'Death Stranding' announced for PC

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore GBAtemp Fan

Jun 16, 2014
    United States
    There is no game. It's about walking and celebrity pandering.

Any and all hype was just because of X celebrity being revealed. That's it. Change my mind.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  2. wolf-snake

wolf-snake GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    So basically we spent more money than Sony gave us so we need as much revenue as we can... Classic Kojima.

3. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    WOW... My PS4 Pro is picking dust for half a year and I was only waiting for this game, now it's coming to PC omfg... my PS4 Pro = DEAD.

4. kenenthk

kenenthk Custom Title

May 26, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    Guess I'll be enjoying this game at a 30fps 720 medium settings

5. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Dont cry

6. gameboy

gameboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    you mean og ps4 settings of 640p 24fps?

Subtle Demise likes this.
  7. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Very nice, I figured this wouldn't remain an exclusive long. Hopefully Kojima insists on releasing the game on as many storefronts as possible.

8. Deathbot64

Deathbot64 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 15, 2014
    Canada
    pretty sure last of us part 2 is a may release now

9. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    Tell that to Detroit become human

Touche

10. SS4

SS4 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2010
    Canada
    In front of my Computer
    Am i the only one who got a Metal Gear Survive impression because of those stick thrown in the trailer . . .
    It seems possible that Kojima already started some ground work for his next game and Konami made Survive out of it.

11. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    Considering 5 wasnt finished?

12. Godofcheese

Godofcheese Insane

Dec 31, 2016
    Sweden
    Shivering Isles
    505 Games who are responsible for publishing death stranding on PC, also published Control by remedy.
    And that game landed on Epic Games Store.
    Not looking good lads.

Yarr Harr Fiddle Dee Dee

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  13. usernamecharlie

usernamecharlie GBAtemp Regular

Jul 12, 2017
    Israel
    Will wait for PC version as well :)

Godofcheese likes this.
  14. Kadji

Kadji GBAtemp Regular

Nov 16, 2006
    Germany
    Germany, NRW
    More choice, at least in my book, is always good. If the game was a Stadia exclusive (which it definitely won't be) I could understand your anger.
    Do you realy think that Stadia will be so successfull that all games will *only* be aviable to streaming services? That will not happen in the near futute, there are to many technical problems, be it bandwith, datacaps or people who refuse to use streaming services - their good right I might add.

But for people like me, who just occasionally play graphical intense games on their PC, and that want to experience the game with the best possible graphic settings and performance, streaming services *could* be a good solution. I would rather pay 60€ to play the game on Stadia than to spend 600€+ to upgrade my PC in addition to 60€ for the game.

Not everyone has a beefy gaming PC. Mine was top tier when I build it a few years ago, but now the hardware is obsolete. It's still good enough for 90% of the games I want to play, but I know that games like Cyberpunk, the FF7 Remake (if it releases on PC) and Death Stranding would struggle to run on my hardware.

The hate against Stadia, or game streaming services in general, is irrationale for me. It is based on the fear that "normal" games will dissappear. MS tried that with the Xbox One, and we all remember the huge backlash they got for it, going so far to remove that "feature".

15. hutzero

hutzero Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2007
    Thailand
    I think that Kojima is trying to announce to PC gamers and told them "look at this game" at first release on PS4. Everyone enjoys the game by cooperation with many online people in helping each other to build something of value that pirate game can't make you enjoy like this.
    See it then buy it!

16. DbGt

DbGt GBAtemp Fan

Jul 28, 2004
    Mexico
    Well, now i i dont know what to do. Probably the PC version will be the definitive edition, but that means waiting 8 plus months to play this game....

Plus multiplayer is most times better on consoles than PC

Double dipping is not an option as i never do this and its a waste of time and money

17. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    Good thing they announced it now. Releasing it as a PS4 exclusive and a few days later not anymore would be shady as f.

Still getting it on ps4 prob because trophies + physical copy + sell after beating the game to recover $30 or more.

DANTENDO likes this.
  18. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    About time someone in this thread talking sense

19. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    yep, spoke too soon, looks like the "big overhaul" is over, CODEX just cracked the latest denuvo with borderlands 3 so, yeah i guess thats something

Xzi and Subtle Demise like this.
  20. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    Wouldn't be shocked if it was drm free anyway. 505 has decent track record there. Lots of drm free releases, even Control only needed egs to download it, was drm free and could run without the client.

Xzi and gamesquest1 like this.