Misc Debunking the banwave claims that seemed to be going around

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 24,792
  • Replies 174

Did you get banned today or a few days ago on a public or private see?

• My public seed got banned

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • My private seed got banned

Votes: 20 55.6%

• Total voters

Clothahump

Trophies
XP
Country
From what people are saying on thread at r/3dshacks; the ban is for anyone who pirated/ripped USUM then used the official eshop to update to 1.2 is banned

This can't be the trigger because while I do have US and UM, and both of them on 1.2, I did not update through the eShop and I still got banned.

gman7326

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
swim got a new 2ds first week of JAN 18, been using freeshop and only game played online was UM and got banned 15/02/18. :cry: using private seed

PowerBall253

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: gman7326

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to check whether a LFCS_B is valid without putting it into a 3DS? By that I mean, check if it works with Nintendos Servers? Because if so, you could brute-force one until you get one that is a copy of one that already exists.

D

Deleted User

OP
I sudjest everyone to use a public seed if you want to keep your private seed unharmed untill we figure out the real banwave trigger.If your private seed hasn't been hit yet,it's only a matter of time until it gets hit by the random waves that happen several months later.Spotpass and other theorys from the wave before this one have been proven wrong thanks to this new wave.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is it possible to check whether a LFCS_B is valid without putting it into a 3DS? By that I mean, check if it works with Nintendos Servers? Because if so, you could brute-force one until you get one that is a copy of one that already exists.
I don't think so.

Last edited by ,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
You're not going to brute force an RSA signature. :P

teelo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Sounds like they got pissed off with not selling enough USUM copies so bundled anti-cfw checks into the recent patch.

Glad I hadn't gotten around to patching it yet. Cause I pirated it. After the shit games S/M turned out to be, they don't deserve the cost of a full game for USUM.

Reactions: Deleted User

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Would it be possible to take two banned seeds, mix together the data in the hex editor and get random working seeds? I know that is underhanded and could get innocent people's seeds banned if it ends up being similar to a private one, but it could be useful in general...

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Would it be possible to take two banned seeds, mix together the data in the hex editor and get random working seeds? I know that is underhanded and could get innocent people's seeds banned if it ends up being similar to a private one, but it could be useful in general...
Two wrongs don't make a right :P

But seriously, no.

ry755

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not banned yet.:DI don't have any Pokemon games. I do sometimes use homebrew while online, so I know I'll get banned eventually.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Everyone who's not banned yet really should switch to a public seed temporarily until this dies down to avoid anything happening to their private one.

Reactions: IC_

ry755

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone who's not banned yet really should switch to a public seed temporarily until this dies down to avoid anything happening to their private one.

A public seed is one downloaded from online? To switch to a public one, I just need the LocalFriendcodeSeed_B file, right? (while keeping a backup of the original one) I'm still pretty new to the modding scene, so I'm still catching up on how everything works.

Last edited by ry755,

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A public seed is one downloaded from online? To switch to a public one, I just need the LocalFriendcodeSeed_B file, right (while keeping a backup of the original one)? I'm still pretty new to the modding scene, so I'm still catching up on how everything works.
Yeah. Also change your serial number in your SecureInfo file, open it with GM9's hexeditor, at at the end, all the rest will appear to be garbage (I believe it's region-related info).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*