'Death Stranding' announced for PC

DS.JPG
Hideo Kojima's first title since he split from Konami, Death Stranding, is coming to PS4 this November 8th. The game features a Hollywood-worthy cast with actors like Norman Reedus, Mads Mikkelsen, Lindsay Wagner and more having key roles in the title. However, while Sony is publishing the game, it won't remain as a PS4 exclusive for long. Kojima Productions announced via a tweet today that the game will also be released for PCs in early summer of 2020!

Are you looking forward to Death Stranding?

UPDATE: 505 games will be publishing the game for PC and you can already pre-purchase it from Steam or Epic Games Store for $59.99.

:arrow: SOURCE

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Damn, the timing of this announcement is really bad. I would buy this on PS4 but now that I know it's on PC I'm probably going to pirate it and see if I should buy it or not.

Reactions: souhukyafod

xtrem3x

Trophies
XP
Country
Damn, the timing of this announcement is really bad. I would buy this on PS4 but now that I know it's on PC I'm probably going to pirate it and see if I should buy it or not.

I agree, they will lose PS4 sales with this news. They should have waited until a week or 2 after release to announce it for PC, or maybe even after Christmas.

At least I know I'll be able to play it, I don't have a PS4 :)

Kadji

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Please 505 Games (or whoever has to make that decision): Bring this game to Google Stadia (in addition to Steam / EGS)
The game looks visually stunning, and I can not imagine that the game runs with (true) 4k at a stable 60fps on the PS4 Pro.

With the slow paced gameplay (at least from what I saw in previews) that would not suffer to much from a bit of input delay this could be THE game to showcase the potential of Google Stadia.
Imagine the game at 4k, ultra graphic settings and a stable, locked 60fps...without spending a fortune on a new PC (I think my 770GTX won't run the game smoothly).

Reactions: kekoroto

drazenm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just hope that the main selling point aren't the cast, constant cut scenes, point and clicking, held by my hand and walked through a scripted movie with few "critical" decisions for different movie endings etc. If it's like heavy Rain I'll pass thanks. Want a real game, not a babysitter.

Last edited by drazenm,
Reactions: souhukyafod

Deleted member 506316

100% Shit, 0% Post
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just hope that the main selling point aren't the cast, constant cut scenes, point and clicking, held by my hand and walked through a movie rtc. If it's like heavy Rain I'll pass thanks. Want a real game, not a babysitter.
Probably Kojima would have perfected the balance, giving us ludicrous amounts of cutscenes while giving us enough gameplay.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's a kojima game you don't need to work for nasa to kno this is a must buy game

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great! I was going to hold off for the possible/probable PS5 version, but this is all I need to know. I don't care if it's on Steam or Epic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1