'Death Stranding' E3 Trailer

Discussion in 'PS4 - Games & Content' started by Prans, Jun 12, 2018.

Front-page
    death stranding.JPG

Hideo Kojima teased his fans with the upcoming Death Stranding E3 trailer some weeks before the event on his Twitter account. The trailer was finally screened during Sony's E3 conference and boy, does it emanate some classic Kojima weirdness: the whooping 8 minutes trailer has cryptic messages, invisible monsters with giant hands, a naked Norman Reedus and a worm eating Léa Seydoux; all leaving more questions than answers... See it for yourself:

Death Stranding has no release window but the game is going to be a PS4 exclusive.

Discussion (13 replies)
  1. AdamFX990

AdamFX990 Confused Humanoid

Jan 22, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Santraginus V
    Plot twist: This was an elaborate ruse and they actually going to release Silent Hills. /s

Stephano and Prans like this.
  2. Zumoly

Zumoly GBATemp Analyst

Apr 27, 2018
    Mali
    Yorosso
    No! Not this again! I bought the Nintendo Switch to get away from the unbearable expectation (hoping for ports) /deception (stripped down versions of premium games) experienced by mobile gamers (iOS especially).
    Now I feel like when I was gaming on the PC back in the days (your RAM, CPU, GPU is never enough! You gotta upgrade every once in a while to enjoy modern titles)!
    Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be like this for the Switch:switch::unsure::(

Edit: Amazing (detail-wise) but disturbing game!

Last edited by Zumoly, Jun 12, 2018
  3. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    I'm pretty sure that it's just a temporary exclusive: the game will get pc steam release too.

4. Prans
    OP

Prans Geek, gamer, human

pip Reporter
    Apr 22, 2012
    There itself.
    A PC version was mentioned at the very beginning when the game was announced iirc but no word on it afterwards and the trailer has the PS4-exclusive logo as well. But I do hope that it will release on PCs or else I'll have to get a PS4 :yayps3:

king_leo likes this.
  5. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    it's same story as Nioh, it's will eventually come to pc sooner or later. one thing for sure is that Kojima will certainly keep you waiting :)

Prans likes this.
  6. Prans
    OP

Prans Geek, gamer, human

pip Reporter
    Apr 22, 2012
    There itself.
    more like later and even then the PS4 version doesn't look like it'll be out any time soon :/

7. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Typical Kojima, always jacking off Sony. It was probably Konami's decision to make Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain multi-platform. I guess they did something right.

8. McWhiters9511

McWhiters9511 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    this looks better every time i see more. im so pumped. will literally buy a ps4 for this game

Prans likes this.
  9. Lazyt

Lazyt Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2011
    despite the fact how much i hated sony ill literally do the same thing

McWhiters9511 likes this.
  10. Lazyt

Lazyt Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2011
    ok i did it i literally bought ps4 even thoug this game releases next year..

11. aqlp091

aqlp091 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2018
    Canada
    Looking forward to this.

12. Hi-Dro

Hi-Dro GBAtemp Regular

Jun 29, 2016
    Honestly I'm glad that is the case, They always looked better on sony hardware anyway, Plus everyone across all platforms got to see what a mess MGSv is.
    Metal Gear Died with the end of 4 for me, it ties everything up so nicely ;)

I'm actually really looking forward to the film too ( I never say that about video game movies, but after watching this I'm freaking excited)

13. Can't wait for this game.

Prans likes this.