Norman Reedus says he's "just started" working on Death Stranding 2

Death-Stranding-Reedus-Kojima.jpg

In an interview with entertainment website Leo a few days ago, Norman Reedus casually announced that he's begun working on a sequel to Death Stranding. The interview was promoting Reedus' upcoming novel and mostly focused on that and his upcoming Walking Dead spinoff, with only a little attention given to his video game work. But when the interviewer prompts Reedus to talk about Death Stranding, he blurts out "We just started the second one."

The sequel isn't discussed any further, as they instead delve into how Reedus first became involved with Kojima (through their mutual collaborator Guillermo del Toro) and the process of filming for a video game. "It took me maybe two or three years to finish all the MoCap sessions and everything. It takes a lot of work. And then the game came out, and it just won all these awards, and it was a huge thing," says Reedus, before casually adding again, "so we just started part two of that."

Given the casual nature of the reveal and lack of details, it's possible Reedus didn't know this hadn't already been announced, or was simply slipping it in to help draw attention to an interview focused on his novel. Either way, that seems to be all the information we'll be getting for now and, if Reedus' estimation of "two or three years" to film the game is accurate, it's likely we won't be seeing Death Stranding 2 any time soon.

:arrow: Source

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what Kojima is working on next? Why can't he go make a survival horror game to be the spiritual Silent Hills they teased us with so long ago instead? I'm happy for people that like Death Stranding, but as someone who isn't a fan of the game, it feels like Kojima is wasting his talents on this title.

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I kinda enjoyed Death Stranding as a concept and the art is amazing, but it all rubbed off as pretentious and futile. Love Kojima but not excited for this one. I wished he created something different.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Classic Kojima. It's like he could tell from the long-term hype that the game would be successful sales-wise, that he didn't waste time and started writing a sequel.
MGS all over again.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Classic Kojima. It's like he could tell from the long-term hype that the game would be successful sales-wise, that he didn't waste time and started writing a sequel.
MGS all over again.
Not a fan of the game tbf.

But whats this, your moaning that a game gets a sequel....

Its not MGS all over again, id hate to inform you, but this is what happens when a game or movie does well..... they get a sequel.

At least this will have some story to tell and isnt just some recycled shit that devs crap out each year, COD, FIFA, AC, FC which I bet you play these.

Anyway, I was looking forward to this title, but it provided nothing to encourage me to buy it at launch and I waited ages before buying it.

And when I eventually did buy it, I cant see what all the hype is about, obviously fans of kojima that are saying this game is excellent.

As a fan myself, I dont share the same opinion, I found the game very boring from the start and have tried to play the game, but I dont think running around with over the top, ridiculous luggage on your back, avoiding black sludge things is entertaining.

And no doubt I bet it will also come with the typical kojima very complicated story thats not needed and could be told in lamer terms without hours of cutscenes.

Reactions: xoINARIox

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait wait wait,what about that spin off of twd he was supposed to do?
Unfortunately that is still going ahead, but thanks to Norman's stubbornness, he spat his dummy out and demanded filming be done closer to him.

But that then meant mcbride had to travel even further, rather than norman meet in the middle, or stick to the networks intended shoot location as planned, still spits his dummy out.

So mcbride pulls out.

Not that I am bothered tbf, amc are milking this show to death, I cant wait for the show to fuck off completely, gimple and kang have completely destroyed the show.

I am glad the main show is finally over, lost interest many seasons ago and only watched it because there was nothing else, but it got that bad that I haven't even bothered watching the last 2 seasons and probably won't.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what Kojima is working on next? Why can't he go make a survival horror game to be the spiritual Silent Hills they teased us with so long ago instead? I'm happy for people that like Death Stranding, but as someone who isn't a fan of the game, it feels like Kojima is wasting his talents on this title.
When kojima and del torro was working on silent hills and Konami pulled the plug, this is what they both came up with instead.

Hence why del torro is in the game.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not a fan of the game tbf.

But whats this, your moaning that a game gets a sequel....

Its not MGS all over again, id hate to inform you, but this is what happens when a game or movie does well..... they get a sequel.

At least this will have some story to tell and isnt just some recycled shit that devs crap out each year, COD, FIFA, AC, FC which I bet you play these.

Anyway, I was looking forward to this title, but it provided nothing to encourage me to buy it at launch and I waited ages before buying it.

And when I eventually did buy it, I cant see what all the hype is about, obviously fans of kojima that are saying this game is excellent.

As a fan myself, I dont share the same opinion, I found the game very boring from the start and have tried to play the game, but I dont think running around with over the top, ridiculous luggage on your back, avoiding black sludge things is entertaining.

And no doubt I bet it will also come with the typical kojima very complicated story thats not needed and could be told in lamer terms without hours of cutscenes.
Unfortunately that is still going ahead, but thanks to Norman's stubbornness, he spat his dummy out and demanded filming be done closer to him.

But that then meant mcbride had to travel even further, rather than norman meet in the middle, or stick to the networks intended shoot location as planned, still spits his dummy out.

So mcbride pulls out.

Not that I am bothered tbf, amc are milking this show to death, I cant wait for the show to fuck off completely, gimple and kang have completely destroyed the show.

I am glad the main show is finally over, lost interest many seasons ago and only watched it because there was nothing else, but it got that bad that I haven't even bothered watching the last 2 seasons and probably won't.
When kojima and del torro was working on silent hills and Konami pulled the plug, this is what they both came up with instead.

You know... when someone learned only two things to do on forum :
complain and whine

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yup, I'm well aware of that. I would much prefer that they went and created that same game (without the Silent Hill licensing obviously) under a new name instead of working on the snoozefest that was Death Stranding. And I'm especially feeling irritated in that they actually want to go make a second one instead of making a great horror survival which they would clearly excel at. Just seems like such a waste of his talents. I mean if he's happy, great for him, but that doesn't change the fact that I believe he could be creating far better games with his time.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Noctosphere

T00nist8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully, with all the feedback and reviews of the first game, maybe Kojima will iron things out with the sequel! This has the potential of being a great experience, just needs to trim off the fat.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I loved the first game. It was really unique but for the love of fuck does Kojima need to calm it down with the bullshit story and extended cutscenes. The credits sequence was one of the most arrogant things I've ever witnessed, intentional or not.

I know that is what he's known for but it was especially bad in Death Stranding. The core gameplay was fun and interesting but has huge room for improvement.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over