DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can't see activation instructions for cheats on my dstwo card. Can anybody tell me any easy way that I can view the instructions on my pc?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So I can't view activation commands for cheats on my dstwo where applicable. Can anyone please tell me an easy way to view those activation commands on my PC?
You can use Notepad to view the cheats.xml and find the code you are wanting to use to see the instructions.

Reactions: Alexander1970

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DeadSkullzJr can you add SaGa 3 ar ap code on your next release good sir

@DeadSkullzJr can you please add SaGa 3 AP fix cheat code on your next release good sir, can't seem to find them on you cheat files
Generally speaking some games like this never needed AP patches or cheats, likely due to the fact that the game doesn't have any AP measures at all. I'll look into it nonetheless, but I will say this, just because a game doesn't work for you doesn't necessarily mean it's because of AP related issues. Some things just have a compatibility issue with said title, nothing can be done about that unless the source you are using to run the title gets updated with a fix.

Edit:
I just checked the database, there indeed exists an AP code for the game already. Sounds like you have a bad or edited version of the game, hence why no codes pop up for you. I recommend checking to make sure you are using the correct dump:
Code:
  File: SaGa 3 - Jikuu no Hasha - Shadow or Light (Japan).nds
CRC-32: d0c79ae7
   MD4: 1146b76042a64ed58dce8bb9e55c5dbe
   MD5: 8edb0033aa3b0f5e02f3d1424f2663dc
 SHA-1: 4569d24295fcc37efa3f6f9c98c4aafef40625b8

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr,

Torsight

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey @DeadSkullzJr. I want to download your CheatDB for my M3DsReal. The link on the page to your CheatCodes showing to filetrip is giving me a file not found. Can you check that for me?
I actually just joined this forum to get a working cheatcode for animal crossing wild world, hope to get it this way!
Cheers!

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hey @DeadSkullzJr. I want to download your CheatDB for my M3DsReal. The link on the page to your CheatCodes showing to filetrip is giving me a file not found. Can you check that for me?
I actually just joined this forum to get a working cheatcode for animal crossing wild world, hope to get it this way!
Cheers!

Hello.:)
(and Welcome on GBAtemp.:toot:).

On the FIRST Page here in this Thread.:)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/deadskullzjrs-nds-cheat-databases.488711/

You will come on his github Page:
https://github.com/DeadSkullzJr/NDS-Cheat-Databases/releases/tag/v2.3.0

Thank you.
and have a good Time here.:)

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Generally speaking some games like this never needed AP patches or cheats, likely due to the fact that the game doesn't have any AP measures at all. I'll look into it nonetheless, but I will say this, just because a game doesn't work for you doesn't necessarily mean it's because of AP related issues. Some things just have a compatibility issue with said title, nothing can be done about that unless the source you are using to run the title gets updated with a fix.

Edit:
I just checked the database, there indeed exists an AP code for the game already. Sounds like you have a bad or edited version of the game, hence why no codes pop up for you. I recommend checking to make sure you are using the correct dump:
Code:
  File: SaGa 3 - Jikuu no Hasha - Shadow or Light (Japan).nds
CRC-32: d0c79ae7
   MD4: 1146b76042a64ed58dce8bb9e55c5dbe
   MD5: 8edb0033aa3b0f5e02f3d1424f2663dc
 SHA-1: 4569d24295fcc37efa3f6f9c98c4aafef40625b8

I am pretty sure that is only necessary if you are playing the original Japanese version as if I remember correctly the English fan translation patch has an AP patch built in.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am pretty sure that is only necessary if you are playing the original Japanese version as if I remember correctly the English fan translation patch has an AP patch built in.
I think you misunderstood what I said. I already know what AP is generally used for, and I am already aware that English translations tend to carry AP fixes already ;). The user didn't specify any sort of translation version however, he merely mentioned SaGa 3, which automatically makes me assume he means the vanilla Japanese version of the game, I then provided an edit stating that YES there is an AP cheat for that game already in the databases. I have no idea what people mean if they aren't specific enough about the version they are playing with. I hope that clears things up a bit!

Torsight

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, thanks for the quick reply!
When i go to the Github and download the zip i only get a usrcheat.dat a license and a readme file. I dont really understand how to get to the cheat.db file i am looking for.
Sorry for asking such dumb questions, im just new to this whole m3 thing :D

Thanks for the welcome anyways:) Nice to know you have such a friendly community around here!

Galaxycode

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The random encounters for pokemon soul silver cheat doesnt work, i dont know if theres buttons need pressing at the same time but no random pokemon appear, just the standard area pokemon.

Pokemon soul silvers random encounters cheat doesnt work, i have it on and no random pokemon appear just the standerd ones pop up. Would you be able to fix this please.

Thank you.

Galaxycode

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The random encounters for pokemon soul silver cheat doesnt work, i dont know if theres buttons need pressing at the same time but no random pokemon appear, just the standard area pokemon.

Pokemon soul silvers random encounters cheat doesnt work, i have it on and no random pokemon appear just the standerd ones pop up. Would you be able to fix this please.

Thank you.
I just wanted to also say that i didnt mean to double post, the device im playing on is the R4i i believe so im not sure why its not working and the odd cheat doesnt work right in the game either. Thank you.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to also say that i didnt mean to double post, the device im playing on is the R4i i believe so im not sure why its not working and the odd cheat doesnt work right in the game either. Thank you.
I just tested the code out, seems to be working fine on my end for both HeartGold and SoulSilver. If you use Wood R4 then you should check to see if cheats are enabled in the settings.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply!
When i go to the Github and download the zip i only get a usrcheat.dat a license and a readme file. I dont really understand how to get to the cheat.db file i am looking for.
Sorry for asking such dumb questions, im just new to this whole m3 thing :D

Thanks for the welcome anyways:) Nice to know you have such a friendly community around here!
You need to hop into the releases section to grab the database sets, all of them will be in a 7zip document.

