Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tanveer said:
Okay fair enough.
Being born as a muslim, I always felt that its too demanding. A lot of things didnt make sense to me and other things just felt so "restrictive".
I always felt that its a little too much trying to follow a RELIGIOUS PATH.
So later, I declared myself a theist.. no believer. I am open about things. If something makes sense I am willing to accept it.

but there are lots of questions in my mind.. too many things that makes me think.. well lets not get there.
Like I said, I am open about things. I have had a pretty hard life and developed hatred towards a lot of things.. I want to hold beliefs that make sense to me, I want to walk on a path of a "good human being".. But I cant define myself using religious point of view.

Emotional stuff.. lol. I am hoping to understand things and hold beliefs of my own, whatever it may be
biggrin.gif

Well, I hope you luck on your path.
But if you have any question about Islam, I'm here. I know just what you feel about things being to restrictive and not making sense.

QUOTE(ThatDudeWithTheFood @ Aug 1 2011, 10:08 PM) I'm not doing the full thing until next year and for me Ramadan is sadly mostly during school.

School begins next week so I can fast this week and on weekends but my mother doesn't let me fast on school days.

Also normally I don't eat halal but during Ramadan I only eat halal what about you guys?
Well, I'm a "Quranist" so I can eat pretty much anything. I mean, what is different from Halal meat and non-Halal meat? Someone blessed it with bismillah? I can do that myself.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I work with two girls that always fast, and they were talking about how Ramadan was starting.

I'm not religious, and neither is my family so I just will never understand why people would do this stuff for their culture.

I don't know. It's good for them though.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanveer said:
There are seven things that break the fast, as follows:

1- Intercourse

2- Masturbation

3- Eating and drinking

4- Anything that is regarded as coming under the same heading as eating and drinking

5- Letting blood by means of cupping and the like

6- Vomiting deliberately

7- Menstruation and nifaas

The first of the things that invalidate the fast is: intercourse.
Oh man, I'm glad I'm not religious. That's gotta be a shitty time. Good luck with your stuffs, dudes. And aren't some of those, you know, involuntary in females?

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DrOctapu said:
Tanveer said:

1- Intercourse

2- Masturbation

3- Eating and drinking

4- Anything that is regarded as coming under the same heading as eating and drinking

6- Vomiting deliberately

Oh man, I'm glad I'm not religious. That's gotta be a shitty time. Good luck with your stuffs, dudes.
It's really not as bad as you'd think.

Anyways, I'm off to do Salat al-Isha.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
I'm not doing the full thing until next year and for me Ramadan is sadly mostly during school.

School begins next week so I can fast this week and on weekends but my mother doesn't let me fast on school days.

Also normally I don't eat halal but during Ramadan I only eat halal what about you guys?
Well, I'm a "Quranist" so I can eat pretty much anything. I mean, what is different from Halal meat and non-Halal meat? Someone blessed it with bismillah? I can do that myself.
Yeah thats pretty much what I think a lot of things I don't agree with but I don't feel bad about not agreeing with just because of these modern times you know.

Quote button didn't put opening tag weird.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it sucks that my Ramadan happens to fall into the beginning of my school year. And I have... 3-5 AP classes?
ohnoes.png

As for the bleeding issue, I was taught that the blood only invalidates if it's your period (in this case, it's not really invalidation but more along precaution to avoid messing with the menstrual cycle) or if you consciously mutilate yourself (slitting your wrists).

The precautions aren't really as strict as you might think; you can do anything else you want, such as gaming, playing outside, etc. I spend my time sleeping, though.
tongue.gif

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Pyromon
My parents are always trying to convince me, making me meet religious people and trying to understand things. So far, I am only drifting apart from "islam".

@DrOctapu
Women can make up for not being able to fast. 1 missed day = 1 day of making up.

but if you deliberately dont fast a day, as in not ill, no reason that you coudnt fast, you have to make up for 60 days. See what I mean by restrictive and too demanding?

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
but if you deliberately dont fast a day, as in not ill, no reason that you coudnt fast, you have to make up for 60 days. See what I mean by restrictive and too demanding?

When I see things like that I just don't partake in them even if it is apart of my religion.

To me if I don't agree with something in my religion I just don't agree with it and don't do it I use it more as a guideline and change the things I want to if I'm supposed to or not.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanveer said:
Whoa whoa whoa, what? I have never heard of that before! Hmm...

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Slyakin said:
Tanveer said:
Whoa whoa whoa, what? I have never heard of that before! Hmm...
Apparantly you cannot componsate 1 missed day.
But you know some hadith just come up.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tanveer said:
@Pyromon
My parents are always trying to convince me, making me meet religious people and trying to understand things. So far, I am only drifting apart from "islam".

@DrOctapu
Women can make up for not being able to fast. 1 missed day = 1 day of making up.

Quran 2:256
There shall be no compulsion in religion.

Your parents are wrong about trying to force you.

And the Qur'an does not specify about such punishment for someone who voluntarily does not fast. And I don't see why that would matter anyway, since if you decide not to fast, you quite obviously don't follow Islam.

wasim

♫ Music addict ♫
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
DrOctapu said:
Tanveer said:

1- Intercourse

2- Masturbation

3- Eating and drinking

6- Vomiting deliberately

Oh man, I'm glad I'm not religious. That's gotta be a shitty time. Good luck with your stuffs, dudes. And aren't some of those, you know, involuntary in females?

you're glad that you are not religious ??!!

you'll regret that one day dude !! ( no offense meant there )
and its not really hard avoiding those 7 things
exept for Eating and drinking ( sort of ) , but we should really know the problems of the ppl who don't get food !

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
wasim said:
DrOctapu said:
Tanveer said:

1- Intercourse

2- Masturbation

3- Eating and drinking

6- Vomiting deliberately

exept for Eating and drinking ( sort of ) , but we should really know the problems of the ppl who don't get food !

Masturbation can be a difficult one (some people are practically addicted), and seriously, no menstruation? Do girls just have to hope they don't have their period?

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Nathan Drake said:
wasim said:
DrOctapu said:
Tanveer said:

1- Intercourse

2- Masturbation

3- Eating and drinking

6- Vomiting deliberately

Masturbation can be a difficult one (some people are practically addicted), and seriously, no menstruation? Do girls just have to hope they don't have their period?

Nope if girls have their period they just break thier fasting & are free to eat & drink. They just fast whatever days their period lasted after ramadan

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, that makes sense. I was gonna say, they shouldn't be penalized for their body deciding it was time to do its monthly business.

NBA Mj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
First of all Ramadan Mubarak to all tempers

Second, @Pyrmon:
I'm really glad you converted into a Muslim and may Allah reward you with good and brings happiness to you and to your all muslim brothers and sisters.
I had a point I wanted to discuss it with you, you said your "Quranni" and you only look into Qur'anic text, no Hadith.
I wanted to ask you, why do you pray Asir 4 Rak'as and Magrib 3 Rak'as ?? Its not mentioned in the Qur'an, is it?
Prophet Muhammad's (Peace be upon him) Sunna Hadith explains the things that came in the Qur'an.
So what I would like to suggest to you is to read more about the Prophet and learn more about how he lived his life ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night