darkangel5000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hiyo!
Actually I've had this problem for quite some time:
My Wii U game pad is stuttering like crazy, coming up with "Connection unstable" or "Connection lost" errors.

It's had this error since the launch, but I thought it to be a firmware bug that would be fixed in the near future. Well, as it turns out, it surely wasn't.

Now I'm not quite sure which part of the console is defective: The console itself or only the game pad?
Since it's still covered under guarantee, I should be fine sending it to Nintendo - but, and thats a HUGE but, the Wii from which I transferred the data for the vWii was softmodded. I tried to delete any cIOS, cMIOS and other softmod-traces before I updated to 4.3E and transferred the data - but still I'm not sure if Nintendo can detect a thing and be like "Well, you see your Wii was hacked at some point, so... nope. Thats €250 then."

So... is anybody out here who sent in a Wii U with previously softmodded Wii data? Does Nintendo even check for these things anymore?

It'd be nice if someone could help me out. Thanks guys and gals :3

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do wiimotes work correctly? do you have issues with your wifi connection? I read somewhere i dont know if its true but i read if you do the wii to wii u transfer with a softmodded wii when nintendo checks your wii u they find traces of homebrew. I would try sending in just the gamepad first. If its a problem with the console nintendo will probably not check for homebrew because its a gamepad problem not vwii problem and you have had this problem since you bought it.

darkangel5000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
>Do wiimotes work correctly? do you have issues with your wifi connection?
Yep and nope.

>I read somewhere i dont know if its true but i read if you do the wii to wii u transfer with a softmodded wii when nintendo checks your wii u they find traces of homebrew.
Mhh... so it would've never completed the transfer, if it found traces of the softmod?

>I would try sending in just the gamepad first.
Alright. I'd like to hear some opinions from people from the EU too, but I think that's how I'm going to do it.

>If its a problem with the console nintendo will probably not check for homebrew because its a gamepad problem not vwii problem
I'm not quite sure... Nintendo has always checked the hardware (and updated the firmware) of the Wii - even if it was just the dirty laser-problem.

>and you have had this problem since you bought it.
I don't think Nintendo is going to care. They'll be like "Yeah, cool story. But... WHY THE LOVE DIDN'T YOU SEND IT, THE MOMENT YOU SAW THAT THERE'S SOME KIND OF DEFECT GOING ON, IN?!"

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a friend with a wii u if so borrow the gamepad and test it then you will know if its the console or the gamepad. If not it sounds like your problem is the gamepad not the console send in just the gamepad tell them to fix it.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've never had that. I've had it where sometimes when I turn the power on with the GamePad, the WiiU doesn't turn on but the pad does. I'm too lazy to try a resync.

momocop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Defective Console and gamepad. Send the whole thing into Nintendo. Console, gamepad and powerbrick. Send all those in. I had similar issues where my Gamepad could not connect or maintain connection to the Wii U. Sound stutters are a little common but in your case, its very severe.

Send it to Warranty Repairs. If you have modded your vWii, dont mention the vWii part, and they wont even bother to look. Just delete the any channels that were homebrew. Pack it up and send it in.

Good luck.

darkangel5000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you have a friend with a wii u i
I don't have any friends ;_;

Just curious, Have you tried to re-sync it to see if that fixes the problem?
Multiple times. Didn't work.

is your Wii U near a microwave, CRT TV, or any other interference-generating device?
Nope. I even plugged out every other electronic device there is in my room, except for the WiiU and my TV to see if anything is emitting radio noise.

Defective Console and gamepad. Send the whole thing into Nintendo. Console, gamepad and powerbrick. Send all those in. I had similar issues where my Gamepad could not connect or maintain connection to the Wii U. Sound stutters are a little common but in your case, its very severe.

Send it to Warranty Repairs. If you have modded your vWii, dont mention the vWii part, and they wont even bother to look. Just delete the any channels that were homebrew. Pack it up and send it in.

Good luck.
Thank you, I'm going to send the whole package on monday or tuesday to Nintendo.

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
before you do that, set up Wii U up in a different room entirely, if it stops then it's something in the room you have it in that sets it off, or are you near a military or air base? always think of the possibilities.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Overclock your PS3!!! lol