D

Deleted User

It has really been helpful to me for Golden Sun Dark Dawn (in particular the Walking Speed-Up code, if you have ever played this game, you'd know how slow it is).

This may very well be the most complete DS cheat codes database ever.
Thanks for all your work !

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has really been helpful to me for Golden Sun Dark Dawn (in particular the Walking Speed-Up code, if you have ever played this game, you'd know how slow it is).

This may very well be the most complete DS cheat codes database ever.
Thanks for all your work !
It makes me happy hearing the content provided is serving you properly and well, glad to help! Also thank you for the compliments and for supporting the work (playing with cheats is a great way to test what works and what doesn't, nothing is perfect obviously, so you help by playing because you test indirectly).

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi! When you're going to update the database again, could you please add the AP code for Summon Night X? Your AP patch you provided works, but for some reason the cracked game doesn't work with my RTS, so I'm thinking it's probably the crack interfering with the RTS feature, since it works with all games that don't have any AP patch.

Edit: Btw was the AP patch you posted earlier in your Dropbox the same as Retrogamefan's one or did you modify it to work with the English patch? I think it has the same CRC so I should be able to use anyone's (J) AP patch, right? Or can I somehow extract AP patch from the older AP-patched English rom by using Xdelta? I've just updated the game with a bugfix from the translation thread, so I wanted to AP patch it and see if I can get the RTS working but noticed your Dropbox link doesn't work anymore and I didn't keep a copy of it, since I thought I had the latest version of the English patch. Thank you! :)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/summon-night-x-tears-crown-translation.484998

Edit: RGF's patch seems to be for a bad dump though, as it says [ b ] in its name.

Edit: So RFG's AP patch from the Onedrive preservation link doesn't work, it says target window checksum mimatch: invalid XD3 input Could you please make an new one or create an AP bypass code? The game with the earlier AP patch didn't work with RTS, so it'd be great if you could try the AP cheat so I can check if the AP patch was what was blocking the RTS from working. :)

Last edited by Fel,

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi! When you're going to update the database again, could you please add the AP code for Summon Night X? Your AP patch you provided works, but for some reason the cracked game doesn't work with my RTS, so I'm thinking it's probably the crack interfering with the RTS feature, since it works with all games that don't have any AP patch.

Edit: Btw was the AP patch you posted earlier in your Dropbox the same as Retrogamefan's one or did you modify it to work with the English patch? I think it has the same CRC so I should be able to use anyone's (J) AP patch, right? Or can I somehow extract AP patch from the older AP-patched English rom by using Xdelta? I've just updated the game with a bugfix from the translation thread, so I wanted to AP patch it and see if I can get the RTS working but noticed your Dropbox link doesn't work anymore and I didn't keep a copy of it, since I thought I had the latest version of the English patch. Thank you! :)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/summon-night-x-tears-crown-translation.484998

Edit: RGF's patch seems to be for a bad dump though, as it says [ b ] in its name.

Edit: So RFG's AP patch from the Onedrive preservation link doesn't work, it says target window checksum mimatch: invalid XD3 input Could you please make an new one or create an AP bypass code? The game with the earlier AP patch didn't work with RTS, so it'd be great if you could try the AP cheat so I can check if the AP patch was what was blocking the RTS from working. :)
Edit3: Actually, I tested the RTS with both the AP patched and unpatched version of the game and the (J) version with no patches, and none work with RTS, while any other game I tried did, so it must be an issue with the original rom. And it's the bad dump (I did a CRC check), so I'll check if the RTS will work with the correct one. So far RTS worked with another ROM that has a bad header as well, so I'm not sure if that's the cause. However without an AP patch I can't get past the menu screen, however I can at least check if the RTS works! :)

Edit: Interestingly enough, I can see cheats for the game (I saw the posts above where you said that cheats don't work with some badly dumped games) - if I see other cheats, if you had included the AP for it in, would I need the proper dump to see it or would it appear for the bad dump as well, since the cheats appear and the CRC is different due to the English Patch anyway?

Last edited by Fel,

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit3: Actually, I tested the RTS with both the AP patched and unpatched version of the game and the (J) version with no patches, and none work with RTS, while any other game I tried did, so it must be an issue with the original rom. And it's the bad dump (I did a CRC check), so I'll check if the RTS will work with the correct one. So far RTS worked with another ROM that has a bad header as well, so I'm not sure if that's the cause. However without an AP patch I can't get past the menu screen, however I can at least check if the RTS works! :)

Edit: Interestingly enough, I can see cheats for the game (I saw the posts above where you said that cheats don't work with some badly dumped games) - if I see other cheats, if you had included the AP for it in, would I need the proper dump to see it or would it appear for the bad dump as well, since the cheats appear and the CRC is different due to the English Patch anyway?
The best you can do is check to see if the proper dump works, if that doesn't work then it's likely due to a funky issue with whatever you are using (if it's TWiLightMenu then that's definitely a situation that isn't unusual, AP cheats won't work on that either because nds-bootstrap has an issue with cheats using a certain code type). As for the English patch, there is likely data shifts, requiring a new patch/cheat to be made just for that, I would have to examine across dumps to be sure. The cheats appear because the information matches what the database has, sometimes both good and bad can utilize cheats without requiring an update to the databases, it all comes down to what's bad and the severity of it.

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr,
Reactions: andreiarturo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work