Hacking DeadSkullzJr's NDS(i) Cheat Databases

Abrahamtheman852

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are there any codes for the Tomodachi Collection? Since I cannot find any cheats anywhere else. I'm using the translation from just in case your wondering

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any codes for the Tomodachi Collection? Since I cannot find any cheats anywhere else. I'm using the translation from just in case your wondering
Yes though not a whole lot exists at this moment in time, you won't see them because you use the translation variant. If you provide the patch for the translation version, I can add it in for 2.5.0.

AutoCad_UA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I can't find rom Newer Super Mario Bros. DS v1.11 anywhere to use cheats. I half a year ago asked to update the cheats for 1.12, and already 1.13 has been updated. The author, help me, in a private message, maybe send the modified base usrcheat.dat. I really want to enable cheats in this game, for half a year I have been suffering, waiting for a miracle.

Last edited by AutoCad_UA,

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't find rom Newer Super Mario Bros. DS v1.11 anywhere to use cheats. I half a year ago asked to update the cheats for 1.12, and already 1.13 has been updated. The author, help me, in a private message, maybe send the modified base usrcheat.dat. I really want to enable cheats in this game, for half a year I have been suffering, waiting for a miracle.
My upcoming 2.5.0 update will have cheats for 1.13. I know it's been a while since the last update, can't exactly rush this stuff though given I don't think you want your save gambled via broken cheat codes now do you lol? I wouldn't think so, I'm working hard to make sure that doesn't happen for the upcoming update as I've remade and created brand new codes for everyone to enjoy, so I have to do lots of testing along the way before I can push the update to the public.

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr,

Davidariyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I wonder if you could add txt or readable version of your ds widescreen cheats.
I'm on android. I can't open any of those file on my phone.
Would be nice if we can just view the database and just copy & paste the code manually like in drastic android.
It's very comfortable and handy playing ds game on phone.
I will appreciate it if you can add text or pdf version of the database.

Reactions: banjo2

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if you could add txt or readable version of your ds widescreen cheats.
I'm on android. I can't open any of those file on my phone.
Would be nice if we can just view the database and just copy & paste the code manually like in drastic android.
It's very comfortable and handy playing ds game on phone.
I will appreciate it if you can add text or pdf version of the database.
Unfortunately I cannot make this happen given the amount of codes that exist in the databases. It would take me longer to manage both the databases and raw documents. I'm a bit confused anyways on this type of request given the cheat codes are all present for the game(s) you want to use cheats on, so all the codes you would want would already be there, it would just be a matter of picking and choosing which ones to enable or disable. I recommend you replace the databases in their respective locations instead of manually copying and pasting codes one by one, you could avoid all that trouble entirely given all my work would be displayed for you already. I've included widescreen codes in the databases to which you've already discovered (still work in progress on those additions), if you replace the older database used by emulators like DraStic with mine, they will be there along with the rest of the codes.

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr,

Awesomename707

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The codelists for Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum seem to be broken when trying to copy to an Action Replay DSi. Every other codelist for the mainline Pokemon games that i've tried copies to the action replay fine but attempting to drag & drop the DPP codes just results in (CODELIST ERROR).

Edit: The issue seems to be with the Starter Modifier codes (Ex. Starter #1 Modifier - Generation 1) as deleting those allows me to copy the codelists to the Action Replay fine.

Last edited by Awesomename707,

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The codelists for Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum seem to be broken when trying to copy to an Action Replay DSi. Every other codelist for the mainline Pokemon games that i've tried copies to the action replay fine but attempting to drag & drop the DPP codes just results in (CODELIST ERROR).

Edit: The issue seems to be with the Starter Modifier codes (Ex. Starter #1 Modifier - Generation 1) as deleting those allows me to copy the codelists to the Action Replay fine.
Keep in mind the Action Replay devices are limited to 2.5MB, meaning your can't just drop an entire list and expect it to work. The starter codes are all individual codes, given there is 493 per starter, that's going to be a bit rough for the device to manage.

Davidariyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Unfortunately I cannot make this happen given the amount of codes that exist in the databases. It would take me longer to manage both the databases and raw documents. I'm a bit confused anyways on this type of request given the cheat codes are all present for the game(s) you want to use cheats on, so all the codes you would want would already be there, it would just be a matter of picking and choosing which ones to enable or disable. I recommend you replace the databases in their respective locations instead of manually copying and pasting codes one by one, you could avoid all that trouble entirely given all my work would be displayed for you already. I've included widescreen codes in the databases to which you've already discovered (still work in progress on those additions), if you replace the older database used by emulators like DraStic with mine, they will be there along with the rest of the codes.
By reading your reply I just found out how to use your cheat database, by replacing the usrcheat.dat in drastic folder with your Version. I didn't know before. Thanks. I hope you can add your widescreen code as well in the next release.

Davidariyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I had to add: i prefer use the widescreen code manually, because I can change the display value of the game to whatever aspect ratio i want. So instead of just regular 16:9 widescreen. I changed it to super widescreen 21:9 or even more.
This way is more convenient for me. A little tedious and tiring but very effective.
I don't know if I can request so you could add different widescreen aspect ratio in your cheat database Next time.
That would be nice addition.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to add: i prefer use the widescreen code manually, because I can change the display value of the game to whatever aspect ratio i want. So instead of just regular 16:9 widescreen. I changed it to super widescreen 21:9 or even more.
This way is more convenient for me. A little tedious and tiring but very effective.
I don't know if I can request so you could add different widescreen aspect ratio in your cheat database Next time.
That would be nice addition.
I've added 16:9 and 16:10 variants (P.C. emulation and Nintendo 3DS respectively). I'm unaware of other aspect ratios used with these codes. I'll consider it but for right now it's going on the todo list given I have important stuff to do first regarding the other code content.

Dayknight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help, how do I set the cheat codes for Ace3ds+? Iv'e been trying and been looking for hours on how to do it and I can't figure it out. I just got mine today. Please help ASAP!

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help, how do I set the cheat codes for Ace3ds+? Iv'e been trying and been looking for hours on how to do it and I can't figure it out. I just got mine today. Please help ASAP!
First check my main thread post, I put down what database you need for your kernel and where to put it (stick the SD card in your system, it's self explanatory on what kernel you may have given the file system). Next, press Start to open a small menu in your kernel menu, head to Settings, navigate through your kernel menu tabs until you see an option called "Cheat in Game (AR)", set that to on, press A or tap "OK", save your settings. Next, press Y on the game you want to use cheats on, then either press X or tap "Cheats" to open the cheat menu. That's all there is to it.

Main reason I'm not telling you what your kernel is specifically is because I want you to at least learn what you are dealing with, that way in the future you won't have to ask the same question(s) again. So just stick your SD card in your system, view the file system, check to see if your kernel file names match any on my main thread post, then go from there. You will know what it is just doing that.

tendomonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luigi's Mansion - I was surprised that a big title like that doesn't have any cheats. I see a few for Dark Moon, but just money-related stuff. Is there something funky about these games that prevents cheats being feasible?

@DeadSkullzJr Thanks a million billion trillion for all your work on the awesome database!

Reactions: Alexander1970

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newer Super Mario Bros. DS v1.14 out already.
They kind of do it pretty quickly.
Already got it to 1.14 lol. Thanks though!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Luigi's Mansion - I was surprised that a big title like that doesn't have any cheats. I see a few for Dark Moon, but just money-related stuff. Is there something funky about these games that prevents cheats being feasible?

@DeadSkullzJr Thanks a million billion trillion for all your work on the awesome database!
Nothing is really "unfeasible" regarding the title, most just didn't care enough to do anything for it. No problem by the way! I should mention these databases are for the Nintendo DS though, I will say however that I am working on a 3DS variant, though that won't be coming until later on in the future. I've been meaning to purchase and play this title anyways, so thanks for reminding me about it.

tendomonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already got it to 1.14 lol. Thanks though!

Nothing is really "unfeasible" regarding the title, most just didn't care enough to do anything for it. No problem by the way! I should mention these databases are for the Nintendo DS though, I will say however that I am working on a 3DS variant, though that won't be coming until later on in the future. I've been meaning to purchase and play this title anyways, so thanks for reminding me about it.

Doh...sorry about that. Just saw the thread title (oops). Apparently I thought it was just one big discussion for everything.

This one (LM) seems like an especially good target for some cheats since its controls can be pretty rough. Everybody seems to complain a lot about the C-Stick controls on it...hah.

How would you release a 3DS database, just out of curiosity? Would you incorporate updates to the Checkpoint/Sharkive database or something?

Sincere thanks again for all your awesome effort and help!

WishyBot

Trophies
Website
wishybot.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Ia there a recent version for the Cheat database? Tried to find it but didnt had luck unfortunately, tutorial I used was outdated (1 year ago, yikes) and I'm a bit anxious I have a outdated one since cheats for my pokemon white isnt working. Sorry if someone already asked this..

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doh...sorry about that. Just saw the thread title (oops). Apparently I thought it was just one big discussion for everything.

This one (LM) seems like an especially good target for some cheats since its controls can be pretty rough. Everybody seems to complain a lot about the C-Stick controls on it...hah.

How would you release a 3DS database, just out of curiosity? Would you incorporate updates to the Checkpoint/Sharkive database or something?

Sincere thanks again for all your awesome effort and help!
Haven't worked out the plans for that yet given it's a long ways from now to even consider it. I would likely host my own repository for them though.

Ia there a recent version for the Cheat database? Tried to find it but didnt had luck unfortunately, tutorial I used was outdated (1 year ago, yikes) and I'm a bit anxious I have a outdated one since cheats for my pokemon white isnt working. Sorry if someone already asked this..
Main thread post has the latest version (2.4.0), I am still working on 2.5.0.

WishyBot

Trophies
Website
wishybot.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Haven't worked out the plans for that yet given it's a long ways from now to even consider it. I would likely host my own repository for them though.

Main thread post has the latest version (2.4.0), I am still working on 2.5.0.

Oh, ok! Thank you

Reactions: banjo2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Hey hey!