Hacking DeadSkullzJr's NDS(i) Cheat Databases

Osan912

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried adding Pokémon Platnium,Heart Gold and Soul Silver and I get a “Failed to write a file to your action replay (CODELIST ERROR)” any help?

KingDalton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will we get cheats for FE Shadow Dragon Full content Patch? I'm pretty sure you haven't seen it yet, but in case you haven't, go check it out. Feel free to do this at anytime, I can't force you, but I hope it's soon, and I'm not sure if by then if I have the right version, but that's my problem, as long as this gets done, and thanks for the cheats list.

KingDalton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, during a playthrough of FF 3 the cheats locked me out of the game entirely, it just wouldn't loud the game, so again feel free to update FF 3 when possible.

Last edited by KingDalton,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've got a r4 gold plus (with ntr boot) flashcard from r4ids.cn and am trying to run Heartgold (German) with it.
It starts fine without the anti piracy cheat, but whitescreens (or blackscreens blackscreened) as soon as some kind of menu transition happens.
Using the AP cheat, it whitescreens/crashes during startup.

I dunno, if it's the cheat just not working well, or if the whole card is busted... it also randomly gets stuck in kirby superstar ultra and chrono trigger.

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, during a playthrough of FF 3 the cheats locked me out of the game entirely, it just wouldn't loud the game, so again feel free to update FF 3 when possible.
FF3 I would assume you mean Final Fantasy III. I played this game with the cheat list and never had an issue with this, what code in particular did you use?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've got a r4 gold plus (with ntr boot) flashcard from r4ids.cn and am trying to run Heartgold (German) with it.
It starts fine without the anti piracy cheat, but whitescreens (or blackscreens blackscreened) as soon as some kind of menu transition happens.
Using the AP cheat, it whitescreens/crashes during startup.

I dunno, if it's the cheat just not working well, or if the whole card is busted... it also randomly gets stuck in kirby superstar ultra and chrono trigger.
That's actually because a few of the R4i Gold 3DS Plus flashcarts in some places ended up being defective models (manufacturing related error). You never need AP patches or cheats for Wood R4 so the issue isn't in relation to the cheats or the games, especially considering that both of those games work well already on Wood R4.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So the card is a dud. Bummer, didn't find anything about that as I was searching for what card to buy.

Do you know if this impacts the ntr boot capabilities too?

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the card is a dud. Bummer, didn't find anything about that as I was searching for what card to buy.

Do you know if this impacts the ntr boot capabilities too?
NTRboot should be just fine. Not all the cards are defective, it's generally process of elimination (most places selling these aren't aware about it yet). I recommend at least trying a flash backup of the R4i Gold 3DS Plus from the internet on your card to see if maybe it's a software related issue, if it still acts up then it's definitely a hardware related issue.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
NTRboot should be just fine. Not all the cards are defective, it's generally process of elimination (most places selling these aren't aware about it yet). I recommend at least trying a flash backup of the R4i Gold 3DS Plus from the internet on your card to see if maybe it's a software related issue, if it still acts up then it's definitely a hardware related issue.

Alright, gave reflashing it a go, it's still acting up (seemingly worse than before actually, it's blackscreening right after the titlescreen now).

Is this an issue specifically with the plus cards? Am I very unlucky to have found a borked one?
I kinda wanna have a working wood card now...

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, gave reflashing it a go, it's still acting up (seemingly worse than before actually, it's blackscreening right after the titlescreen now).

Is this an issue specifically with the plus cards? Am I very unlucky to have found a borked one?
I kinda wanna have a working wood card now...
Unlucky likely, not all models you get are like that. like I said before, manufacturing related issues is what caused some of them to be a borked mess, since flash restore didn't fix it, it's definitely a hardware issue. You have a couple options:

- Contact the seller to get a replacement, request that the flashcart gets tested first.
- Get an Ace3DS+, which is another Wood based flashcart, just lacks NTRboot compatibility and doesn't have RTS (real time save). Small losses compared to its initial uses, there are other methods for custom firmware at least.

Optional:
Keep the flashcart for NTRboothax but buy an Ace3DS+, two flashcarts sure but at least you have both of what you want aside from RTS.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i have the latest TWilight Menu++ & bootstrap but my Pokemon White cheat codes aren't working, i do the whole press Y & then X but when in the game none of the codes work. Thoughts?
This is because the codes use a code type that nds-bootstrap doesn't support 100% yet. It's unfortunate but hey can't expect perfection, it will get fixed eventually, I already helped by getting low level codes that use the code type working, now it just needs to be updated to handle the big guns of codes present in the databases. Sorry for the inconvenience though, the codes do in fact work.

slimbizzy

call me watchu want
Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I am quite new to GBAtemp and was looking around here, I saw we can use cheat codes w/ TWLmenu++? Anyways, I got it working... But some cheats don't work? Is that the case or am I doing something wrong.

I have no more than 5 cheats activated at a time, too, so that shouldn't be the case...? After some reading... Conveniently placed right above this comment you say that nds-bootstrap doesn't support some of them or something?

Some cheats do work. Don't get me wrong. And I've used cheats on other games, too. So is it just the game, the cheat codes(I don't think it's the issue), or the nds-bootstrap compatibility w/ codes? (FYI: The game I am currently having issues on is LOZ: Phantom Hourglass)

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am quite new to GBAtemp and was looking around here, I saw we can use cheat codes w/ TWLmenu++? Anyways, I got it working... But some cheats don't work? Is that the case or am I doing something wrong.

I have no more than 5 cheats activated at a time, too, so that shouldn't be the case...? After some reading... Conveniently placed right above this comment you say that nds-bootstrap doesn't support some of them or something?

Some cheats do work. Don't get me wrong. And I've used cheats on other games, too. So is it just the game, the cheat codes(I don't think it's the issue), or the nds-bootstrap compatibility w/ codes? (FYI: The game I am currently having issues on is LOZ: Phantom Hourglass)
The message right above yours answers that

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right... I thought so.

So, to get most most, if not all of these cheats to work, I'll need an R4 card of some sort?
Well, it's only one code type that's partially broken. The other code types work fine.

At the moment, you'd need a flashcart if you'd like 100% cheats compatibility. My recommendation is the R4i Gold 3DS Plus.

Although, if you cant afford it, I recommend just waiting it out until it gets fixed.

slimbizzy

call me watchu want
Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
Canada
Well, it's only one code type that's partially broken. The other code types work fine.

At the moment, you'd need a flashcart if you'd like 100% cheats compatibility. My recommendation is the R4i Gold 3DS Plus.

Although, if you cant afford it, I recommend just waiting it out until it gets fixed.
Hmm. Yeah I thought so. I was never worried either.

I think I'll do a combination of both of those to be honest. Waiting at this time of the year seems like a better option, as I currently don't have the cash. But the 3DS homebrew community is seemingly dying a little. So it could be a while.

Yeah, I'll just wait till this coronacation is over, and if it isn't fixed by then I'll go ahead and purchase one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol