Burnin' Monkey Love
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, so the first day of Ramadan 1432(AKA 2011) is coming to an end. This is my first official Ramadan fast as a Muslim. I will post everyday onward about the fast. I hope these blogs become a place where the Muslim tempers can give others tips on fasting and just overall give support. So, here it goes.

Today was pretty hard. From what I read, the first day is always one of the hardest because the body hasn't yet adjusted to fasting. The hot temperature didn't help either. Luckily, I have a pool, so I spent most of my time in it. It helps with thirst, but makes me more hungry afterwards
laugh.gif
Waking up at four to eat before dawn is kinda hard too, but I manage. And since I don't eat anything else, I get to eat pancakes every morning
smile.gif
By the end of the day my tummy hurt a bit and I couldn't stop looking at the clock ticking. I would make this blog longer but now the day has come to an end and I'm off to eat.

Last thing to say is:
Ramadan Mubarak GBAtemp!

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, my fast hasn't broke yet. Congrats on your first fast, though!

And bad news: it kind of gets harder as it goes on; You get more and more tired through the month. I combat that by eating a lot of carbs and sugars during the time I can eat in the morning.

Congrats again, and Ramadan Mubarak!

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ramadhan Mubarak!

I also fast and its pretty easy for me. I have had bad times and days where I didnt eat for 2-3 days.. yap, life is weird. Not that I coudnt afford food or anything
tongue.gif
!!!!

Being from a muslim background, I do fast. But I am pretty much a non-believer or in other words called by muslims, "kafir".

Maybe someday I will be able to believe in the cause for why I am fasting.
As of right now, me fasting is really meaningless.. I do it anyway.

Sahduk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ramadan mubarak peoples. Firsst day was alittle tough for me since its during the summer holidays, and I cant eat till 854pm which has to be the latest fast I have ever done. By the end of the day I had very little energy left and just passed out on the sofa. Woke up 10 mins before eat time
biggrin.gif

Good luck to you all
smile.gif

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Necron N.N said:
Oh, I have a question. What can and cannot eat/do while Ramadam last?
You eat before sunrise and break your fast at maghrib time(around sunset).
During the time you are fasting, you are not allowed to drink or eat anything.

Muslims do not eat pork, if you didnt know.

About things you cant do.. there are a lot of things you cant do while you fast. You cant have sex, you cant fap, if you bleed it breaks your fasting.. just a few common examples.

omegasoul6

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tanveer said:
Necron N.N said:

Muslims do neat eat pork, if you didnt know.

About things you cant do.. there are a lot of things you cant do while you fast. You cant have sex, you cant fap, if you bleed it breaks your fasting.. just a few common examples.

There's no way i could do that..you guys are Brave Brave souls to be able to do this.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
omegasoul6 said:
Tanveer said:
Necron N.N said:

There's no way i could do that..you guys are Brave Brave souls to be able to do this.
lol
to be honest, I can only keep the "not eating" part. I end up doing a lot of things which makes my fasting invalid anyway.

hell, I dont have a "pure intention" either. That makes it useless in the first place.
But like I said. I am searching for the truth.. maybe someday I will be able to accept Islam or who knows what religion lol.

kaz_abdin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
Necron N.N said:

Ramadan Mubarak everyone
smile.gif
By the way, from my understanding, bleeding does not break your fast
smile.gif

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
kaz_abdin said:
Tanveer said:
Necron N.N said:

Ramadan Mubarak everyone
smile.gif
smile.gif
Bleeding does break your fast.
Thats why women cant fast during their period.

@Issac
Thats called "Eid".

kaz_abdin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
kaz_abdin said:
Tanveer said:
Necron N.N said:

Ramadan Mubarak everyone
smile.gif
smile.gif
Bleeding does break your fast.
Thats why women cant fast during their period.

Oh you meant that kind of bleeding, I thought you meant a common cut on the finger
tongue.gif

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Salam everyone.

I just came back from Salat al-maghreed(the sunset prayer).
I ate so much
laugh.gif
and we had my favorite cake for desert
tongue.gif

As to what invalidates the fast: I am not a Sunni or Shia Muslim. I'm a "Quranni" if you have to put a word on it. So I only take what the Qur'an says as truth. And the Qur'an does not mention that bleeding breaks the fast. All we are to abstain from is eating and sexual intercourse. Whether that includes masturbation is subject to debate, but I think anyone decent wouldn't fap during the fasting period.

And @Issac, Ramadan is the name of the month during which we fast. The party at the end is called Eid al-fitar, I think. But there are parties at the end of every day anyway.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What made you convert into muslim? In your other blod you didnt really say things too specifically.
Its hard for me to accept anything without me experiencing things myself.
I only believe in what I see or with solid proof.

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Tanveer said:
Necron N.N said:

Did know that muslims do not eat pork.

And why bleeding invalids your fast?

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm just glad ramadan isn't during school, it's crazy hard to resist on the first day when everyone around you is pigging out on their double cheese burgers
dry.gif

Anyways, good luck to you, and enjoy everyday of ramadan brother!

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Necron N.N said:
Tanveer said:
Necron N.N said:

Did know that muslims do not eat pork.

List:
There are seven things that break the fast, as follows:

1- Intercourse

2- Masturbation

3- Eating and drinking

4- Anything that is regarded as coming under the same heading as eating and drinking

5- Letting blood by means of cupping and the like

6- Vomiting deliberately

7- Menstruation and nifaas

The first of the things that invalidate the fast is: intercourse.

Bleeding, as in if you cut yourself on purpose. Unintentionally is ok. Still, there is no direct evidence.
Like Pyroman said, there are different types of muslim with minor differences.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tanveer said:
What made you convert into muslim? In your other blod you didnt really say things too specifically.
What made me convert? It would be hard to pinpoint exactly one thing and say "that's the reason!". I'll tell you a bit of my background:
I was raised by a north american Catholic family. They weren't very practicing so, like most of my peers, I became an Atheist. Most of my peers would say "Well, I'm Christian because of my baptism, but I really don't believe in God. But I was really young and inexperienced and really tough none of that mattered. Over the years I became Agnostic, opening up to the possibility of a God, then I kinda became a deist. At the age of ten I started looking into Islam because of 9/11, which was still in the minds of people even four years later. Originally, I wanted to see just how "full of shit" it was and how all Muslims were terrorists. I obviously learned that wasn't true. Pretty quickly too. Then my mind got interested in things a little more my age and I kinda forgot about all that until I had to do a project in my first year of High School about the five major religions. I had to research Islam and learned many new things. Then I continued to study Islam, even reading the Qur'an a couple of times. I started incorporating some things of Islam into my life, such as charity and daily meditation. And then things led to another and I learned and learned. Then two months ago, I finally decided to make the jump and convert.
Now, for the exact reason of my conversion. To be honest, I'm not sure. It's not like I suddenly had some kind of spiritual experience in which I saw God or something. I just kinda realized the Qur'an and me agreed on many things.

SonicXXXthehedgehog said:
I'm just glad ramadan isn't during school, it's crazy hard to resist on the first day when everyone around you is pigging out on their double cheese burgers
dry.gif

Anyways, good luck to you, and enjoy everyday of ramadan brother!
I must admit resisting is quite hard when everyone around you is not only eating, but literally teasing you with the food! But Ramadan won't fall during school time for another... what? Seven years? In the mean time, we must put up with the heat, though
wink.gif

QUOTE(Necron N.N @ Aug 1 2011, 09:43 PM)
There are many opinions on this. IMO, bleeding does not invalidate fast.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pyrmon said:
Tanveer said:
What made me convert? It would be hard to pinpoint exactly one thing and say "that's the reason!". I'll tell you a bit of my background:
I was raised by a north american Catholic family. They weren't very practicing so, like most of my peers, I became an Atheist. Most of my peers would say "Well, I'm Christian because of my baptism, but I really don't believe in God. But I was really young and inexperienced and really tough none of that mattered. Over the years I became Agnostic, opening up to the possibility of a God, then I kinda became a deist. At the age of ten I started looking into Islam because of 9/11, which was still in the minds of people even four years later. Originally, I wanted to see just how "full of shit" it was and how all Muslims were terrorists. I obviously learned that wasn't true. Pretty quickly too. Then my mind got interested in things a little more my age and I kinda forgot about all that until I had to do a project in my first year of High School about the five major religions. I had to research Islam and learned many new things. Then I continued to study Islam, even reading the Qur'an a couple of times. I started incorporating some things of Islam into my life, such as charity and daily meditation. And then things led to another and I learned and learned. Then two months ago, I finally decided to make the jump and convert.
Now, for the exact reason of my conversion. To be honest, I'm not sure. It's not like I suddenly had some kind of spiritual experience in which I saw God or something. I just kinda realized the Qur'an and me agreed on many things.
Okay fair enough.
Being born as a muslim, I always felt that its too demanding. A lot of things didnt make sense to me and other things just felt so "restrictive".
I always felt that its a little too much trying to follow a RELIGIOUS PATH.
So later, I declared myself a theist.. no believer. I am open about things. If something makes sense I am willing to accept it.

but there are lots of questions in my mind.. too many things that makes me think.. well lets not get there.
Like I said, I am open about things. I have had a pretty hard life and developed hatred towards a lot of things.. I want to hold beliefs that make sense to me, I want to walk on a path of a "good human being".. But I cant define myself using religious point of view.

Emotional stuff.. lol. I am hoping to understand things and hold beliefs of my own, whatever it may be
biggrin.gif

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not doing the full thing until next year and for me Ramadan is sadly mostly during school.

School begins next week so I can fast this week and on weekends but my mother doesn't let me fast on school days.

Also normally I don't eat halal but during Ramadan I only eat halal what about you guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, what do you two think?
  • light27 @ light27:
    it was like
  • light27 @ light27:
    "wake up dr frema. wake up and smell da ashes.."
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, did you reincarnate?
  • light27 @ light27:
    yes
  • light27 @ light27:
    also another thing, why do i always open gbatemp chat at the most unfortunate times
  • light27 @ light27:
    you guys need to stay away from @AncientBoi o.o
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, why is talking about my birthday something bad?
  • light27 @ light27:
    wait what? oh
  • light27 @ light27:
    my bad
  • light27 @ light27:
    happy birthday
  • light27 @ light27:
    OIP.19q3E5NK_Mdn0K35CZWrWQHaJ4
    for you bro
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, it's actually tommorrow but thx
  • light27 @ light27:
    oh it’s the least I could do
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire