc. Then restart wii u
i know am very late but how do i get to this storage_mlc folder? i looked through all the folders and didn't find any with this name

D

Deleted User

So i've been wanting to do this also but filezilla won't let me go to storage_mlc, how do i get to the wii u files?

D

Deleted User

Which version of FTPiiU do you use?
the one from homebrew app store

also, the reason i want to delete a user is i'm user 2 and i want to be user 1 so i can use more MK8 codes. Is deleting user 1 safe, and will it make user 2 "user 1"?

(sorry if thats confusing)

Naendow

Brick-Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not sure about your question, but there are several versions of FTPiiU on the appstore. If you use CBHC, you need FTPiiU Everywhere for CBHC.

D

Deleted User

Not sure about your question, but there are several versions of FTPiiU on the appstore. If you use CBHC, you need FTPiiU Everywhere for CBHC.
oh i just got the first one i saw. i dont think it said everywhere

do you atleast know if deleting user 1 is safe ?

D

Deleted User

I would think so, but I do not have any knowledge about the user management on the Wii U. :/
ok. if it doesnt work, can i put the files back to what they originally would and would it get fixed? or would that not work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol